Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic Car wiring and LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Car wiring and LS1

My 67 Camaro doesn't have any wiring once so ever. I was considering the classic update kit from Autowire. I am also considering an LS wiring kit from PSI for my setup. Am I duplicating anything by doing this or would you go ahead and do both? They sell partial and universal kits for the car as well. Just didn't want to cut half of a new harness off if I didn't have to.

Shannon
Old 05-17-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The LSx engine harness are pretty much stand alone and only needs to intergrade a few wires into the body harness.

But as long a your starting from scratch, your open to a completed update body harness like the one your most likely looking at from Autowire or any of the other vendors that market replacement body harness (make sure the Fuse box is using update fuse and relays). And then just intergrade a few wire from the LSx harness as needed.

just my 2 cents.

BC
Old 05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

I just did the Classic Update on my 66 Chevelle. I would definitely go that route. All of the wiring is laid out nice with extra length so you can route it how you want. They also give you several extra fused circuits that can be used for various things under the hood. I am about to swap an LQ4 into mine. It looks like between the additional ECM circuits they provide, and the factory ignition power wire you should have plenty of power options under the hood. The thing I like best about the setup is that you only have to run the wires you plan on using. You can add or remove wires from the firewall connection to the fuse box so all you have under the hood is the wiring you are using.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would let potential wiring vendors, both for LS harness and car wiring, know what you are planning to do. They may be able to offer suggestions that will save you time and make the interface easier.

Pat
Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what they say as well.

Shannon
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice thing about our harness is that it will integrate very easily with any aftermarket chassis harness as you only need to integrate the switched power wire. We supply everything for the engine and transmission.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 05-17-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the kit from autowire then for the standalone I used cheveythunder(SP?) nice kit for standalone. Came with the fuse block, fan harness and ECU. The wires where not in pretty looms but I can handle that when I lay it out. Only 2 more years of body work and I can assemble the car LOL
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. Jon, I'll be talking to you soon. I've decided to get the car running before I finish the body work. Helps keep my short attention span on point!

Here's my build to date. I probably should start one here, but I'll wait until I get more into the harness and engine.

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...ect&highlight=

Shannon
Old 05-18-2012, 07:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking REALLY good Shannon. Let me know if you need anything on our end.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default harness

X2 on several of the previous, get a good harness for the car and your standalone for engine combination you will be most happy and have the best of both worlds. Some advice... Good is not cheap and Cheap is not good, I fix horror stories in my shop, so will not name names as to not **** off people, but truth is the truth ,no matter how brutal...

Quick Reply: Classic Car wiring and LS1