Sponsored by:

TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"

Well guys,

I've been lurking for years and finally decided in Nov2010 to upgrade my baby to an LS2/4L70E...that alone is NOT the only thing that was done...once you decide to have bigger power, you need a solid foundation, all new wiring, bigger brakes, etc, etc etc... since I have owned this 'vert for 17+ years and figured I would be keeping her for a long time, I took the plunge...

The duties fell to Brian and his crew @ ScreaminPerformance.. He is a perfectionist and 1st Gen EXPERT! He is doing an outstanding job of brining my baby into the 21st century. I hope you agree.

Tango
Attached Thumbnails TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-68-vert-1994-first-dayweb.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-68-vert-1998-briweb.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-my-babies-1994web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-004web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-016web.jpg  

TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-deconstruction-1web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-deconstruction-2web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-deconstruction-3web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-deconstruction-4web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-old-enginebayweb.jpg  

Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

..more
Attached Thumbnails TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-3web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-4web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-5web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-6web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-7web.jpg  

TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-8web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-9web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-10web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-11web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-12web.jpg  

Old 07-13-2011, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

more pics
Attached Thumbnails TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-13web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-14web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-15web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-17web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-18web.jpg  

TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-19web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-20web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-22web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-23web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-24web.jpg  

Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

I bought her when my daughter was 3 yrs old...she is now in her third year of college! Time flies!
Attached Thumbnails TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-25web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-26web.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-project-pro-crastination-reconstruction-28web.jpg  
Old 07-17-2011, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

guys,

I got the TBSS LS2 and the PCM is on the drivers side. I am thinking of mounting it up under the front fender in the well. Has anyone else done this?? I usually see everyone mounting it on the pax side.

TC
Old 07-17-2011, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks like they are taking care of all the usual rust spots on those cars. Nice work.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Looks like they are taking care of all the usual rust spots on those cars. Nice work.
Thanks GoFast... YEah, I just wish I started from the dash back...instead I went for the floor, then smoothed the firewall, then OOPS , the dash and cowl are rotted!! Oh well, that's Hot Rodding for you!

TC
Old 07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you save the portion of the cowl that has the last few numbers of the vin stamped into it? It should be above where the heater box used to be. You need to keep that part on the car to make the body match the vin correctly.

Originally Posted by tango68ss
Thanks GoFast... YEah, I just wish I started from the dash back...instead I went for the floor, then smoothed the firewall, then OOPS , the dash and cowl are rotted!! Oh well, that's Hot Rodding for you!

TC
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I understand, really I do.

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Did you save the portion of the cowl that has the last few numbers of the vin stamped into it? It should be above where the heater box used to be. You need to keep that part on the car to make the body match the vin correctly.
That is a handy bit of information to have. Of course if it was eaten by rust there really isn't much he can do about that.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Yes I did. Brian cut it out and cleaned it up for me. He wanted to re-stamp the numbers into the cowl but having the original is good enough for me. I will keep it with my car's papers in the filing cabinet.

TC
Old 07-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Looks like a great project man!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GOrilla
Looks like a great project man!
Thanks! I think so!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Tango, which Headers are you using ? They look nice.

Tony
Old 07-23-2011, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tmcmillan5
Tango, which Headers are you using ? They look nice.

Tony
Tony,

They are DynaTech LSx swap headers http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_camaro_67_69.html

I got them upon looking at Tsnow's (member here) build. I loved the way they looked. In addition, DynaTech was very helpful with assisting me on choosing the DSE motor mounts. They created the headers utilizing the DSE products. If you look in my build link pics, you will see the headers don't hang too low and the motor sits perfect with the DSE mounts.

TC
Old 07-23-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

TC
YIKES..... That looks scary. LOL
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Generally don't like project names, think they're silly, but "Pro-Crastination" is downright awesome!!! Good stuff
Old 07-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Teching In

VEry nice Tango,

Saw all you build pics, That is a lot of work. Im very impressed... WOW! Im also swapping a 07' TBSS eng. & tranny package into my 67 Camaro, still trying to figure out how to swap to a short intake like you did,. Did you use the Drive by Wire throttle body that came with the truck intake? What parts did you have to change in order to make the car intake work with you truck set up? Im stuck and need to be pointed in the right direction. I dont want to purchase a bunch of parts if I can re-use the trailblazer's.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Keep the updates coming!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
YIKES..... That looks scary. LOL
Jimbo,

It was!! It set me back a few months too! Luckily Brian and his crew @ ScreaminPerformance were able to fix it and save the smoothed firewall in the process.

TC
Old 07-23-2011, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by frojoe
Generally don't like project names, think they're silly, but "Pro-Crastination" is downright awesome!!! Good stuff
Thanks FroJoe...me too... but while I was explaining to my wife what I was going to do to the 'vert, attempting to explain Pro-Touring/ Resto Mod, she said, " Why don't you just call it Procrastination, since you've been working on it for 17 yrs!"... I thought it fit!

TC

Quick Reply: TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"