Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer location in lsx fox with AC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer location in lsx fox with AC

Hi guys, I've done a bunch of research on this and so far the majority of lsx swapped fox's all put the computer in the stock location or under the dash on the passenger side, but I can't fit mine in there due to the HVAC box. I also don't really want to put it in the bay as its kind of an eye sore due to being off a chevy van that came from up north. Any ideas on where else is a good place to locate the computer? If I had known this was going to be that difficult in the beginning I would have had the harness made MUCH longer and put the pcm under the passenger seat or move it all the way to the trunk or something like that. Another issue I have is the fuse box that came with my custom harness requires it to be mounted fairly close to where ever I mount the ecm. Sorry if this has been answered but I have already looked through NUMEROUS threads and most just got off track and talked more about the wiring aspect instead of the routing of the wiring and mounting of the ecm. Thanks in advance with any replies.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

i put mine in the stock location with the hvac box in place.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

how in the world did you make it fit in there? Any pics? Also did you have to de-pin and then re-pin the harness to get the plugs through the hole?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

I have a PSI harness and not sure of PCM location as of yet
Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

I cut off the top of the fresh air duct on mine and removed the front part of the blower motor box as well and put the pcm on top of that box.be careful putting the pcm connectors threw the hole in the firewal.the do fit just takes finess and caution. But dont force them I broke my fuel pump enable wire and it took a day to track down. I dont have a pic tho to give you a idea.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:32 AM
On The Tree

I put mine underneath the center console. I switched where the radio and ac controls go and the pcm fits perfectly behind there. Used a 411 pcm and stock truck reworked harness ran through a hole in firewall right beside the clutch cable since mine is auto. There is a module that bolts to the trans tunnel there. I removed the bracket and cut the studs off. Also mounted the obd2 connection port right beside the center console on the drivers side. Looks like factory.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club

hmm sounds like some interesting ideas, last night I pulled the inner fender liner out of the passenger side and am now thinking about mounting the computer in the inner fender and having the main harness wire come back into the bay through the hole where the rear brake lines come through. No sure I want to modify my radio and ac controls all that much, plus I lost a lot of room in there and the center console already doesn't fit as perfect as I'd like since I had to massage the floor there to fit the 4l80 in.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

Anyone else ever mount there ecm in the inner fender before?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

I thought about it but I have the big 98 pcm and it was too big iirc for the location.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted mine under the pass seat. I had it mounted behind the radio. I used the ford bracket and made a few cuts and the ECU fit perfect
Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 AM
On The Tree

not sure i would mount the brain to my car in the inner fenderwell as the only thing protecting it is a piece of molded plastic. maybe you hit something or hit a water puddle or something of the sort. it may work out may not.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 AM
9 Second Club

Car will not be driven in the rain, but I hear you on if I hit something then yeah I'll be replacing a computer. I wish I thought of this stuff before I ordered my harness and I would have had it made extra long and just mounted the pcm under the pass seat.

Quick Reply: computer location in lsx fox with AC