Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Gen Camaro Long Tube Headers to clear T-10 Z-bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2nd Gen Camaro Long Tube Headers to clear T-10 Z-bar

I am trying to locate a quality set of long tube headers to fit my 71 Camaro LS3 with Super T-10 trans. Everything I have seen online indicates will fit LS series engines with six speed or auto transmission. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 52 Rat
I am trying to locate a quality set of long tube headers to fit my 71 Camaro LS3 with Super T-10 trans. Everything I have seen online indicates will fit LS series engines with six speed or auto transmission. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
The new Hooker LS swap headers for this application are designed to provide that same clearance for running a mechanical linkage Quicktime bellhousing T56 set-up; I'm fairly confident they would also provide suitable clearance for your T10. The caveat lies with the fact that you would also need to use the Hooker engine mounts that go with the headers and you would need to modify your Z-bar slightly to get everything working right.

Todd
Old 11-19-2013, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

The new Hooker LS swap headers for this application are designed to provide that same clearance for running a mechanical linkage Quicktime bellhousing T56 set-up; I'm fairly confident they would also provide suitable clearance for your T10. The caveat lies with the fact that you would also need to use the Hooker engine mounts that go with the headers and you would need to modify your Z-bar slightly from its stock configuration to account for LS engines not having a Z-bar ball stud mounting provision and the fact that the Hooker mounting system chassis centers the engine/transmission in the subframe.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info, I will check them out.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking for unmatched quality, with a lifetime warranty, take a look at our 1-7/8" primary 1970-81 F-Body LS swap headers:

1-7/8" CNC mandrel bent primary tubes, CNC Laser cut flanges, 3" OD slip fit collectors with O2 bungs.

Kit includes 1" set-back steel motor-mount adapters for small block motor-mounts, stainless bolt kit & High Temp RTV.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StainlessWorks
If your looking for unmatched quality, with a lifetime warranty, take a look at our 1-7/8" primary 1970-81 F-Body LS swap headers:

1-7/8" CNC mandrel bent primary tubes, CNC Laser cut flanges, 3" OD slip fit collectors with O2 bungs.

Kit includes 1" set-back steel motor-mount adapters for small block motor-mounts, stainless bolt kit & High Temp RTV.
Sweet headers! No way I can swing 1K for headers...
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by StainlessWorks

You guys do make some nice looking pieces and I have a couple of functional/compatibility questions for you that would be helpful to swappers looking at purchasing your headers to know up-front. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the added info.

1.) Do your swap plates work with frame stand type mounts and clamshells or one or the other?
2.) What engine/trans inclication angle was utilized during the prototyping of the headers?
3.) What transmission crossmember was used with your engine plates to obtain/maintain the engine/trans angle during header prototyping?
4.) What transmissions are your headers compatible for installation with while maintaining the same engine/trans/header collector inclination angle and without having to cut or clearance the floor?
5.) How low do your header collectors hang below the subframe when installed on your mounts? Do you have photos?
6.) Do you have 2.5" and 3" exhaust systems that install with your headers. Do you have installed ground clearance photos of your headers/exhaust systems?
7.) What year model of 2nd-gen F-body were your headers prototyped on?

Last edited by Toddoky; 11-20-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Sweet headers! No way I can swing 1K for headers...
Fear not 52rat, the new Hooker headers are available in a multitude of material/finish options to suit varied budgets. You can get the painted mild steel versions for $549 and the ceramic coated for $699 from Summit. For those who want to step up to stainless, that option is also available from Hooker with features such as investment cast flanges and collector spears and one-piece formed merge collectors. You guys just now doing this swap have many more options than what was previously available. Swap away my friend at the price that suits your needs.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Camaro Long Tube Headers to clear T-10 Z-bar