Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop in NC to do LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop in NC to do LS swap

As the title states I am looking for a shop in or around NC to do a swap on a 71 corvette. Any recommendations?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Contact Tick Performance they are a sponsor on here. Do a search for them. Martin is on here all the time and he is very helpful and informative. If they can't do it they might be able to steer you to someone that can.

Good luck.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

They are great guys but I think they are slammed. Ive called several shops and nobody will give me a quote. Im not willing to just drop my car off without some idea of what the total cost will be.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quickta98
They are great guys but I think they are slammed. Ive called several shops and nobody will give me a quote. Im not willing to just drop my car off without some idea of what the total cost will be.
You are correct you must have a estimate so you don't get screwed when you pick up the car. Also you need a time frame for the car to be completed by. I have had cars done where a penalty for late completion was written into the agreement. This is not very common and difficult to get.

Good shops will be busy this time of year. Everyone wants their car ready for spring. You might need to wait a while for that good shop, which might be well worth the wait. I would advise against being impatient and going to a shop that is less qualified.

Depending upon what part of the state you are in you might expand your search area to VA, SC, or TN.

Like I said before contact Martin if they can't do it maybe he will suggest someone who can.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the advice. I am not in a hurry and just want it done right. I know they can do the work. At this point im not sure if I want to do a carb or FI either so I would like an idea of cost on both.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put it in the shop and get your hands dirty. You have the space and tools to do it.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact Jay @ Zeus Performance in Charlotte. if you need the contact info hit me up.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Id only use LS1 Excitement for LS swaps. He did my swap in my 300zx and was the first in the country to do it with a T56 and not cut the firewall. He does swaps into anything. Literally. Toyota 4-runner, any late model car, muscle car, and on and on. Thats his specialty. Tick Performance and LS1 Excitement work together a lot and refer customers to each other if one can't do it. Both great shops to work with.
919-824-3198
Paul Falcon
Old 02-16-2014, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

I agree paul falcon is the man. He knows his stuff. Can't wait till I get my Z28 to him so he can bring it back to me with a iron 6.2 motor.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Hey Quick if you don't mind traveling a little I have a small shop That I do that kind of work in. I'm in Winchester VA. Here is a pic of our work. It's a termi swapped notch that has been restored. More of a restomod really. I have a Lq9 3rd gen in my shop now that I am making a new trans crossmember and a y pipe for a guy.

Complete restomod type build on a 56 Bell Air

Same car, it needed the entire floor replaced.

Quick Reply: Shop in NC to do LS swap