www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 01-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may need one of those for Mama Donna's Nova.. Can you build me one?
Old 01-09-2017, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy Bill
I may need one of those for Mama Donna's Nova.. Can you build me one?
For you and Mama Donna ABSOLUTELY! Just send me a CAD/cardboard model and we can do it. By the way....I ordered some silicone rubber to make that seal with. SUPPOSEDLY just form, cook, and voila' a rubber seal is created! You may want to delay your order pending this experiment
Old 01-10-2017, 08:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dang boy, now you are just showing off....

Nice work and a great idea to get the wiring routed and some what hidden. I started my new year by rolling my old C10 back in the shop. I guess I need to start a thread here too.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:22 AM
Teching In

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

HarpMan,

you detail and patience is outstanding, I applaud your work.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

WOW. Love where this is going. Very cleaver
Old 01-17-2017, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well its been another week, got anything else done?

I started on my C10...
Old 01-18-2017, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by aggie91
Well its been another week, got anything else done?

I started on my C10...
Yeah a little bit. I had to figure out how to mold a custom one off rubber grommet for the wiring pass through. Man this build is taking all my skills and teaching me new stuff too! It actually turned out nice and I will post some pics soon as the info may help other people make a rubber piece for their project. I recently stopped using Photobucket due to IT issues and started using imgur.com. So far it seems to be better, but I don't have my password and pictures with me today. Over the past weekend I worked on a subfloor for the passenger side of the car. Planning on mounting 2 computers and the fuse block under Melisa's seat and hiding the harnesses under the floor. Wish my ol' beater had as much room as your truck LOL! More soon....
Old 01-19-2017, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Default 1937 Ford Sedan

I'm hesitant to post such a small item, BUT it may help someone so here goes. I was faced with creating a rubber grommet that didn't exist. Did a little internet surfing and found a product made by Rowe Industries called Versimold. It is a silicon rubber that you can form and it cures when heat is applied. I used a piece of copper the same size as my wiring harness to form the ID. Then I used the parts themselves to create the mold. I cooked it in my shop oven for 20 minutes and PRESTO ! I will do the final assembly with a thin layer of silicone and it should seal just fine in the firewall.

1937 Ford Sedan-nksubex.jpg

1937 Ford Sedan-xiq1l1o.jpg
Old 01-19-2017, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

That's pretty cool! Looks like it will work out real nice. Only problem I see is I cant seem to find an oven in my shop, guess I could use the one in the house though....
Old 01-19-2017, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
That's pretty cool! Looks like it will work out real nice. Only problem I see is I cant seem to find an oven in my shop, guess I could use the one in the house though....
The directions say a heat gun will also work for the cure. An oven in a shop can be very handy at times if you have the room (and I barely do have the room for it). The reason I got mine is that my son used to race go karts and we used the oven to cook, treat, and size tires ALL the time. Ovens are usually cheap or free on Craigslist. When people remodel they want everything in the kitchen to match or upgrade everything and want someone to haul off the old stuff and that's how I got mine. Can also be used for bearing installs to grow something a little or even cook some paint on a part.

ps - the grommet didn't create much smell ..........SOOOO........ if you cook in the house proceed with caution when she isn't around
Old 01-19-2017, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Kharp
The directions say a heat gun will also work for the cure. An oven in a shop can be very handy at times if you have the room (and I barely do have the room for it). The reason I got mine is that my son used to race go karts and we used the oven to cook, treat, and size tires ALL the time. Ovens are usually cheap or free on Craigslist. When people remodel they want everything in the kitchen to match or upgrade everything and want someone to haul off the old stuff and that's how I got mine. Can also be used for bearing installs to grow something a little or even cook some paint on a part.

ps - the grommet didn't create much smell ..........SOOOO........ if you cook in the house proceed with caution when she isn't around
Lol, bingo. If she's not around then it never happened.

May want consider that you may be eating the residue next time that she bakes something though.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Any updates?
Old 03-31-2017, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Default 1937 Ford Sedan

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Any updates?
Hello Eric:
I have some updates but not nearly as many as you have lately! Cool first time start video by the way.... I hope I can remember to video mine. My work schedule has been a little rough here lately, but I have managed to get some things done in my small windows. As you know from your street rod its all about creating space. I've been trying to make some room for the wiring harness which will come in the firewall and run down the floor toward the passenger seat. The main computer, trans computer and fuse block will be under the wife's seat. SO here is the entire floor cut out.
1937 Ford Sedan-yc6f4gi.jpg

Beginning of the structure for a subfloor
1937 Ford Sedan-wzjl4gk.jpg

Where the harnesses and other wiring will go back and forth
1937 Ford Sedan-scccplj.jpg

More structure and the wiring pass through piece welded in the firewall
1937 Ford Sedan-1mz7mu7.jpg

Covers with dzus fasteners (had to have some racecar stuff somewhere ) The flat bar stock beside the trans will serve as a structure for a removable tunnel.
1937 Ford Sedan-qulttfx.jpg

All that is roughed in but the tunnel is not done yet because I needed to see about mounting the gas and brake pedals. Here is the current issue. I mounted the gas where it feels right and the brake pedal is right beside the gas pedal. Cant really go any farther to the right for the gas pedal. Solution will be figured out and posted soon hopefully.
1937 Ford Sedan-i7yfacw.jpg
Old 04-01-2017, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Looking good Keith! I wasn't accusing you of sleeping on the job or anything. Lol

As for the brake pedal/gas pedal conflict, can you bend the brake pedal over to the left any? If the gas pedal is at a comfortable location, I wouldn't move it if it were mine, since you will be using it a lot more than the brake. I would see if the brake pedal could be bent over to make some room, just make sure the pedal travel bottoms out before the bend area hits the opening in the floor, then weld a 90* on the end of the pedal to bolt the pad to it. Just a thought, but I'm sure you've probably already thought of that!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default 37 build

Had about the same problem while building my '39 Chevy. Adding to the problem is the steering column. Get things positions far enough apart and find out your toe rubs the column when pushing the brakes. Again, I'm sure you have factored the column in but it seems all systems require the SAME space. Quality build, sets the bar where a safe and durable build should be.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 33willys
Adding to the problem is the steering column. Get things positions far enough apart and find out your toe rubs the column when pushing the brakes. Again, I'm sure you have factored the column in but it seems all systems require the SAME space.
This is the exact reason I cut my column down to around 2ft in length, so I could keep it from going through the floor at your feet. I had a '34 pick up that was that way and hated having to two foot drive it.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Excellent work! I love your innovation.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

Like I said earlier............The boy has Skilz !!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2017, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Default 1937 Ford Sedan

Thanks for all the feedback. Eric I must confess I have been behind on posting and did have something in the works on the brake pedal, but I didn't finish it until just a few minutes ago - no kidding just now! We were thinking just alike it just HAD to go to the left. And by the way I had to put the motor in AGAIN to make sure the arm would clear, and sure enough it didn't have enough CLARENCE ! I'm referring to one of your previous posts about stabbing the motor over and over. Trust me I can relate! Anyway I realize the steering column will be a challenge later, but I'm thinking I can make a shorty work and possibly use the steering offset piece, but I haven't even mocked any of that up yet. More on that later. My factory brake pedal didn't exactly match the late model gas pedal.
Attachment 720050

I did some research early on and found that my drive by wire pedal was used in some Caddilac CTS cars, so I found a junkyard brake assembly on Ebay for $20 so I would have the piece the pad wraps around and wouldn't have to make it. I also bought a brand new pad from Bigg Daddy Caddy (that name makes me grin ).. It matches much better!
Attachment 720051

Some of that high powered CAD (cardboard aided drawing) for my pattern for a 2" offset in some 3/8" plate. Here's the rough cut.
1937 Ford Sedan-e0nltgw.jpg

Fab director came up with this handy fixture for assembly and welding.
1937 Ford Sedan-66e0yra.jpg

New piece and original piece put together in fixture to be welded by a real welder (not me).
1937 Ford Sedan-23kzvdk.jpg

Used part of the fixture to swing it on the pin and work it into the belt sander. Made a perfect radius so my bushing/boot in the firewall will be pretty small.
1937 Ford Sedan-2rbghwv.jpg

And here is how it came out. I haven't attached the pedal permanently yet because there is a slight amount of slack in the top of the pedal, so that is why it has a c clamp. I'm not sure when the master cylinder is put on and the system has pressure where the actual top of the pedal will be so I left it unfinished for right now.
1937 Ford Sedan-e98uhqe.jpg

From the drivers seat.
1937 Ford Sedan-tmguyxj.jpg

Quick Reply: 1937 Ford Sedan