Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory push lock braided line for swaps?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Factory push lock braided line for swaps?

Has anyone come across a factory braided fuel line that has the 3/8 push lock fittings on both endis (FxF or FxM) that's approx 4'-0" long? I need to go from the Vette filter/regulator to my ls3 fuel rail fitting. I don't want to use rubber injection hose or cobble something together and was hoping someone found something similar in their junkyard explorations.

Thanks!

S.F.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Originally Posted by StolenFox
Has anyone come across a factory braided fuel line that has the 3/8 push lock fittings on both endis (FxF or FxM) that's approx 4'-0" long? I need to go from the Vette filter/regulator to my ls3 fuel rail fitting. I don't want to use rubber injection hose or cobble something together and was hoping someone found something similar in their junkyard explorations.

Thanks!

S.F.
Where is your Corvette filter/regulator mounted? It should be in the rear of the vehicle, with a short return and a long run to the rail.

Andrew
Old 07-11-2016, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Where is your Corvette filter/regulator mounted? It should be in the rear of the vehicle, with a short return and a long run to the rail.

Andrew
On the E39 BMW there is a fuel combination valve located on the drivers "frame rail" sitting about 2' back from the front tire. Every E39 swap I've seen deletes this valve and puts the C5 regulator in its place. Several have been running this way for many years without issue. I'll add some pics this evening when I get home.

S.F.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Default Pics

Stock E39 regulator combination valve.

C5 regulator in place.

Another angle.

S.F.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

You need to swap out that pressurized side with a short piece of braided line and AN fittings like you have on the other side. You can use the same push on fittings that everyone uses at the fuel rail on the Corvette regulator, and likely on the hard line too. Then just make a short piece of braided line with AN ends and connect it all. The return side can be regular, non-braided fuel line and you can use hose clamps.

Those hose clamps on the pressure side are going to eventually start spraying fuel everywhere.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by superdave84
You need to swap out that pressurized side with a short piece of braided line and AN fittings like you have on the other side. You can use the same push on fittings that everyone uses at the fuel rail on the Corvette regulator, and likely on the hard line too. Then just make a short piece of braided line with AN ends and connect it all. The return side can be regular, non-braided fuel line and you can use hose clamps.

Those hose clamps on the pressure side are going to eventually start spraying fuel everywhere.
Those pics are snagged from other folks build threads on various BMW boards. I haven't actually built mine yet.

S.F.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

What Dave said...

I made a video a while back on hot to mate hard line properly with AN style fittings and hose.

Andrew
Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Fuel line

I used OEM style nylon fuel line but had to use aftermarket fittings in several places and factory on the pump. There is a GM style to AN-6 fitting for the discharge side of the filter/regulator. Here are several of mine, added lockwire to make me feel better on the non OEM fittings.
Attached Thumbnails Factory push lock braided line for swaps?-filter-lock-wire-001.jpg   Factory push lock braided line for swaps?-filter-lock-wire-002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Factory push lock braided line for swaps?