Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 6.0l 4l80e into 95 Silverado Conversion Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 6.0l 4l80e into 95 Silverado Conversion Questions

I posted at ls1truck but haven't received any feedback.

I have been researching for a couple years and am moving forward with the project as my transmission went out in the truck.

My current plan...please critique or fill in voids...

TransDapt Engine plates

EXHAUST:
Use 2003 exhaust manifolds...... where can I get some flanges that bolt up?
02 sensors how many and location? in Y pipe or near cat(s)

TRANSMISSION:
Use 4l80e yoke on my current driveshaft
Hook up vehicle speed sensor

FUEL SYSTEM:
Inline 255 Walbro
2000 Corvette regulated fuel filter

TBW:
The Engine is equiped with it and I believe I have the control Module but need an 03 newer pedal setup.

COOLING:
Check 95 hose to see if they fit. If not head to the local store to find somehting that'll work
Will need Electric fans to cool the radiator Factory F body or Truck?
Air Conditioning. Fab 95 bracket or make a bracket to mount 95 compressor on..have heard 92 camaro may work with some changes.

WIRING:
Sort through harness Looking for 2003 HD2500 and 1995 C1500 diagrams....any idea? Alldata?

Gauges:
try to adapt 95 sensors to lsmotor
Tach ?
Temp...in head hole
Oil Pressure? Where is a good location to tap in?
Odometer/speedometer?

ENGINE MANAGEMENT:
Will need to mod factory ... at minimum tire size/rear gear but looking into HpTuners and EFILive
Attached Thumbnails 2003 6.0l 4l80e into 95 Silverado Conversion Questions-truck53.jpg  
Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know somebody's already posted this link but here it is http://www.hotrodlane.cc/PDFFILES/Lisa%20Tahoe.pdf
I have a 96 tahoe and I'm thinking of the same thing.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 5150mechanic
I know somebody's already posted this link but here it is http://www.hotrodlane.cc/PDFFILES/Lisa%20Tahoe.pdf
I have a 96 tahoe and I'm thinking of the same thing.
I emailed them a couple weeks ago and received a response today. Hopefully S&P will fill in the voids/parts for me to help me along. I ordered other parts and hope to have them the end of next week.

I'm stilling looking for wiring diagrams for a 03 and 95 Trucks
Old 06-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Launching!

I just did this swap on my 1990 tbi engine.

I went with a custom wire harness to make things simpler. I used 1999 water hoses and they worked great.

There is someone here that made thier own ac bracket along and used a 1995 corvette compressor. Others just fork over for the s& p set up. So far I have done neither since I always take my doors off when it gets warm enough.

I had to get some cutting and bending to get exchast to fit. just massaging the y pipe is all. You only need to use the o2 sensors that are in front to the cats. most people elimiante the back to o2 sensors and pull all the emissions stuff from the computer when they reprogram it.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kirtondog23
I just did this swap on my 1990 tbi engine.

I went with a custom wire harness to make things simpler. I used 1999 water hoses and they worked great.

There is someone here that made thier own ac bracket along and used a 1995 corvette compressor. Others just fork over for the s& p set up. So far I have done neither since I always take my doors off when it gets warm enough.

I had to get some cutting and bending to get exchast to fit. just massaging the y pipe is all. You only need to use the o2 sensors that are in front to the cats. most people elimiante the back to o2 sensors and pull all the emissions stuff from the computer when they reprogram it.

Hope that helps.

Appreciate the response..esp form a fellow TBI - LS1 conversion

I need to find a Y pipe or at least find some flanges I can build from. I'm also missing ALL the 02 Sensors as they didn't pull them with the engine/trans
Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Launching!

You just want the o2 sensors that go immediately behind the exhaust manifolds. You have to program your computer anyway so you might as well not deal with two more sensors. you also will not need more cats that your truck originally came with unless you want to pass something newer than 1995 emissions. I just massaged the y pipe down to my existing cat and used the two o2 sensors.

It sounds like you have most things covered. You will be pleased with the results. I am!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.hpsalvage.com
Old 01-07-2013, 02:31 AM

Howdy, new to the site, doing an LQ4 into a 1990's SWB step side 4x4 but thinking on tossing the 4x4 and dropping
The truck, has anyone came across a good thread on such a swap?

Thanks all!
Wayde from Canada
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Do a search for Jeff at Lextech on the LS1 truck site and PM him,he has a handy PDF that shows the quick and easy way to mod your 95 harness for the LQ4 and 411 PCM,and has a conversion bracket for the AC/alternator change over.You may want to consider using a DBC TB and intake instead will make things a bit easier to swap,you should be able to use the stock fuel pump if you do.On my 98 I modded the newer Y-pipe to work with my old dual exhaust,eliminated the cats and rear 02 sensors,NBS rad hoses work fine with the old rad,as did my oil cooler lines.I also went with dirty dingo plates,just needed a bit of grinding on the old style motor mounts to make them work.The 95 trucks are a bit more work to swap than the 97-98's,but still likely one of the simplest to do.

Quick Reply: 2003 6.0l 4l80e into 95 Silverado Conversion Questions