Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay swap harness????

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay swap harness????

Anybody bought one of the LS1 swap harness' on ebay? The guy removes all the unwanted stuff and removes the VATS and sells them for around $450.....
Sellers name is chevy_tpi. Is this an unreasonable price?

Can you use an unmodified harness and just get the ECM flashed?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is he selling the pcm and harness for $450?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCheap
Anybody bought one of the LS1 swap harness' on ebay? The guy removes all the unwanted stuff and removes the VATS and sells them for around $450.....
Sellers name is chevy_tpi. Is this an unreasonable price?

Can you use an unmodified harness and just get the ECM flashed?

Thanks
Seems like excellent value with the PCM included. While using an unmodified harness is possible, some of these have double the stuff in them that you need and lengths are variable, so good luck with trying to make them neat and tidy under the hood.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wink

Originally Posted by rsz288
Seems like a pretty low price with the PCM included.
Fixed.

IMO, "value" is largely dependent upon whether it's worth what you paid for it, once it's in your hands. I think that it's undeniable that it's a low price - but, until someone here bites the bullet & buys one, no-one will know whether or not it's a good value... (And I apologize if I'm being a bit pedantic with that...)

Speaking only for myself, if I were to pay for an aftermarket harness for my swap (and I wish to God I could afford to!!), I'd get a Speartech harness - no questions about that one...

(Just my 2c...)
Old 05-18-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Rumble
Fixed.

IMO, "value" is largely dependent upon whether it's worth what you paid for it, once it's in your hands. I think that it's undeniable that it's a low price - but, until someone here bites the bullet & buys one, no-one will know whether or not it's a good value... (And I apologize if I'm being a bit pedantic with that...)

Speaking only for myself, if I were to pay for an aftermarket harness for my swap (and I wish to God I could afford to!!), I'd get a Speartech harness - no questions about that one...

(Just my 2c...)
Good points....ultimate quality when in one's hands is the right measure...I also should have added that I dont know how that harness and PCM can be done for that price...

Speartech....
Old 05-18-2008, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Ya thats for the modified harness WITH pcm. I thought the price sounded good just didnt know if anybody has actually bought one from him.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Teching In

So the main problem with using a stock wiring harness would be... having enough length to mount pcm where you want and making it look good..? But it would work just to get somethin going by getting the pcm flashed?

Also will a f-body harness work on an LQ4 6.0? Some body told me the injector clips were different

Thanks for the input guys, ill have to check out speartech

trying to decide between carb and efi
Old 05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Getting the right harness is important. I had my harness made, and I installed it and things just were not working right. I checked the PCM, and lots of engine and tranny stuff and at the end of the day several items on harness were not right and I pulled it and had Speartech rework it.

The truck has run like a champ ever since.

Cheaper is often not better.

Quick Reply: Ebay swap harness????