Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 Fox Swap Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 Fox Swap Questions

I will be starting this project soon, just tryin to collect all the parts first and get a little help. Ive been following all the swap threads on this board which has helped out alot but still have a few questions. Heres what i have so far!

Parts list
complete ls1 with all accesories
t-56 with all hardware clutch/flywheel, shifter and bell housing
pedals out of 87 t-bird with all the hydraulics and parts needed
radiator and fans
starter

Im going to order an aje ls1 swap k member with mounts
No harness or computer yet. on list to get.

My question is mainly where to connect the power source for the computer and how to connect the fuel pump? currently i have a 255 intank with an after market fuel hat that has a 6an line already coming off of it which i can run to a c5 filter. i want to be able to retain the intank set up.

Are any modifications needed to the pedal assembly or is it a direct bolt in? i believe i need to get an f body master and change one of the fittings, is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

current performance makes a standalone harness look into that. Also be sure to add another 1500 to stuff you wouldnt think of if ur trying to do it on somewhat of a budget
Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Crowder
current performance makes a standalone harness look into that. Also be sure to add another 1500 to stuff you wouldnt think of if ur trying to do it on somewhat of a budget
Ive already planned on spending more money as these things never go as planned. Does that standalone harness plug in to the ford fuel pump relay, or does it run straight to the top of the tank?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

there should be a relay already built into the harness. i believe this is there website

http://www.currentperformance.com
Old 08-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Crowder
there should be a relay already built into the harness. i believe this is there website

http://www.currentperformance.com
i was just on their site but did not see an anything that relates to a mustang, so what harness would i get. So if they already have a built in relay for the fuel pump, does that mean i just run the wires to the tank and splice into the current plug on the fuel hat? My car is already wired for the mini starter that came on the 93's, can i use the 2 existing wires for the ls1 starter?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

honestly i have no idea i just recieved my reworked harness and ive yet to look at it. I know its enough wiring to start the car. My car is still stripped and just now got primed so ive got a ways to go before i answer alot of questions
Old 08-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by twins
i was just on their site but did not see an anything that relates to a mustang, so what harness would i get. So if they already have a built in relay for the fuel pump, does that mean i just run the wires to the tank and splice into the current plug on the fuel hat? My car is already wired for the mini starter that came on the 93's, can i use the 2 existing wires for the ls1 starter?
I would look into their standalone engine wiring harness...
Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 PM

my chassis harness remains correct? i dont have to touch that, i believe the starter wires run to the starter selinoid. Do i have to modify my chassis harness other then the gauges?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by twins
my chassis harness remains correct? i dont have to touch that, i believe the starter wires run to the starter selinoid. Do i have to modify my chassis harness other then the gauges?
You shouldnt have to
Old 08-22-2008, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

I think the lights and gauges are a seperate harness than the efi harness in the mustang. I bought the current performance harness and it is a nice piece. Comes with relays in a box that mounts in the engine bay.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have my whole car for sale rolling just put your motor and trans in and go pm me if interested
Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have been down this road....lol

Yes, the body harness is separate . You will not have to mess with it.I have a F-body harness modified by Speartech. All I had to do to get the car running was hook up a hot, ground ,switched and the fuel pump relay that he adds in. It's really a nice setup.He pulls all of the wires out that are needed. Fans, fuel pump (with relay),gauges....ect.

As far as the clutch master goes, you will need to shorten the push rod and get the russell fittings. I think I listed the part # in my build up in my sig. If not I can round it up for you. Also, instead of using the factory hyd. line, I used a -3an braided brake line from Russell. I pulled the quick disconnect out of the slave cyl. and used the same fitting that goes into the master cyl.

Quick Reply: Ls1 Fox Swap Questions