facebook **DOT** com/groups/4th.gen.fbody.convertibles
Old 07-04-2023, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

The group is slowly growing! Come join the group
Old 07-05-2023, 03:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

No Facebook here. Not happening. This is all the social media I need.
The following 2 users liked this post by NC01TA:
LSX Thunder (08-27-2023), Nathan C (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NC01TA
No Facebook here. Not happening. This is all the social media I need.

This place is dying. There's quicker, more, consistent help, in the FB FBody groups. I'd bet that 98% of the members, here, are there. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a reliable secondary source; especially if it's more active than your primary source, lol...

Listen, I HATE FB, hell, other than My Space, FB has been the only SM I've had... no Tweety Bird, no IG, no Tick Tock, nothing, so I'm with ya, but at this point, FB is a necessary annoyance
Old 07-06-2023, 05:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

^^^ I understand about this 'Convertibles' section being ultra slow but it has been for many years. I think it is slow because there are not that many 'vert owners left. GM built so few to start with. With them being 20+ years old already I imagine half have hit the junkyard by now. That doesn't leave many. Just hundreds scattered about for each model year.
Perhaps Facebook has more users but I do wonder how many are really owners and what kind of info are they feeding everyone. I don't think FB has moderators that can verify things. I know the mods here are very serious car folks with unreal knowledge. That's enough for me. Plus the regulars too.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NC01TA
^^^ I understand about this 'Convertibles' section being ultra slow but it has been for many years. I think it is slow because there are not that many 'vert owners left. GM built so few to start with. With them being 20+ years old already I imagine half have hit the junkyard by now. That doesn't leave many. Just hundreds scattered about for each model year.
Perhaps Facebook has more users but I do wonder how many are really owners and what kind of info are they feeding everyone. I don't think FB has moderators that can verify things. I know the mods here are very serious car folks with unreal knowledge. That's enough for me. Plus the regulars too.
I own the group and I personally check each request before I accept. I also have a Florida specific 4th Gen group, had it for years, with over 1000 member and I have never had one spam post, in that group. I am very diligent when it comes to my groups, but I get what you're saying.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (07-07-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Added the group!
The following users liked this post:
RONIN LSX (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
Added the group!

Cool Deal

It's brand new, but growing.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:19 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
This place is dying. There's quicker, more, consistent help, in the FB FBody groups. I'd bet that 98% of the members, here, are there. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a reliable secondary source; especially if it's more active than your primary source, lol...
You have an excellent observation there. About this place, of Fakebook I know nothing and wish to know less. Twenty-two years ago, this site was the tech-oriented alternative to all others and full of valuable insights. Then I left for most of the last 22 years. Very different experience today compared to then. A lot less traffic, members and originality. I started yet another 4th gen project (hard to find original insight) a 2002, and I hoped to find very different insights. Mostly, not. I try to bring insights gleaned from my other cars like the 2014 Z/28 and get comments "It's not even a 4th gen." Even worse ones about my various Holden cars (" Nothing to do with our cars".) and even though the 94 Impala and 96 Caprice have so many similarities in front suspension to the later F bodies (77+ up B body front sway from a 3rd gen was common) when I reference such things?
You guessed it. Silence or contempt.
What happened to this place?

Quick Reply: New Vert specific FB group