C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

TechCo 3L TwinScrew

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:07 PM
AVB
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TECHCO 3.0 Twin Screw

For those interested in an upcoming twin screw for their project. This is not your ordinary topmount blower, this one has an objective to fit under the stock hood of a C5/C6!!!!!!!

Applications

Dodge/Chrysler: All 5.7L/6.1L Challenger/Charger/Magnum/300C
Ford: 4.6L 3V Mustang
GM: C5/C6 Corvette

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The TECHCO Reverse‐Revolution Twin Screw SuperchargerTM is TECHCO’s flagship new product, will
completely revolutionize supercharger design. “Our Design of the (TECHCO) Twin Screw Supercharger,
is not merely further innovation in supercharging, but is truly a revolutionary advancement on
Supercharger Design and application. We’ve taken all of our expertise in supercharger design and
created a new product that provides superior power and performance on all levels.” Says John Spruill,
Vice President of Engineering for TECHCO. “We designed innovation into every aspect of the new
(TECHCO) Supercharger, from the Patent Pending new A‐Frame (Dual) Intercooler configuration with
Extruded Aluminum 6061‐T6 Housing, to the all new 3.0L Reverse Rotation Screws with 6061‐T6 Rotor
Housing with fully integrated Bypass System, and Long, High Flow Runners. It’s like nothing else on the
market today.” Says Billy Tally, Chief Technical Officer for TECHCO.

Nuts and Bolts of The TECHCO Reverse‐Revolution Twin Screw SuperchargerTM

What makes the TECHCO Reverse‐Revolution Twin Screw Supercharger so revolutionary is the unique
design (Patent Pending), which optimizes airflow efficiency throughout. Incoming air is fed into the
front of the supercharger, not the back like conventional designs. This ensures that the incoming air has
minimal turns, eliminating restrictions, before entering into the supercharger housing. Additionally,
without the need for a complex inlet tube, the largest possible orifice size is maintained, maximizing air
flow efficiencies. The air then flows into the lobes of the Reverse‐Revolution asymmetric multi‐lobe
compressor screws, where it is compressed, not merely moved, as in other forms of supercharging. The
compressed air then flows into the intercooler housing which houses (2) intercoolers mounted in an A‐
Frame configuration to ensure the airflow is evenly distributed to each runner bank. The Patent Pending
Twin Intercooler design results in higher cooling capacity and greater thermal efficiencies as the cooling
water only has to pass through the intercoolers once, keeping the charge air cool. A further benefit of
the front Inlet Design is the additional package space above the supercharger that is used for long high
flow Intake Runners, which increases low end torque.

The resulting design of The TECHCO Reverse‐Revolution Twin Screw Supercharger allows air to move
through the supercharger quickly and efficiently, without significant heat buildup, and at the highest
resulting airflow volume at low boost output. The performance result is maximized horsepower and
torque output.

Key Features of The TECHCO Reverse‐Revolution Twin Screw SuperchargerTM:

• Reverse‐Revolution Twin Screw Compressor with Asymmetric Multi‐Lobe Screws
• 3.0L / 180 cu. in. Displacement
• Front Induction with Integrated Bypass
• 10 Inch Long Intake Runners
• Dual Stage Intercooler System with Single‐Pass Coolant Flow through the A‐Frame (2) Intercoolers,
Large Capacity Heat Exchanger, High Volume Intercooler Pump and Recovery Tank
• Open Element Cold Air Kit with High‐Flow Air Filter, CNC Venturi and High Flow Inlet Tube
• Extruded Aluminum Fuel Rails with upgraded fuel injectors where applicable
• Separate 8‐Rib FEAD (Front End Accessory Drive) with Dampener
• Ultra‐Light Weight Aluminum Construction
• Flash Programmer
• Instruction Manual

Last edited by AVB; 11-23-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

any idea on what numbers it will put down on stock c5/c6's?

looks more like an intake manifold then a blower at first glance.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice...I'd be very interested in this.

Of course, I'd like to get some performance figures before I move forward.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Has it been put on a c5 or c6 yet?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
AVB
Launching!

Originally Posted by dixonk
Has it been put on a c5 or c6 yet?
The unit is scheduled to be available around February or March of 09. If it makes those dates, it would be great but I am expecting a little later to be more realistic. So to answer your question, no it hasn't, not yet.

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
any idea on what numbers it will put down on stock c5/c6's?
looks more like an intake manifold then a blower at first glance.
As for power this is a 3 liter unit and it's potential should be greater than what we've already seen in twin screws and eatons with smaller displacement. On 5.7 liters, the expected gain is 140hp w/ no other mods other than tuning. Based on the size of this unit (3liters) , it will be happier with more cubes and more supporting mods.

I agree it looks clean

Last edited by AVB; 11-23-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a good looking piece and damn near looks OEM. I will be interested to see how it does next year.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. I can't believe they deleted the thread over at CF.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did they really??? Wonder why?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

found some more info on this supercharger. Sounds promising. Wonder about price and would like to see a picture of this under a c5 vette hood. Plus wondering about the power this thing puts out and the capacity of how much it can make.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...r-ar64417.html
Old 11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
AVB
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
Same here. I can't believe they deleted the thread over at CF.
Makes me wanna

Nothing surprises me over there. Bringing up and discussing new setups is good for the community and have been done numerous times before, only thing different now are certain vendors who really, really loud. And they do that alot!

Who knows what will happen with this but if it's happening, we consumers deserve to know about it.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AVB
Makes me wanna

Nothing surprises me over there. Bringing up and discussing new setups is good for the community and have been done numerous times before, only thing different now are certain vendors who really, really loud. And they do that alot!

Who knows what will happen with this but if it's happening, we consumers deserve to know about it.
true, the vette forum is pretty bad with a lot of things.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:30 PM
AVB
Launching!

Originally Posted by scramblerman
true, the vette forum is pretty bad with a lot of things.
There are others that could be coming out which if brought up, no one would care about, i.e., DRE and I-Charger. If you ask me the one thing that deleting that thread said loud and clear... the company is legitimate and the product is for real.

btw... if you think there's no way they can get something in the valley of our motors, check this out...

Looking at this there could certainly be enough room on top for an intercooler under a stock hood.

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Wonder about price
Currently the price for a C5/C6 is the same price as they're doing for the other applications

Last edited by AVB; 11-23-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

I am just wondering about in the intercooler right above the blower like that and also the packaging with the LSX. Don't think it is going to be as low as everybody thinks.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am just wondering about in the intercooler right above the blower like that and also the packaging with the LSX. Don't think it is going to be as low as everybody thinks.
have to see a picture of one on a vette. My fast 90 intake barely fits under the cowl.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Well my Kenne Bell goes around the cowl but one of the goals of this new setup is to stay under the stock hood. I am not seeing it with the way the motor being a close angle V and also how high it sits but you never know.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
AVB
Launching!

Well my Kenne Bell goes around the cowl but one of the goals of this new setup is to stay under the stock hood. I am not seeing it with the way the motor being a close angle V and also how high it sits but you never know.
Honestly... I can't see how they can do it either. I have asked a number of times whether this is really what they want to do and as of a week ago, it still is and they don't see a problem with it. I was told in december (probably end of) is when they would have a better idea how doable it really is and know for sure.

The one thing that gives it a good chance is that they got really, really close to fitting the ZR1 under an LS6 hood.

Last edited by AVB; 11-24-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

But the ZR1 is a 2.3 unit. My 2.8 is so much physically larger than even a 2.6L unit. You wouldn't think so but it is.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 AM
AVB
Launching!

But the ZR1 is a 2.3 unit. My 2.8 is so much physically larger than even a 2.6L unit. You wouldn't think so but it is.
Good point. I agree it's hard to see how their going to be able to make it fit but hope for the folks that still have stock hoods , they do. At one point I seriously considered the KB and if I weren't already on my 3rd hood, I may have. At this point though, I really like the way my current hood looks so there just ain't no way I'm getting a fourth!

Last edited by AVB; 11-25-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting. I may have to throw some larger combustion chambers on my 403 if this thing proves out well.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:17 AM

This is a really nice looking supercharger.

Seriously I wonder if they will really be able to make it fit under a stock hood though?

Quick Reply: TechCo 3L TwinScrew