Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Just got back from Vengeance Racing RPS / Pfadt

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got back from Vengeance Racing RPS / Pfadt

Well boys, my exedy twin gave up on me at Milan on 9/9/09. After seeing what it looked like I'll never know how I made it to Vengeance Racing. The clutch was slipping all the way, but held on to let me get there safely. Anyways Charlie @ Vengeance did all my work again, and I am now rolling around with a new RPS street twin lite, and Pfadt coilovers and the rest of the goodies as well. All I can say is that after everything was said and done I left the shop with a smile on my face and a bunch of good experiences. Most importantly, all the NEW issues I was having with my car were fixed, and some preventative maintenance was done as well. Also good thinking Charlie on adding the remote clutch bleeder. I appreciate you looking out for my interests. I wanted to add that but forgot. Glad you thought about it.

To Mike C, Ron, Charlie, Mike B, and Buddy thanks for a memorable visit to Vengeance Racing, again. I'll be back for round 3 when the time is right. Ron you know what I'm talking about, shhhhh.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome man. Good for you. Looking forward to seeing some videos of that BEOTCH.

Look into GO PRO CAMERA's(maybe www.gopro.com...) and have at it. I bought mine a while back,..cars been down so I haven't really used mine but, I did once, and it worked great. Plus, keeps the weight down from a 200lb passenger.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why the heck didnt you throw it back on the dyno while you were there...so you could see if the lighter clutch got you any hp/tq
hows that RPS clutch feel? when you gettin back to the track?
Old 09-26-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
why the heck didnt you throw it back on the dyno while you were there...so you could see if the lighter clutch got you any hp/tq
hows that RPS clutch feel? when you gettin back to the track?
We did throw it back on the dyno, and even though it was heat soaked after putting a bunch of break in miles on the clutch in town she nearly matched the power I made in June under much better conditions. It was mid 80s, 48% humidity and she made 539.xx and 502.xx rwhp/rwtq. With all things considered, she probably would've made a couple more with the new clutch had she sat overnight and then been pulled first thing in the morning. No biggie though, she drives perfect. As far as the RPS goes, it was tough at first. Engaged at what felt like 1 cm off the floor. With that being said she's come up a few inches and now feels like stock.

I hope to get to the track the first TNT that has 50's in the forecast. It will be this month or next for sure. TNT is even scheduled the first week of November if the weather is cooperative. Wish me luck.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hi Doug

Good to hear your rolling again...

Good luck to you, i´ll be waiting here in ICELAND for news of your next visit at the track.....

kv Baering
Old 09-26-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Good deal...now just wish in the cold air !!

Pitt
Old 09-26-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome to hear about the clutch and coilovers. How do you like the coilovers vs the spring? Is it a harder ride, better feed back????
That is one thing I would like to get, when I do get a C6Z.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Amazing feed back. When you turn the wheel the car responds instantly. Bumps are not too bad. No more noticeable then when my FRC had the z51 pkg on. Holds curves at much higher speeds and stays FLAT !!! Going to work now and if traffic permits I am going to push her a little faster then yesterday.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Amazing feed back. When you turn the wheel the car responds instantly. Bumps are not too bad. No more noticeable then when my FRC had the z51 pkg on. Holds curves at much higher speeds and stays FLAT !!! Going to work now and if traffic permits I am going to push her a little faster then yesterday.
thats awesome! Thanks, looks like I will have to save some money.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was able to push the car even faster thru the curves on the way to work. I wonder how fast I can go before I exceed available traction ?? It just amazes me how different the car feels. Stays flat, ZERO body roll. After a few more miles on the clutch, I am going to go for my first WOT run, I'll let you know how she feels on the big end.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I was able to push the car even faster thru the curves on the way to work. I wonder how fast I can go before I exceed available traction ?? It just amazes me how different the car feels. Stays flat, ZERO body roll. After a few more miles on the clutch, I am going to go for my first WOT run, I'll let you know how she feels on the big end.
becareful and don't any 360's man! LOL
Did you have the car lowered also?
Old 09-27-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yup, she's lowered. Charlie did a great job setting her up. Not slammed by any means. I wouldn't be able to pull into any of the gas stations around MI.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Doug,
You watch out pushing curves to the limit on the street. When a vette breaks loose, it doesn't slide a little...It is fricken gone. Talking from experience (twice). I had a passenger as well one time, and with a stroke of luck didn't hit anything. One tree or an on coming car and you are dead...and possibly them !! Take it to the track !!

Pitt
Old 09-27-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pittman
Doug,
You watch out pushing curves to the limit on the street. When a vette breaks loose, it doesn't slide a little...It is fricken gone. Talking from experience (twice). I had a passenger as well one time, and with a stroke of luck didn't hit anything. One tree or an on coming car and you are dead...and possibly them !! Take it to the track !!

Pitt
yea these cars aren't like F-bodies. Hard to tell when that *** end is going to come around.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pittman
Doug,

Pitt
Pitt,
That is good responsible advise,lets hope he heeds your words of wisdom.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Whats up Dave ? Just got home from a 16 hr shift. What a ride home ! Cool air, no traffic, what a chance to dice up the curves on the X way. Needless to say the coilovers were money well spent.

I need to repeat myself, new vette owners: your first mods should be Coilovers and suspension. Learn to drive the car as well as possible before adding power. May sound a little backwards but being in control is faster.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like you have it set up pretty nice ! Be sure to post up your new times and take it easy with that thing,its very easy to put one of these in a ditch ! Doesnt look like I will make it out your way til next spring(unless I fly out to NJ to pick up a GN I am looking at)Best of luck and enjoy that beast !
Old 09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
FormerVendor

Nice! How are the coilovers?

-Nathan
Old 09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

coilovers FTMFW! Glad to see you got some Doug!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Quick Reply: Just got back from Vengeance Racing RPS / Pfadt