Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Killing time. Well, almost. pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Killing time. Well, almost. pic's

Got some new parts in for the vette..as well as made a few things.

TEA trick flow 235's. Inconal valves, bronze seats/guides,.700 lift springs,..63cc chambers..etc. Big thanks to Mike and Brian at TEA for taking care of me and making sure I had the right heads for what were looking to do. Also my friend Mike Delacruz modified my fuel hat for a -10 line and I have an A&A -8 return fitted to the hat.

All I need now is:FAST 102, camshaft(unknown), pushrods, and lifters. Oh, and a wideband. So,..almost there. trying to have car done by an april 1 mile event. Not sure how realistic that is but,...we'll see.

pics-

Here... we got bored at work. So myself and two others, thought it would be grreat to hog tie a diabetic to a lift via plastic wrap. Funniest ****, ever.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything looks great man Good luck..

Whats is the mile goal?? 220mph?? I love to see C5 ZO6 or FRC goes over 200mph

Keep us posted.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice look'n set of heads. What are you using for a short block ?

BTW, the last pic looks like a photochop, but still humorous
Old 03-13-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Everything looks great man Good luck..

Whats is the mile goal?? 220mph?? I love to see C5 ZO6 or FRC goes over 200mph

Keep us posted.
I'd be happy with 220mph in the mile. Anything less and i'll be like,.....ah,..theres always next time.

Honestly, 205+ would be cool, I don't want to seem cocky or like I know what the deal is but,...on paper,..220 mph,.. should be near the mark. We'll see... paper is paper,..reality is reality. My reality always sucks soo,..i'm optomistic on going 200+.

Started a big war on 6speedonline not long ago with some queer in a white viper,...he went 205mph,..so, if I go 206mph,..i'm good. lol.

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Nice look'n set of heads. What are you using for a short block ?

BTW, the last pic looks like a photochop, but still humorous

Built LS2. STOCK CRANK,....ah yeah. lol. After talking with some seious single digit LSX racer dudes,.. I think the stock crank should be able to handle this. Eagle rods. Diamond pistons. 366ci give or take.

The pic is as real as it gets. Couldn't even tell you how to use photochop.

Long story short,....this dude(pictured)... works next to me. He's the gayest thing in the world. Not really gay but,..he's ******* gay. All day long, he says he wants to suck this, suck that,..lick this, lick that. Girls that he knows come to the shop..that I don't know, and have never seen,... he's telling them my ***** is 10 inches long, has beautuful eyes,...i'm a great lover.. etc etc. All day,..everyday,...it's the same ****. He is a trip to listen to when we're all playing xbox live online against people. Kids truly wacked in the brain.

So,.. he was talking **** to me the other day,.. playfully I grabbed him, and through him to the ground in like two seconds(we weren't serous)...and NO HOMO, but,..as I threw him to the ground,.. he thought it would be a good idea to LICK my hand....

Yeah,..I was bugged out. So we hog tied him, and hung him up, as pictured. Again, the photo is real. YOUTUBE video coming soon.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I'd be happy with 220mph in the mile. Anything less and i'll be like,.....ah,..theres always next time.

Honestly, 205+ would be cool, I don't want to seem cocky or like I know what the deal is but,...on paper,..220 mph,.. should be near the mark. We'll see... paper is paper,..reality is reality. My reality always sucks soo,..i'm optomistic on going 200+.

Started a big war on 6speedonline not long ago with some queer in a white viper,...he went 205mph,..so, if I go 206mph,..i'm good. lol.

Built LS2. STOCK CRANK,....ah yeah. lol. After talking with some seious single digit LSX racer dudes,.. I think the stock crank should be able to handle this. Eagle rods. Diamond pistons. 366ci give or take.

The pic is as real as it gets. Couldn't even tell you how to use photochop.

Long story short,....this dude(pictured)... works next to me. He's the gayest thing in the world. Not really gay but,..he's ******* gay. All day long, he says he wants to suck this, suck that,..lick this, lick that. Girls that he knows come to the shop..that I don't know, and have never seen,... he's telling them my ***** is 10 inches long, has beautuful eyes,...i'm a great lover.. etc etc. All day,..everyday,...it's the same ****. He is a trip to listen to when we're all playing xbox live online against people. Kids truly wacked in the brain.

So,.. he was talking **** to me the other day,.. playfully I grabbed him, and through him to the ground in like two seconds(we weren't serous)...and NO HOMO, but,..as I threw him to the ground,.. he thought it would be a good idea to LICK my hand....

Yeah,..I was bugged out. So we hog tied him, and hung him up, as pictured. Again, the photo is real. YOUTUBE video coming soon.

Doing 200+ in a mile run is going to take to take some gearing and power. You'll need more than your 2.73 rear gear to get there. With some 3.42 gears and MM6 tranny gears you should be able to pull 200 + if you got the juice.

I picked me up a 2008 C6 Z06 tranny and differential for my SW Z06 that I'll start to put together in the summer. I still gotta clean up the garage, basement and drive way from my last 5 years of car projects before I can start doing anymore projects or the wife is going to kill me

I've decided that high speed racing, while exciting, is really geared toward cars built for that specific event and not your average street car. I'm just going to try and put together a nice street car.

Going to go to a couple of car shows this year and check out the latest and greatest to get some ideas on what I'm going to do.

I can't wait to see the video of your saran wrapped capper.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

I see you are still alive and kicking J Dawg !! More then I can say for the hand licking *** wrapped in plastic hanging from the hoist !! I'd love to see your shop MGR walk in on that one, he'd probably just shake his head and walk right back out pretending he didn't see what he just saw. LOL. You crazy MF'r. Glad to see Brian and Mike took care of you with some good advice and delivered the heads as requested.

Almost called you a few days ago for some advice on my car after GM and the stealerships were blowing smoke up my a$$ about what was needed to fix my issue. BTW I fixed it myself for FREE, those scumbags.

Check your pm.

Good luck at the mile !!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Doing 200+ in a mile run is going to take to take some gearing and power. You'll need more than your 2.73 rear gear to get there. With some 3.42 gears and MM6 tranny gears you should be able to pull 200 + if you got the juice.

Brotherman,.. i'll surpass 200mph like a walk in the park. I have done the research... if it doesn't,..then i'll play with gearing but, I am pretty sure, this is the route.

Id on't need nitrous either holmes.

I just saw a 860rwhp C5 Z06, go 203mph...back to back. Different gearing in his vette as well but,..look at the power level he's at.... my prospected power number, should dwarf that. My gear, should be correct but,...we will see.

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I see you are still alive and kicking J Dawg !! More then I can say for the hand licking *** wrapped in plastic hanging from the hoist !! I'd love to see your shop MGR walk in on that one, he'd probably just shake his head and walk right back out pretending he didn't see what he just saw. LOL. You crazy MF'r. Glad to see Brian and Mike took care of you with some good advice and delivered the heads as requested.

Almost called you a few days ago for some advice on my car after GM and the stealerships were blowing smoke up my a$$ about what was needed to fix my issue. BTW I fixed it myself for FREE, those scumbags.

Check your pm.

Good luck at the mile !!

Yeah man,...here, rocking and rolling. Just saw the standing mile record broken today,..252mph from FORD GT.

Dope as hell.

Watch out for SOME dealerships.,... some people, are there to rip you off. Not everyone though,..some places ROCK!!!

We can now warranty ANY gm. I love it.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brotherman,.. i'll surpass 200mph like a walk in the park. I have done the research... if it doesn't,..then i'll play with gearing but, I am pretty sure, this is the route.

Id on't need nitrous either holmes.

I just saw a 860rwhp C5 Z06, go 203mph...back to back. Different gearing in his vette as well but,..look at the power level he's at.... my prospected power number, should dwarf that. My gear, should be correct but,...we will see.
Torque and power are great with your turbo system, however 2.73 gears are great at helping you get traction but not accelerating to your potential.

You going to set that rig up with boost by gear to aide in traction ?

I don't think you need NO2 gas make 200 +, but in the limited distance of one mile you need gears. Top speed run 2.73 gears.... Lingenfelter was always known to run 2.73 gears when he did his big top speed runs.

I wish all you all the luck in making to 200 + mph.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Swap that drivetrain into a car with a smaller frontal area and lower Cd. drag and you'll hit those numbers plus a lot more no problemo

This ls1 rx7 ran 196 NA with prob half the power you have.

http://www.v8rx7forum.com/showthread...ht=mile+196mph
Old 03-15-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Torque and power are great with your turbo system, however 2.73 gears are great at helping you get traction but not accelerating to your potential.

You going to set that rig up with boost by gear to aide in traction ?

I don't think you need NO2 gas make 200 +, but in the limited distance of one mile you need gears. Top speed run 2.73 gears.... Lingenfelter was always known to run 2.73 gears when he did his big top speed runs.

I wish all you all the luck in making to 200 + mph.

It's not like I have no forms of testing in this car with the old stock motor setup. I was about to nose plow a Ford GT out at the street races one night, cause I was coming up on him VERY FAST,...5th gear was hit,..in less then half a mile. That same car, trapped 198 mph tis past weekend. I was out accelerating that thing, quite nicely. The race was started with me 5 feet off his bumper,... I gained and gained,...until I had to go around him or lift.

thats one example. I have had this car out west MULTIPLE times for dry runs. The car will get into 5th gear and EAT,...and eat. I don't know what the basis for your questions are honestly Tony. I can see how nobody has really done it, I can see if we were talking about a 700rwhp car here. I understand the need to accelerate, and the little time that you have to do that.

This thing,..with the 67mm turbos, and the load enflicted on them with the gear ratio, accelerates harder then ever. And that was making 700++ to the ground, with a bandaid fuel system. I honestly have done serious homework on this. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. But I think I can do it bro. I truly do. I am soo used to people telling me that I can't,..for example, my cam would never work with the blower,... it ended up working great.....everyone said DON'T put in a 3.73 gear,...for the love of god please don't do it.... and turns out,... it was the best thing I could do for my car, to LAY down the power that it was making.

I like proving people wrong,...in a cool way, thank you for your input, thanks for the wishes but,...my car, you guys can quote me on this,.. is going to blast through the mile at over 200mph with my gearset, as long as everything goes right, mechanically.

Originally Posted by sciff5
Swap that drivetrain into a car with a smaller frontal area and lower Cd. drag and you'll hit those numbers plus a lot more no problemo

This ls1 rx7 ran 196 NA with prob half the power you have.

http://www.v8rx7forum.com/showthread...ht=mile+196mph

First things first, If I wanted a TT RX7,..i'd mod the R2 sitting outside,...I am into vettes,... vettes alone.

C5

Stock coupe - .29 cd
Stock hardtop - .30 cd
Stock vert - .31 cd

Mazda RX-7
0.36 - 0.39
0.61 - 0.66
6.55-7.09

What smaller frontal area, are you talking about? Look atthe difference in DRAG. The C5, is way sleeker.

I think, even more soo, I like the odds, and the doubters on this whole project. I have never seen more people say negative things about my car, then anyother car that I have touched. It really is funny, how not one person here, has proved me wrong with my car and the mods I have performed.

(can't make more then 550rwhp safe, we did, can't use the camshaft, we did, can't use the gears in that car, we did, can't go 200mph with it,... we will.

Again, you can throw stones at me and say I told you soo the day that I fail.

just for this,..we'll get my cousins NITROUS C5 up and running,...and we'll go 200+ in that as well. How about that.

Thanks for the motivation my nizzles.

Peace-out
Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Not cool with the Diabetic thing, sorry I'm one.

Standing Mile, I'm with you 100% man. Just got my car back and the cage is done. Now to finish my setup for Maxton's April event. Hopefully both of us will have green hats come April.

Nice looking heads also
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

Its not just coefficient of drag its also frontal area and thats where the Rx7 is a lot better

those 2 numbers combined give you the number you actually care about

http://www.corvettefever.com/techart...own_chart.html

Corvette c5 is almost 7 and a 7.5 with the flip up headlights up

the rx7 is a little more than 5.5
http://www.rx7club.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=10

I dont know exactly I just know the lower the number the less wind resistance.

I was just jokin around anyway I know you like the vettes I dont see you goin import any time soon. But it would go way faster if that drivetrain were in an FD. Less total drag is huge, especially as speeds go up.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Not cool with the Diabetic thing, sorry I'm one.

Standing Mile, I'm with you 100% man. Just got my car back and the cage is done. Now to finish my setup for Maxton's April event. Hopefully both of us will have green hats come April.

Nice looking heads also

The dude in the plastic wrap, is a good friend,...if you can't see that then,..well what else can I say. He was asked 50 times how he was doing, the moment he felt discomfort, we cut him loose within ten seconds. Followed by a candybar and a bottle of water. The kid is fine....he's our friend.

Thanks for the support on the mile,...hope we're both where we need to be in the next month or so.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep on keeping J !!! You'll do just fine in the standing mile. What tires are going to be on the car ?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Followed by a candybar and a bottle of water. The kid is fine....he's our friend.

Hopefully the candybar didn't make him go
Old 03-16-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not like I have no forms of testing in this car with the old stock motor setup. I was about to nose plow a Ford GT out at the street races one night, cause I was coming up on him VERY FAST,...5th gear was hit,..in less then half a mile. That same car, trapped 198 mph tis past weekend. I was out accelerating that thing, quite nicely. The race was started with me 5 feet off his bumper,... I gained and gained,...until I had to go around him or lift.

thats one example. I have had this car out west MULTIPLE times for dry runs. The car will get into 5th gear and EAT,...and eat. I don't know what the basis for your questions are honestly Tony. I can see how nobody has really done it, I can see if we were talking about a 700rwhp car here. I understand the need to accelerate, and the little time that you have to do that.

This thing,..with the 67mm turbos, and the load enflicted on them with the gear ratio, accelerates harder then ever. And that was making 700++ to the ground, with a bandaid fuel system. I honestly have done serious homework on this. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. But I think I can do it bro. I truly do. I am soo used to people telling me that I can't,..for example, my cam would never work with the blower,... it ended up working great.....everyone said DON'T put in a 3.73 gear,...for the love of god please don't do it.... and turns out,... it was the best thing I could do for my car, to LAY down the power that it was making.

I like proving people wrong,...in a cool way, thank you for your input, thanks for the wishes but,...my car, you guys can quote me on this,.. is going to blast through the mile at over 200mph with my gearset, as long as everything goes right, mechanically.

Peace-out
No knock on your car or driving skills. I had done a lot of research on top speed runs etc ... when I was building old blue.

You can have a really quick time but a lower terminal speed or vice versa, depending on your set-up, as I'm sure you already know.

Traction is key in a good time.

I'm not sure how much traction a car like yours gets or what kind of tires you're running when you're going to these mile events.

Here's a somewhat stock Z06 with less 500 rwhp.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...-new-post.html

All I was trying to say was that gearing would help bring up your terminal speed, since you have a relatively short distance to do in.

Heck if you were out on the salt flats or 5 mile air strip I'm sure your car would be well up there if you didn't literally take off.

The guy who use to own my Z06 was in to drag racing. I got a H/C Z06 with 4.10 gears. I'm not sure what it tops out at probably like 145 mph because of the gears as it was set-up for the quarter mile.

I'm going to swap out the current drive train for a C6 Z06 set-up so that I can have a little more higher MPH. Maybe one of these days I'll get it out to one of these mile events.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Keep on keeping J !!! You'll do just fine in the standing mile. What tires are going to be on the car ?
Originally Posted by JoeyGC5

Hopefully the candybar didn't make him go
No knock on your car or driving skills. I had done a lot of research on top speed runs etc ... when I was building old blue.

You can have a really quick time but a lower terminal speed or vice versa, depending on your set-up, as I'm sure you already know.

Traction is key in a good time.

I'm not sure how much traction a car like yours gets or what kind of tires you're running when you're going to these mile events.

Here's a somewhat stock Z06 with less 500 rwhp.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...-new-post.html

All I was trying to say was that gearing would help bring up your terminal speed, since you have a relatively short distance to do in.

Heck if you were out on the salt flats or 5 mile air strip I'm sure your car would be well up there if you didn't literally take off.

The guy who use to own my Z06 was in to drag racing. I got a H/C Z06 with 4.10 gears. I'm not sure what it tops out at probably like 145 mph because of the gears as it was set-up for the quarter mile.

I'm going to swap out the current drive train for a C6 Z06 set-up so that I can have a little more higher MPH. Maybe one of these days I'll get it out to one of these mile events.

I honestly got 4 replies into that post, and regretted clicking on it. Please don't bring the corvette forum into this. Yes, some crafty people on there but, the majority are dipshits. Hence, the question, can I go WOT for 3 minutes? ahh,... a car making 1000+++ rwhp will run the mile in 30 seconds or less,...probably closer to 24 seconds or so... give or take two seconds. I don't see the point of linking that here. Where not speaking of powerplants,...we're talking about capability to run the mile, with 1xxxrwhp, and a 2.73 gear, with my current trans gear in the car. Thats what were talking about. Not,...a 500rwhp car, or wanting to go flat out for 3 minutes.

...(you can't give me a 500rwhp car as a comparison for this conversation)...

The cars going to work, as is. Not sure how long you think it's going to take to MAX OUT 5th gear with over 1000rwhp but, believe me, it wasn't long getting almost there with 780rwhp. 1 mile, is VERY LONG. Have you driven the mile yet? I have a few times. I've done years of research,...years. lol,..it's going to make it,... if not, I can swap diff's very easily but,..I won't need to.

Trust me. Or not. Either way, to me, it's R&D for me, and R&D for the rest of the world that's on the edge about proper gear selection/proper power configuration.

My goal, is to put a corvette in the somewhat "top" ranks of the standing mile. Tired of all this import ****.

Rock on.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Just that it was somewhat interesting that a vette with less than 500 rwhp almost hit 180 in the mile.

I've done a mile run or so, but not legally in this coming up I40 in Tennessee.

That's when I first bought the car and got comfortable driving it on the way home from Texas where I flew into pick it up. The car was done by 21CMC and was 1 of 5 that were ever built (Superman Edition).

Pretty thrilling acceleration with a worked automatic and 3.42 gears. Nothing like the brute force of PDS blower.

Would love to get a ride in your rig one of these days when you get it back together.

Geez Bro, all of guys on CF are not dipshitz, although there a few over there. I normally hang in parts sales and FI sections. Gets pretty boring in some of the other sections.

BTW, is your car tubbed ? I'm trying to figure out if 18x12 rims will rub on the upper "A" arms if I go airborne.

I plan on using some of those new LG coil overs (red adjustable) ones since I'm throwing in the C6 Z06 differential and rear left over from old blue. The coil overs will help limit my droop.

Also picked me up some C6 Z06 brakes for a little bling.

Just trying to figure out the whole rear rim thing so I can order me up some rims and tub the car as Spring is coming and I can work outside my garage a bit.

I would like to get all the mechanicals done and have the body & interior done over the winter.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Btw I dont know how stable c5s are at extreme speed I'm sure they're fine at say 180. Any C5s gone 220 before that you could use as a point of reference?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

^ Just that it was somewhat interesting that a vette with less than 500 rwhp almost hit 180 in the mile.

I've done a mile run or so, but not legally in this coming up I40 in Tennessee.

That's when I first bought the car and got comfortable driving it on the way home from Texas where I flew into pick it up. The car was done by 21CMC and was 1 of 5 that were ever built (Superman Edition).

Pretty thrilling acceleration with a worked automatic and 3.42 gears. Nothing like the brute force of PDS blower.

Would love to get a ride in your rig one of these days when you get it back together.

Geez Bro, all of guys on CF are not dipshitz, although there a few over there. I normally hang in parts sales and FI sections. Gets pretty boring in some of the other sections.

BTW, is your car tubbed ? I'm trying to figure out if 18x12 rims will rub on the upper "A" arms if I go airborne.

I plan on using some of those new LG coil overs (red adjustable) ones since I'm throwing in the C6 Z06 differential and rear left over from old blue. The coil overs will help limit my droop.

Also picked me up some C6 Z06 brakes for a little bling.

Just trying to figure out the whole rear rim thing so I can order me up some rims and tub the car as Spring is coming and I can work outside my garage a bit.

I would like to get all the mechanicals done and have the body & interior done over the winter.
Ahh..had a long response but...freaking computer locked up.

Whatever.

180mph tony,...is no where near 200. I understand ALOT of cars coupld hit 180-190etc ..it's that 199.99+++ mph thats the bitch.

My comment about the corvette forum,..it stands in my opinion. For example, everyone on there, is a rocket scientist. Everyone knows everything because the internet told them so. Most of them pay to have someone mod there car,...to that, what insight could they provide someone like myself, or you for that matter? That place, as I said, has very CRAFTY(as in smart) people... the rest, either are cool, and admit they're lack of knowledge, or they are dipshits,...and act like they know everything. Thats that forum,..imo.

My car is mini tub'd. It will fit 12+ wheels. It WILL RUB THE INNER FRAMERAIL and possibly the A arm WITHOUT coilovers. With coilovers, you will never have a problem.

Originally Posted by sciff5
Btw I dont know how stable c5s are at extreme speed I'm sure they're fine at say 180. Any C5s gone 220 before that you could use as a point of reference?

More stable then ANY RX7 you've ever been in. Short wheel base=unstable high speeds, especially with 800+++hp. I have grown up with the best factory handling RX7 ever, the 1994 R2.

My car is flatter then a pancake in any corner. Very incredible car to drive, as I have coilovers, 295 front tires on a 10.5 inch wheel, and 335's on a 12.5 inch wheel. The car handles.

Lingenfelter went 226mph, over an extended period of time in a C5 TARGA top'd car(test track).

thats a car with much smaller turbos,,,, a car with much more restrictive cold side pipeing,...a car with a smaller set of heads, smaller inatake, and more then likely less power.

Car handles,...the car will make power. No need to swa chassis hommie.

Quick Reply: Killing time. Well, almost. pic's