Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Built 2006 C6. 427ci Sleeved LS2, UPP Twin-Turbo, RPM Trans/Diff, and more! 1000+whp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Built 2006 C6. 427ci Sleeved LS2, UPP Twin-Turbo, RPM Trans/Diff, and more! 1000+whp?

we will find out soon. we finally got the Transmission and Diff from RPM that was supposed to show up 3+ weeks ago. Great guys none the less, but I wish they told us it will be this long before we get the stuff.. we would have at least finished the engine break in. oh well

I would still like to thank them for the great deal I got from them and I appreciate the fact that Jeremy always answered my calls.

I would also like to thank Bret@Racing Engine Design for the great work on the engine, heads, and the whole car. The took care of a lot of the shitty work from other shops that worked on the car.....

mods list.

- Darton sleeved LS2
- 427ci (Eagle crank, Eagle rods, Ross Pistons, ARP2000 bolts)
- 8.8 compression (pump gas)
- Block machined for 1/2 inch Studs
- PRC LS3 heads (Ported by Bret@RED)
- Spinmonster Cam (no specs other than close to a Z06 cam!)
- Fast 102 Intake
- Stock TB

- UPP twin turbo kit (Under Pressure Performance)
- Only modification to the kit is a new boost controller and some heat wrap and turbo blankets
- Eboost2

- Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel system
- Fast Fuel Rails
- 80# injectors (will probably need to upgrade to ID1000s)

- RPM Stage 6 C6 Z06 TR6060
- RPM Stage 2 C6 Z06 Differential
- DSS drive shaft
- RPS BC3 Clutch
- Stock Suspension stock axles

- Full C6 Z06 OEM body kit
- OEM C6 Z06 wheels w/ NT05R 19" Tires

car has about 400miles now.. drives ok. still running E85 but will be switching back to 91oct sometime this week

we were hoping to hit 1000whp, but not sure if we will be able to achieve that with the UPP kit and those 58mm's turbos. I guess we will find out soon. I am thinking about swapping it with the TTIX kit and add nitrous on top. but I dont know. maybe just get some bigger turbos and keep the kit.

The plan now is to see how far we can go with the UPP kit. do some work on the suspension since its very important with a car that will be making that much power. and I am thinking also about adding nitrous on top with it. Then later (at least 9 months) might go with the TTIX.

Engine and drivetrain should handle 1400+whp with no problems

Car was built for the streets, but I will try to take it to the track and see what it will run. it should be a 8sec car assuming I can drive it and can fit some sticky tires there. I doubt it though.......

Pics/vids will come soon!

car made 820whp@14psi with the older setup on E85 (402ci, ~12:0 compression)

an older vid when it was at 8#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdTAzVZhvXo

what do you guys think?? will I be able to hit 1000+whp!!!!!???
Old 01-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Hope so! Just got a upp kit myself. Not on yet but wondered how well it worked?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Checkers
Hope so! Just got a upp kit myself. Not on yet but wondered how well it worked?
honestly not very well from what I have been told from the previous owner. but now with the upgraded kit and the better stuff I got it should be ok.... or thats what I hope
Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

Damn! That's not what I wanted to hear lol
Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Teching In

I know it's been awhile but and confirmed numbers on the upp kit yet and how about burning issues with the fenders
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool. Should be able to reach that number with enough boost but, curious to why your leaving E85 and going to 91/93 though. Would be a lot easier if you stuck with the fuel.

And Birdmanta.... if your worried about heat, once you install any turbo kit on any car, I would buy some stick on heat sheilding. That should save your fenders, or anything that matter from getting too hot. Also, blankets/coating/wrapping anything greatly helps. I do not have a UPP kit but I have something that is kinda heat ****...and I fixed any issue I had with all of the above.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by birdmanta
I know it's been awhile but and confirmed numbers on the upp kit yet and how about burning issues with the fenders
I have no idea. I got rid of my kit. I dont want to go into details on why I did because I agreed not to talk about my experience. The fender will get hot, to a point where I got worried especially since it was carbon fiber ( I had Z06 fenders on mine) It is fine for like couple hours of normal driving......
Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Very cool. Should be able to reach that number with enough boost but, curious to why your leaving E85 and going to 91/93 though. Would be a lot easier if you stuck with the fuel.

And Birdmanta.... if your worried about heat, once you install any turbo kit on any car, I would buy some stick on heat sheilding. That should save your fenders, or anything that matter from getting too hot. Also, blankets/coating/wrapping anything greatly helps. I do not have a UPP kit but I have something that is kinda heat ****...and I fixed any issue I had with all of the above.
availability!! thats why. car will not stay in CO. I wish I can stay with E85 I would have without thinking!

I throw out the TT kit. I have an F1X now which will be installed in the next few weeks....
Old 11-17-2012, 03:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
availability!! thats why. car will not stay in CO. I wish I can stay with E85 I would have without thinking!

I throw out the TT kit. I have an F1X now which will be installed in the next few weeks....
LOL...V-Series is building a 413/LS7/Fast 102/F1X combo for a friend..happens to be a silver C6

Either way, get the ID1000's, or bigger
Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr

Word. I hear you.

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
LOL...V-Series is building a 413/LS7/Fast 102/F1X combo for a friend..happens to be a silver C6

418ci magic mike(not 413). Last thing you wanna do is decrease darrens SIZE lol.

But yes, LS7 heads, F1X on a DP belt drive, with 8 rib, stock procharger bracket.

Planning on 950wheel. give or take 50 wheel.

Keep us posted about your F1 build.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport

mine is Black. my other vette is Silver which is a 441ci Nitrous car

I am seriously thinking about getting the ID1000 or Bosch 1200cc injectors one of those two......! Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Word. I hear you.

418ci magic mike(not 413). Last thing you wanna do is decrease darrens SIZE lol.

But yes, LS7 heads, F1X on a DP belt drive, with 8 rib, stock procharger bracket.

Planning on 950wheel. give or take 50 wheel.

Keep us posted about your F1 build.

Stock LS7 heads?? 4bolt?

I am also going with 8rib+carteck flip drive!

Quick Reply: Built 2006 C6. 427ci Sleeved LS2, UPP Twin-Turbo, RPM Trans/Diff, and more! 1000+whp?