Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Maroon Corvette...convince me

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maroon Corvette...convince me

I want basically any c5 as long as its a six speed. This one is a good deal. I love the interior color and the exterior color compliments the interior well, but thats about all it does for me. I really want white or red, but it seems like those colors demand a premium. Im getting a little exhausted from searching. I think im going to look at this one, but this off red maroon color isnt too exciting. Can anyone show me some pics of c5's in this color that will convince me this color CAN be exciting? Gold rims may look nice, or gray. What will make it pop? I want to see because right now it just seems drab. but im open minded.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/2827048811.html
Old 02-02-2012, 03:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That color is the least aggressive looking c5 corvette i can think of. Just my opinion it screams old woman.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

where you located? theres a really good looking white one near me S.C. not sure what their asking for it or what kinda condition its in but ill take a look when i pass by there in a little bit.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wait for the color you want. Don't buy it just cause you are tired of looking.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...ents-rare.html

It's in California, seems in really nice shape, it's FRC (= BADASS) and cheaper than the one poster.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wait for the color you want or go see it in person, you never know how you'll feel about a color until you see it on that particular car! Reminds me of when I was searching for my WS6, I was deadset on white/silver/black paint. But this one popped up in my search with only 18k miles, bone stock, fairly priced, and immaculate condition but it was RED. I gave it a shot and set up a meeting with the owner. I'm pretty sure he gave it a good wash and wax before the meet. Just to keep it short: I made up my mind from the first glimpse of the car, seeing it a block away from his house!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you aren't sure, go see it in person. You need to buy what you want. That car would look a lot better with different wheels, something that would accent the car. Black wheels and a light window tint would up the macho factor if that is the issue.

From my experience, white cars for daily drivers are a pain as they look dirty constantly.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea i need to go look at it. It also has a Trans Am high rise so i will have the fill the holes thats for sure. Im not sure....i agree black rims or even dark gray will help a ton.

Quick Reply: Maroon Corvette...convince me