Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Spring is here! What are plans for the Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spring is here! What are plans for the Vette?

So spring starts in 4 more days and being as warm as it has been this winter I already started adding this seasons new mods: Random Technology High Flow cats and X pipe. They are now mounted to my B&B bullets and they sound awesome! (If you live life loud of course)

Here are my spring/summer plans:

Pfadt Transmission Brace
Johnny O’Connell Shocks
Vararam VR-B2 and Power Duct
Dyno Tune
CCW SP500s
Hinson Super Cars Urethane Engine & Transmission Mounts

and if I can fit in the budget this season:

Carbon Fiber Hood (Not sure what style yet)
Carbon fiber side skirts
Rear Spoiler

What are your plans?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

getting rid of the bullets in the car, in favor of the TI exhaust. Getting the maggie put on top and getting the hood painted to match everything. A buddy that paints is offering a good deal on getting the whole car repainted so may just do that. Just finshed the Double din install and projector headlights. Should be a busy spring. Would love to do Shocks but have to balance funds between several projects.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

I already did a powerbond balancer, Hinson mount, TSW wheels, nitto nt05's, and LED switchback clear corners.

I need to get my head liner done, rear speakers, fix a couple gremlins, and maybe if its in the budget a ported TB, ls6 intake, and a tune.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some nice plans up there!

Carbon Fibre Hood (MCM Style)
Paint
Giant White Stripe

CCW Classic Drag Pack
iForged Aeros
Lowering Bolts
Katech Belt Tensioner
Fire Extinguisher
Old 03-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like everyone's got some good plans. I just got stg2.5 5.3 heads and a torquer 3 cam from Texas speed. Still waiting on the fast intake and ls7 clutch to put everything together. Can't wait.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProMaroZ
I already did a powerbond balancer, Hinson mount, TSW wheels, nitto nt05's, and LED switchback clear corners.

I need to get my head liner done, rear speakers, fix a couple gremlins, and maybe if its in the budget a ported TB, ls6 intake, and a tune.
Where did you get the LED switchback clear corners? I want to do those along with LED tails with sequential rear turn signals!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Hoping to wrap up a pretty extensive project in the next month or two...

Get the new bullet in the car and fired up, then work on getting it dialed-in.

Basically went through the entire car, as far as the "mechanicals" are concerned:

ERL LS3 dry sleeve 434ci shortblock topped-off with LPE LS7 heads, GT19 cam/kit, FAST/NW 102, cloyes "C5R" chain, ATI super damper, precision oil pumps blueprinted melling 10296, Yella Terra 1.8 rockers, manton 3/8" .120 wall pushrods, morel "5206" link bar lifters, mast windage tray, Vararam intake system...

McLeod RST w/ aluminum 'wheel, Tick adj. MC...

Rebuilt the torque tube with bearings from RPM, DSS poly couplers, Hinson/PST carbon shaft...

Rebuilt the trans with parts from theGearBox and Tick (new synchros, bronze fork pads, billet shift keys, new snap rings/roll pins, replaced a couple bearings, then shimmed to spec

Freshen'd up the diff with all new seals, replaced the rod ends on the DTE brace with some FK pieces from Racecraft

Cleaned up all the road grime from the front/rear cradles and currently working on cleaning up the wiring harness in the engine bay... did a little bit of touch-up paint work with a rattle can (rack, p/s cooler, frame rails, etc.)

DeWitts radiator w/ EOC, DeWitts spal fans, Meziere elec pump, all new hoses

Pfadt engine/trans mounts

Had the headers and mid-pipe coated (Kooks 1 7/8", 3" ORX-pipe)

Damn... been working on all this for the past year and finally getting close. Looking forward to driving the car again. It had an old, tired LS7 headed 422ci in it when I bought it, along with a later model C5 Z06 trans and 3-rib diff... lots of other good parts, just poorly executed. There is a ton of other small details I addressed while the car has been apart. It's been a fun journey, being my first LS-powered car/project.

Last edited by RLS!; 03-18-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RLS!
Hoping to wrap up a pretty extensive project in the next month or two...

Get the new bullet in the car and fired up, then work on getting it dialed-in.

Basically went through the entire car, as far as the "mechanicals" are concerned:

ERL LS3 dry sleeve 434ci shortblock topped-off with LPE LS7 heads, GT19 cam/kit, FAST/NW 102, cloyes "C5R" chain, ATI super damper, precision oil pumps blueprinted melling 10296, Yella Terra 1.8 rockers, manton 3/8" .120 wall pushrods, morel "5206" link bar lifters, mast windage tray, Vararam intake system...

McLeod RST w/ aluminum 'wheel, Tick adj. MC...

Rebuilt the torque tube with bearings from RPM, DSS poly couplers, Hinson/PST carbon shaft...

Rebuilt the trans with parts from theGearBox and Tick (new synchros, bronze fork pads, billet shift keys, new snap rings/roll pins, replaced a couple bearings, then shimmed to spec

Freshen'd up the diff with all new seals, replaced the rod ends on the DTE brace with some FK pieces from Racecraft

Cleaned up all the road grime from the front/rear cradles and currently working on cleaning up the wiring harness in the engine bay... did a little bit of touch-up paint work with a rattle can (rack, p/s cooler, frame rails, etc.)

DeWitts radiator w/ EOC, DeWitts spal fans, Meziere elec pump, all new hoses

Pfadt engine/trans mounts

Had the headers and mid-pipe coated (Kooks 1 7/8", 3" ORX-pipe)

Damn... been working on all this for the past year and finally getting close. Looking forward to driving the car again. It had an old, tired LS7 headed 422ci in it when I bought it, along with a later model C5 Z06 trans and 3-rib diff... lots of other good parts, just poorly executed. There is a ton of other small details I addressed while the car has been apart. It's been a fun journey, being my first LS-powered car/project.
Damn, have any pics of this beast? Great first LS project you have going on.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
Damn, have any pics of this beast? Great first LS project you have going on.
Thanks... there are a few pics in my profile/garage deal on here.

Also, here is a "build thread" on a local board: FRC project
Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow I am inspired. Cant wait to see it all together.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Where did you get the LED switchback clear corners? I want to do those along with LED tails with sequential rear turn signals!
http://www.corvettemods.com/LED-HID-Lighting_c_143.html
Old 03-18-2012, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Spring is here! What are plans for the Vette?
To just drive it!
I have no mods/changes planned for my bolt on C6 other than racing it a little less and enjoying it on the street a little more this summer with the roof off.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Twin Turbo kit on the Order!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Drive it like I stole it.

Already did the performance shop thing toward the end of last year (three months downtime). De-tuned it slightly to get the drivability back. Still has plenty of ponies to get sideways, though. More than enough for street tires.

I do have quite a list of things I plan to do to it yet. But not this Spring. Getting over the sticker shock of putting a new in-ground swimming pool in the backyard. Could have paid cash for that for what I have invested in this silly car. But what can I say? "Sorry, sweetie. Can't take the pool with us when we move."
Old 03-23-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks!

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
To just drive it!
I have no mods/changes planned for my bolt on C6 other than racing it a little less and enjoying it on the street a little more this summer with the roof off.
Good call. Sometimes its good to just sit back and enjoy the ride

Originally Posted by Shoaf85
Twin Turbo kit on the Order!!!!
Nice! What kit did you order? Just bolting the kit to a stock motor?

Originally Posted by CySevans
Drive it like I stole it.

Already did the performance shop thing toward the end of last year (three months downtime). De-tuned it slightly to get the drivability back. Still has plenty of ponies to get sideways, though. More than enough for street tires.

I do have quite a list of things I plan to do to it yet. But not this Spring. Getting over the sticker shock of putting a new in-ground swimming pool in the backyard. Could have paid cash for that for what I have invested in this silly car. But what can I say? "Sorry, sweetie. Can't take the pool with us when we move."
Nice man. I still need to get behind the wheel of a C6Z. Just don't know anyone in this area with one
Old 03-26-2012, 01:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

I plan on a UD pulley, tune, and some new slicks. Possibly tick master cylinder. Then I HOPE a 10.99 pass!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CAMJAG...nice round of mods you have planned. Solid mounts, vararam, awesome mods...ever conside coilovers? Looking at your suspension plans,..I think you'd love coilovers on your Z06. We have them on my FRC and my cousins FRC...they are by far, one of the best mods I have done, on any car. Truly awesome....even with your stock sway bars. Also makes the car easier to work on...much easier actually. The factory leaf springs not only loads the suspension, making it difficult to pull away from the body/chassis. That, and they're bulky and in the way. Coilovers, ...are like sex. Trust me.

I have solid engine and diff mounts from Tony here on the forum(thank you bro),...drm coilovers, and recently added VBandP poly/solid control arm mounts. Haven't installed the uppers yet, which is what is next on the list when I have a free moment,...then I need it aligned. I also need new sway bar end links,...they're all torn.

My plans with my 00 frc, are right now, it's at a friends, getting a custom aluminum catback built for it,...something I drew up. Can't wait. Has open dumps on it now, it's slightly dirty sounding for my ear...so tailpipes, and 4inch long mufflers, should be enough to wash the truckness out of it. I had tips custom made...should be unique in itself, let alone that it's on a PTK kit'd car.

Then I want to drive it, make sure I have no rubbed wires/hoses/leaks/dtc's/..fix any and all issues(I have nothing but issues).....drive some more....then get to the dyno/track...make it work..... have some fun,..put in some work with the locals..and have some fun. Then back to the grind, make a diffuser...do some needed aero work,...and get it to a hope to be Miami mile but, probably the texas mile. I want to go 210-220 in the mile with the car. I have two oil pumps, and two coolers,...I plan to make my own diff cooler setup, and my own trans pump recirculater-cooler setup. Hoping to prolong the life of everything.

Once it works....and I have bought my first house....hopeful for this year,...once I can afford it, I need a TR6060 and C6 diff. But,..that will be a long,....long time from now. The car has been off the road for two years....and has only been on the road now for 2 whole days, starting last month. Hoping to change that around,....hoping I don't break anything.

Looking for stupid power....and did I say I am trying not to break anything? Yeah...cause I can't. lol. If I do..maybe I can entice a C6 Z06 trade... or purchase. I dunno. I need my head examined I think.

Is they're a doctor in the house?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

I plan on slapping on some new tires and adding in a few suspension pieces:

Pfadt Trans Mount
ECS Trans Brace

And I also plan on adding a Monster Stage 2 clutch with the Tick Master mod. Other than that I'm going to go back for a dyno tune and I'm just going to drive the hell out of her!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
CAMJAG...nice round of mods you have planned. Solid mounts, vararam, awesome mods...ever conside coilovers? Looking at your suspension plans,..I think you'd love coilovers on your Z06. We have them on my FRC and my cousins FRC...they are by far, one of the best mods I have done, on any car. Truly awesome....even with your stock sway bars. Also makes the car easier to work on...much easier actually. The factory leaf springs not only loads the suspension, making it difficult to pull away from the body/chassis. That, and they're bulky and in the way. Coilovers, ...are like sex. Trust me.

I have solid engine and diff mounts from Tony here on the forum(thank you bro),...drm coilovers, and recently added VBandP poly/solid control arm mounts. Haven't installed the uppers yet, which is what is next on the list when I have a free moment,...then I need it aligned. I also need new sway bar end links,...they're all torn.

My plans with my 00 frc, are right now, it's at a friends, getting a custom aluminum catback built for it,...something I drew up. Can't wait. Has open dumps on it now, it's slightly dirty sounding for my ear...so tailpipes, and 4inch long mufflers, should be enough to wash the truckness out of it. I had tips custom made...should be unique in itself, let alone that it's on a PTK kit'd car.

Then I want to drive it, make sure I have no rubbed wires/hoses/leaks/dtc's/..fix any and all issues(I have nothing but issues).....drive some more....then get to the dyno/track...make it work..... have some fun,..put in some work with the locals..and have some fun. Then back to the grind, make a diffuser...do some needed aero work,...and get it to a hope to be Miami mile but, probably the texas mile. I want to go 210-220 in the mile with the car. I have two oil pumps, and two coolers,...I plan to make my own diff cooler setup, and my own trans pump recirculater-cooler setup. Hoping to prolong the life of everything.

Once it works....and I have bought my first house....hopeful for this year,...once I can afford it, I need a TR6060 and C6 diff. But,..that will be a long,....long time from now. The car has been off the road for two years....and has only been on the road now for 2 whole days, starting last month. Hoping to change that around,....hoping I don't break anything.

Looking for stupid power....and did I say I am trying not to break anything? Yeah...cause I can't. lol. If I do..maybe I can entice a C6 Z06 trade... or purchase. I dunno. I need my head examined I think.

Is they're a doctor in the house?

Your car is pretty sick. I was thinking about going crazy with this thing and doing a C6 ZO6 rear, engine rebuild and supercharger, trans work, clutch, etc but I will hold off. I want to see how the market goes for a C6 ZO6 in a couple years and maybe sell this. How are those coil overs for launching the car? Regular street use? Up here is CT its a shitty ride. Plenty of pot holes and ripped up roads.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by buddhaz06
I plan on a UD pulley, tune, and some new slicks. Possibly tick master cylinder. Then I HOPE a 10.99 pass!
Nice

Originally Posted by MT0911
I plan on slapping on some new tires and adding in a few suspension pieces:

Pfadt Trans Mount
ECS Trans Brace

And I also plan on adding a Monster Stage 2 clutch with the Tick Master mod. Other than that I'm going to go back for a dyno tune and I'm just going to drive the hell out of her!
I agree. Wish there were a few more folks around my way to drive the hell out of it with

Quick Reply: Spring is here! What are plans for the Vette?