Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Twin Turbo C5Z - Huron Speed Products Twin 68/70's

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Twin Turbo C5Z - Huron Speed Products Twin 68/70's

So a couple months back we made the decision to jump on board the twin turbo train. Huron Speed Products was going to release their long anticipated corvette system and I was lucky enough to work with them on this project.

The build consisted of using the following:

427 LSX with Mast Heads
Huron Speed Twin Turbo System with Precision 68/70 Gen 2 Turbos.

When the parts began to arrive I knew this system was no nonsense and done right, it was about to fill a hole in the corvette turbo market that no one had been able to do before. Everything was of the highest quality and everything was thought of.

321 Stainless Manifolds and Hot Side
T4 Turbos
3" Downpipes
3" Air Inlets with Filters
Gravity Drain
Great Gate placement and a large quality gate
4.5" Bell Intercooler (not some cheap china crap)
Complete exhaust from turbo to tips, 3" stainless all the way back.

The process of building the engine and getting it up and running took a couple months, but the pay off so far has been more than worth it.

The initial results confirmed that this kit is going to make killer power..

The first dyno session resulted in 801/780 SAE on 93/Meth @ 10psi (gates held rock steady, zero boost creep)

As the car hadn't been fitted with a boost controller we ordered new gate springs and headed back to the dyno. Now we knew this time around that one of two things were going to happen. It was going to run out of fuel or the clutch was going to let go. Well it ended up being the clutch as the fuel system was only at 75% IDC on the only clean pull we got to stick and the tune was fat as hell. As soon as we leaned it up, it blew through the clutch as soon as the turbo spooled. The nearly 4 year old Mantic twin just wasn't up to the task, we will have a prototype mantic quad in it soon enough though!!

So the numbers... At 18psi and 10.0 AFR it made 1028/933 on 93/meth effortlessly. As I mentioned, as soon as we tried to lean it up, it blew through the clutch on spool. I have no doubt its making north of 1100whp one dialed in at 18psi. All this with the kit 100% as shipped, no dyno trickery, no pulling air filters, no nonsense...

We are currently pulling the car apart to have the hot side thermal coated, once that's done it will go back together with a bigger fuel system, the Mantic Quad prototype, and some more PSI's!!

Hands Down the best corvette turbo kit available!!

Big Thanks To Everyone Invovled!

Jon @ Huron Speed for bringing such an amazing and capable turbo system to production as well as the awesome customer support.

Mike Van Paris, Ted, and Stephen @ The Race Engine Shop in San Diego CA for this bad *** 427 LSX.

Halston Harrist @ H Squared Racing Engines in Houston TX for building me a gorgeous set of Mast heads.

Bret Bradbury @ LS - Performance in Forney TX for the technical support, parts sales, and just being a great friend when I was having one of those "throw this piece of $hit in the garbage" days!

Jon Schroder @ JDS Fab for all the technical support and vision that made this whole thing possible.

Brian Tooley @ Brian Tooley Racing for taking the time to work with Bret and come up with the killer cam that powers this beast.

Jesse Riggle and Jeff Smith @ Late Model Throttle in Waukesha WI for the tuning support and dyno time.

If I missed you, text me and call me an a$$hole. So many people have been involved with this build that it is hard to keep track sometimes.

Onto the pics! Thanks Everyone for stopping to check it out. If you have any questions you can PM me or I can put you in touch with Jon @ Huron Speed.

Last edited by breecher_7; 10-31-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Old 10-31-2016, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Old 10-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Old 10-31-2016, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane