Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Will be installing this Deep A4 transmission pan

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will be installing this Deep A4 transmission pan

Will be road racing our 00' coupe with stock TC/trans again and I want to keep the temps down.......been looking at the different coolers, but as an experiment, I will be trying this one:

http://www.yourcovers.com/tp_8650-3.shtml
Some of our members have the earlier version created by East Coast Transmissions, http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ansmission+pan
this is suppose to be the final production one.
I does take a stock filter, comes with all mounting hardware, fill & drain plugs and will add 4 quarts. I did call because the information on their webpage isn't very clear to me.....
If this doesn't keep it cool enough, I will also add a Moroso cooler like the one on my 97.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forget experimenting and heating your trans, but first off WHYYYY road race an auto???, whatever.... listen to me and install the pump and cooler while you have it apart, you'll be doing it anyway.... you should know allready how much hotter the auto's run to begin with...

btw, dont forget the Lucas Oil's!!!

Last edited by Assassin; 07-28-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Assassin
forget experimenting and heating your trans, but first off WHYYYY road race an auto???, whatever.... listen to me and install the pump and cooler while you have it apart, you'll be doing it anyway.... you should know allready how much hotter the auto's run to begin with...
btw, dont forget the Lucas Oil's!!!
Because many don't and many say...............It can't be done!
My days of replacing clutches @ 25K miles are gone..no ACL in the LH knee doesn't help either!
Tuning is key for shift firmness, quickness and MPH
I set our cars up to drag race, road race & autox and be a daily driver
Last summer my Wife and I road raced both the coupe this is going on and my 97' (2 coolers)
last year w/o issue other than the 00' coupe got to 270 after a hard 20 minute session........no suprise. The 97' never went past 235 in the heat.
I like to test stuff one at a time and I have room on this car to put a deep pan.......my 97' has 3" exhaust so it will not fit.
Time will tell after some more
Old 08-10-2006, 05:43 AM
10 Second Club

Its on , had to grind a little to slip it past the exhaust, no problem or a suprise. Fluid looks good for a hard 49K, very little grit in the pan. Road clearance looks good to me
Time to put in some fluid and hit the road this weekend

Old 08-10-2006, 05:44 AM
10 Second Club

Old 08-14-2006, 12:07 PM
10 Second Club

I finished up the filling this weekend..........1/2 quart shy of putting in 2 gallons to fill her up .
Only final mod...........hex key too big to fit with the exhaust. I had some other pipe plugs for a 9/16" wrench but..........thats to easy
Fixed it right up :thumbs:

We took it out for a hard 2 hour drive with errands.........manual shifting 90% of the time as I always do.....(down & up) and driving mostly in 2nd to watch the temps up to RL.
On a sunny 85 deg day the trans temp never got over 205 in traffic and 201 down the road at speed. Use to get up to at least 220 with the same driving......time will tell, heck it's lasted 49K miles......the way we drive it its about 25K more than I would have thought by now

Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Neat fit, good results.

Would it have gone straight in if you'd dropped the exhaust pipes, or would you still need to grind?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Launching!

nice, clean work.........

Quick Reply: Will be installing this Deep A4 transmission pan