Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C6 H/C Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 H/C Dyno Results

The shop just called today, so no dyno graph to post yet (picking up the car tomorrow).

463rwhp and 415rwtq (SAE) from an A4/3.15 car with 3200 stall Yank!!!!!!!!! And it was 99 degrees in the shop. They did 3 back to back dyno pulls when the car was hot and only a 2hp drop.

Was super happy. Engine Mod list:

LPE Stage III heads (60cc)
224/228 .588 114 (very street friendly cam with flat curve, been running it for a few months)
LPE MAF
LPE CAI
FAST 90
UD Pulley
Kooks 1 3/4 hi flows
Magnaflow Catback

Other mods:
Yank 3200 converter
Bilsteins

I was at 399rwhp with just cam and Stinger CAI (measured in March temps). Shop isn't a sponsor I think, so just didn't list them.

Can't wait to drive it! Now a 100-150 shot for these times of extreme need, and lots of new rear tires .
Old 08-16-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds right about right for a 6.0... nice numbers for an auto man. Very nice.

Highly recommend the "shot"... you'll love it.

Have fun man.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Sounds right about right for a 6.0... nice numbers for an auto man. Very nice.

Highly recommend the "shot"... you'll love it.

Have fun man.
Thanks bro. I was very happy with the numbers through the stall and in the heat with such a small cam. The highest I've seen on Corvette Forum is 443 with a bigger cam and ETP heads. Dyno'd at a shop that seems to have similar #s to mine, so pretty good comparison.

I'm thinking the 100-150 shot will be just the ticket for those special needs. Along with a built tranny and DTE 3.42 rear.

Me, you and Doug (allngnC5) need to meet up in a mid-way state and have some fun! Bring everybody and have a national cruise .

Keep baggin those FL wins and bring us the good vids!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Staging Lane

NIce numbers.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty dang impressive. How'd the heads spec out?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys. The heads are Lingenfelter 243 castings, ported, 2.055 intake/1.57 exhaust with a 60cc chamber. Don't have any flow #s (not sure LPE will/has release them). I've seen worse numbers on comparable dynos with bigger cams and different heads. I was impressed with the number on such a small cam and in the dyno conditions. On a 6spd C6, it would have been 480-500rwhp on just h/c with mild cam.

Hope it drives as well as the dyno shows.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Couple more details on the numbers. It was 464rwhp, unlocked converter (very efficient, only picked up 3 locked) and 26 degrees of timing at WOT (30 picked up 6hp, so we backed it down in anticipation of a 125 shot).

Thing feels great. Gotta learn to drive again...feathering a downshift on an A4 is a bitch. Flooring it anywhere under 50mph just lights them up. Time to get rid of the runcraps.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigRon77
Thanks bro. I was very happy with the numbers through the stall and in the heat with such a small cam. The highest I've seen on Corvette Forum is 443 with a bigger cam and ETP heads. Dyno'd at a shop that seems to have similar #s to mine, so pretty good comparison.

I'm thinking the 100-150 shot will be just the ticket for those special needs. Along with a built tranny and DTE 3.42 rear.

Me, you and Doug (allngnC5) need to meet up in a mid-way state and have some fun! Bring everybody and have a national cruise .

Wow, I got a mention in the same sentence as V-Tech and Big Ron. I am not doing to well in the racing dept, but I still go out and run. LOL

I think I must be about 10 wins 30 losses. Must be from picking on the big boys. Anyways thanks for mentioning my name among such elite company as yourself and Jamie (v-tech)

Congrats on those #'s through an AUTO. Quite impressive. BigRon we'll have to meet up in Wiley, TX at LG when I get down there next year if the money situation is right. Thanks and congrats again. Later.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Wow, I got a mention in the same sentence as V-Tech and Big Ron. I am not doing to well in the racing dept, but I still go out and run. LOL

I think I must be about 10 wins 30 losses. Must be from picking on the big boys. Anyways thanks for mentioning my name among such elite company as yourself and Jamie (v-tech)

Congrats on those #'s through an AUTO. Quite impressive. BigRon we'll have to meet up in Wiley, TX at LG when I get down there next year if the money situation is right. Thanks and congrats again. Later.
10/30...I call it traction and racing insane cars!!!! Meet you any time you're in TX, steak and beer on me! I was just flattering myself by throwing your and Jamie's names around .

Now I just gotta find something better than a 1997 green civic with white ground effects and lots of stickers with a 3 foot wing that wants to run. Stick to those Doug...pop up those wins real fast!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Nice numbers. If you make it to the trake make sure to post your times.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Awesome bro... your gonna CRUSH cars on the spray...and your gonna walk almost anything on motor. Nothing quite like it. SUPERCARS BEWARE!!!

Awesome. Hope your having fun with it man....i'll do my best to represent down here in south FLA.

At some point or another....we're all bound to meet up somewhere. Probably some prison somewhere.

Lol. see ya.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

10/30...I call it traction and racing insane cars!!!! Meet you any time you're in TX, steak and beer on me! I was just flattering myself by throwing your and Jamie's names around .

Now I just gotta find something better than a 1997 green civic with white ground effects and lots of stickers with a 3 foot wing that wants to run. Stick to those Doug...pop up those wins real fast!

You guys are both crazy.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Awesome bro... your gonna CRUSH cars on the spray...and your gonna walk almost anything on motor. Nothing quite like it. SUPERCARS BEWARE!!!

Awesome. Hope your having fun with it man....i'll do my best to represent down here in south FLA.

At some point or another....we're all bound to meet up somewhere. Probably some prison somewhere.

Lol. see ya.
I'm mapping out the system now...trying to find some good bottle mount positions. Hopefully have it in next couple weeks.

Well, Doug's a cop and I'm a lawyer, so maybe we can keep our sorry asses out of prison .

Keep whoopin' *** for the Vette bros!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Ron, just curious, but how many miles on my twin sister car? I'm at 7,100 now.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Hey Ron, just curious, but how many miles on my twin sister car? I'm at 7,100 now.
That's because you have so many other goodies to drive!!!!!!!!!! I take my car as much as I can, consider it a DD for now. I have 16K and doing fine. 8K with cam/headers only, 5K with headers only.

Only issue I've had/are having is the fuel guage reading issue (which only shows up in extreme heat after driving for an hour+). I think mine is software related, but I'm not going to bother with it (would require ECM flash to stock so GM could update, etc.). I'll wait until warranty is about up and then replace the ECM (only $250 anyway). If that doesn't fix it, then I'll let GM replace the fuel sender cards! Oh, Onstar module went out and hatch exterior button froze up, but I could give a crap about either. Had them both replaced.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

my fuel gauge started malfunctioning the day I drove the car home from Plano. It would show empty and such, while driving. I took it in and the dealership reflashed the PCM with a newer update and it cured the problem. That was when my car was stock though, a week later I installed the cam/super.

If your tuner can save your file, you should be able to go get the thing flashed/fixed and then take it back to the tuner and he can flash your current tuning back in.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice numbers, Big Ron. Congrats. Your car is a wolf in wolf's clothing .

Ryan
Old 08-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
my fuel gauge started malfunctioning the day I drove the car home from Plano. It would show empty and such, while driving. I took it in and the dealership reflashed the PCM with a newer update and it cured the problem. That was when my car was stock though, a week later I installed the cam/super.

If your tuner can save your file, you should be able to go get the thing flashed/fixed and then take it back to the tuner and he can flash your current tuning back in.
The reflash isn't a problem necessarily, it's the fact that the car won't drive with the stock programming!!!!! Damn us idiot modders.

However, my performance guys are super nice and will take the cable to the GM dealership (we're all friendly) so he can flash the ECM without it being in the car. It's so intermittent that I just chose not to go through the hassle or put them through it for now.

Mine didn't act up until about a month or so ago (when it got really hot), and only does it a couple times a month, if any.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 96-speed
Nice numbers, Big Ron. Congrats. Your car is a wolf in wolf's clothing .

Ryan
That's funny. You'd be surprised how few see the small Lingenfelter badges on the fender...until it's too late! Stock Vette, she ain't.

Can't wait until it cools down and I can log some track time.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm mapping out the system now...trying to find some good bottle mount positions. Hopefully have it in next couple weeks.

Well, Doug's a cop and I'm a lawyer, so maybe we can keep our sorry asses out of prison .

Keep whoopin' *** for the Vette bros!

Well...maybe I can keep both of you busy.

I can speed...he can arrest me.....you can get me out of ****.

lol.

Peace out man. Have fun with the beast.