Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7
Old 05-03-2016, 11:37 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Front Parking Light / Turn Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Parking Light / Turn Indicator

Guys: just recently my left turn signal indicator has started to flash as if a bulb was out. I checked and sure enough the front driver's side parking light / turn indicator below the headlights has gone out.

I can't figure out how to get to the bulb without taking off the front fender or removing the headlight. Does anyone know how to change these bulbs?

Also the driver's side headlamp is loose (shakes a little while I drive). Is there a mount that these rest on that can go bad or need tightening? The passenger side seems fine.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 04-01-2007, 09:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not too familiar with C5s, but I'll bet there is a flip-down panel underneath the front of the car (in front of the tire) that you need to unbolt to reach up inside. Need to get the car on some rhino ramps or jackstands to do this. Similar to the 98-02 Firebirds.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Default Bulb

I heard if you have small enough hands you can get at it by moving the brake duct in the front bumper.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Default Here you go.

Found on the Corvette Forum.

You'll get three suggestions

Go in through the brake ducts - not easy with a Z06 or if you have screens

Go in through the bottom by taking out the bottom panel

The one that works for me is:

Turn on the headlights and back off one position to kill the lights.
Unscrew the 3 small screws on the black plastic housing around the headlight. Gently pull the housing clear. Reach down around the headlight unit and release the bulb holder. It unscrews counter clockwise but it has a plastic clip which you need to squeeze to release it. Change the bulb. Reseat the bulb holder and turn until it clicks back in place. Put the plastic housing back in place making sure to locate the small plastic tab in the bracket on the headlamp cover. Replace the 3 screws and close the lights.

10 minute job.

The bulb is a 4157NA
Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck01
The one that works for me is:

Turn on the headlights and back off one position to kill the lights.
Unscrew the 3 small screws on the black plastic housing around the headlight. Gently pull the housing clear. Reach down around the headlight unit and release the bulb holder. It unscrews counter clockwise but it has a plastic clip which you need to squeeze to release it. Change the bulb. Reseat the bulb holder and turn until it clicks back in place. Put the plastic housing back in place making sure to locate the small plastic tab in the bracket on the headlamp cover. Replace the 3 screws and close the lights.

10 minute job.

The bulb is a 4157NA
For safety, you should also disconnect the battery with the headlights in the up position. It would suck to have something kick those on and shut on your hand.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chuck01
I heard if you have small enough hands you can get at it by moving the brake duct in the front bumper.
That's what I did, and it worked great. Took about 5 minutes per side
Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Good luck. I took a look one day and said no way.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

I turned the headlights on, then backed the switch down to turn them off, but leave them up. Then I took off the hood bumper(or whatever that thing is with the nut and rubber piece next to the headlight). Make sure you remember to just break the nut loose and keep track of it's original position. After that I just reached in and changed the bulb.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Default Lights

Another cool tip is to change your bulbs from yellow to white, that way during the day your dlrs are white and look like fog lights. Also remember, when you turn your reg. lights on these dim.

Last edited by chuck01; 05-24-2007 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Front Parking Light / Turn Indicator