Top fuel vids-pbir 1/18/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Top fuel vids-pbir 1/18/13

Well, I had a blast on Friday night at the "WINTER WARMUP @ PBIR" in West Palm Beach, Florida. Sorry to anyone that didn't get the chance to see them if you are local, it's a rare treat to get a chance to be this close to these cars. I had a superduper arm band so, I got this footage.... sorry for the occasional blur on the screen...the fuel on the lense and the temps would cause my camera phone to fog at times and loose focus. Shoulda used my hero3,,....anyways, this is from Friday night, 1/18/13 @ PBIR

The dude at the end of the COURTNEY video is my uncle lol....he couldn't believe how close we were to the cars. Like a little kid. Lol, good times. Hope you enjoy...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice..i went on friday, but got there around 7:30, and they were not selling tickets at that time, because supposedly the races were over, at least i got to see the flames coming out of there headers and a 3 sec pass at over 300 mph. i wanna go next year.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I love going to see those cars!! Nothing quite like it
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Glad you guys enjoyed the vids...anyone that missed it, very sorry to hear. The gator nationals will be in March but, I think i will wait till next year for PBIR again.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got lucky to be that close to Courtney I go to the 4 wide nationals in Charlotte every year to see them and its def. good times Nice vids
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1BAD98LS1
You got lucky to be that close to Courtney I go to the 4 wide nationals in Charlotte every year to see them and its def. good times Nice vids
Thank god someone noticed. Holy **** bro...I'm not the person to be star struck,..and I was cool(she was standing next to us before I was filming)....but,...something about her....maybe it's the 8,9, 10,000 hp she has vibrating her vagina weekly, I dunno....but, very cute, very sexy chick. I congratulated her, she smiled and said thank you. John Force, was a few feet behind her,..guessing that he saw me say something to his daughter, he was smiling but, he gave me that F you buddy look as he walked by me. lol.

It was great. Everyone was cool, crews were all very cool. I am very dissapointed that I didn't get a chance to make it in the pits,...as I was busy helping my family with aluminum tables, or @ the starting line. Here is a bonus from LAST years winter warmup....I was deff after these passes.....again,..I was never soo close to these TF cars like @ PBIR.

Enjoy...(watch your speaker sound at first.)

Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great videos. Never been to those kind of races but I think they are meant for the spectators to wear ear muffs? Lmao
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Great videos. Never been to those kind of races but I think they are meant for the spectators to wear ear muffs? Lmao
Just about everyone is weaing ear protection. For some stupid manly reason, I chose not to this time. Wasn't bad. You really need a gas mask to be as close as I was though. Eyes tear, hard to breathe...etc.

If you have never seen these cars in person,...you really must.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Just about everyone is weaing ear protection. For some stupid manly reason, I chose not to this time. Wasn't bad. You really need a gas mask to be as close as I was though. Eyes tear, hard to breathe...etc.

If you have never seen these cars in person,...you really must.

LOL... I bet, ive never been to those kinds of races before

I get sick just going to normal strip races! Lol all that burning out and stuff really gets to me, some loss of lifespan for sure. lol

Quick Reply: Top fuel vids-pbir 1/18/13