New best last night at Irwindale Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New best last night at Irwindale Speedway

After working on the car in MADMARK's garage for the last 6 weeks we made it out to the track for a few runs with the new setup. Mark really kicked a*s on this car and I can't thank him enough for everything.

Last time out my previous best was 7.821@89.05 with a 1.712 60' time. Race weight and DA in signature.

Since then we added a 231/237 TSP camshaft, Meziere Race EWP, Custom True Duals by Morse Muffler in Burbank, removed the Power Steering, HAL "R" front shocks, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Tuning done by Performance Associates in San Dimas, and some misc weight reduction.

New best last night was 7.518@94.37 with a 1.721 60' time.

Race weight is just about the same. We added a 6pnt Wolfe Roll Bar but dropped about that much weight out of the car removing the power steering, water pump, AIR, EGR, Hawker battery, and a bunch of other little stuff. DA was surpisingly in the 1000' range all night long.

The end result was a little over 5mph gained in the 1/8 and 3 tenths.

We weren't expecting any spectacular ET's because we had to give the ET streets one last shot for the year. We have been fighting with the ET streets all year. The first 60' the tires grab-spin-grab-spin-grab-spin and could never turn out any better than 1.7x 60' times. We will be back out the first week of January with a new set of 28" ET drags and hopefully see some 1.5x 60' times.

One of the best mods we've done to the car would the the Harlan 2-step. Last night was my first chance to try it out and it kicks a*s. Reaction times last night were .512, .514, .518, .520, .524, .664(doh) . I highly suggest it to anyone who plans on bracket racing and wants to be more consistant on the tree. It helps a lot not having to look at both the tach and the tree before the launch.

Thanks very much again to Mad Mark and Randy at Performance Associates.

Ross

Old 12-10-2004, 12:59 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new best. Nice reaction times also.

I loved my 2-step but ya can't use it in the N/E clas.

Coach
Old 12-10-2004, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
Congrats on the new best. Nice reaction times also.

I loved my 2-step but ya can't use it in the N/E clas.

Coach
Thanks Coach!

We're going to run the Summit ET series at Irwindale begging next year and thankfully they do allow 2-steps.

It helped out a lot with the launch as well. We started at 5500 spinning the tires pretty bad (1.8x 60'), but at 5000rpm it did a lot better given the tires and the track condition.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

your car is quick
i saw the runs in person
Old 12-15-2004, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice running car Ross. I have been reading your posts for sometime now. My wife bracket races at Irwindale in the Summit ET series, she used to race our 2001 SS in the sportsman category running 7.95s. Great series, very competitive. We were able to go to the Summit Finals, we should be out there next season as well. Can't say I have seen you out there, maybe ... hope to meet up sometime. I just hope people don't confuse your car for her. Good luck man!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Nice running car Ross. I have been reading your posts for sometime now. My wife bracket races at Irwindale in the Summit ET series, she used to race our 2001 SS in the sportsman category running 7.95s. Great series, very competitive. We were able to go to the Summit Finals, we should be out there next season as well. Can't say I have seen you out there, maybe ... hope to meet up sometime. I just hope people don't confuse your car for her. Good luck man!
Hey there!

I don't think we've ever met out at Irwindale, buy I have deffinately see Jennabella out there. I was at the Manufacturer's Cup (I think that's what it is called) at Irwindale a few months back, I believe Jennabella took second place in that race.

MADMARK was out in the car last thursday with a new set of tires for a few practice runs. Hopefully we can get the suspension dialed in for the beggining of next year. We are going to try to run the entire ET series at Irwindale next year.

Hope to see you out there soon.

Thanks Jamie33!

If either of you are out there, come on up and introduce yourselves. Always nice to meet new friends out at the track.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:03 PM

Nice driving! Good to know there are other quick six-speeds around here!
Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the 3rd Annual Manufacturer's Cup Challange was back in June. She was the number one qualifier for the final round. I am very proud of her!

We will also be running the ET series, it is a lot of fun, but very competitive. What class will you be running? The Pro ET class (13.99-10.00) or Super Pro (7.50-11.99)?

On the the first street legal drags at Irwindale, we'll be sure to look for you.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Yeah, the 3rd Annual Manufacturer's Cup Challange was back in June. She was the number one qualifier for the final round. I am very proud of her!

We will also be running the ET series, it is a lot of fun, but very competitive. What class will you be running? The Pro ET class (13.99-10.00) or Super Pro (7.50-11.99)?

On the the first street legal drags at Irwindale, we'll be sure to look for you.
I'm not sure which class we plan on running next year. I assume we will start with the Pro ET class our first time around and work our way up.

We'll be out there for the first TNT at Irwindale. I believe it is January 6th. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Quick Reply: New best last night at Irwindale Speedway