Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

******warning******

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ******warning******

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I'm extremely pissed off & had to say something.
If you are having problems, you DO NOT go down the track. If you're too stupid to get it,
maybe seeing it in writing will save somebodies life, maybe even your own.
If you have a leak, or wiring issue & definitely TIRE RUB, you don't throw duct tape on it & go.
You take the frigging thing home & fix it. You don't risk taking out the guy next to you, hurting him, killing him, or destroying his car.
That he probably worked his *** off to buy & race, that you probably can't or won't replace.

I'm done bitching, but please, don't be stupid, don't risk your life or anyone elses.
We want everyone to get home to their family safe & sound.

Thanks

Old 05-17-2009, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True.

The other thing is the fact that you risk destroying your own stuff, because you were too eager to go down the track. I have seen really nice cars total lost on their very first outing.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea i agree. but this is random so wat happened? someone hit you?
Old 05-17-2009, 08:13 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Buddy is laying in hospital & car is beyond destroyed because a guy had a problem all night & ran anyway.
What difference does a name & place make. Just wanted stupid or lazy people to think about what they are doing.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear that man i hope your friends alright or gets alright. but i completly agree with you. not only are you putting ppl at risk and other ppls property ur also riskin damage to what you have worked on. lik i said i pray that your friends ok
Old 05-17-2009, 08:34 AM
10 Second Sleeper Club

Really hope your friend recovers soon. Our prayers ar with him and his family. YOu are absolutely right and dead on with your post. Hope others will take it to heart. I won't go down the track if something even remotely looks like it has the potential to be a problem and have taught my son the same thing.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 AM

Had a buddy nearly get killed and his 68 Camaro lost it's life to some idiot who had a piece of crap 74 nova with bad front brakes. T-boned him in the lights when he thought he was going to break out and jammed on his broke *** brakes. My buddy was coming on STRONG at around 140 when he got hit. If not for his cage he would have died. Still broke some bones and limps now. Track should have shut that fool down earlier when we heard he ran off the side of the track after the lights. He knew he had problems with the brakes. My friend never did get any compensation for his injuries or the car.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

My prayers are with your fiend on a speedy recovery bro
Old 05-17-2009, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

I couldn't agree more. This is the reason we have tech at tracks. I'm sick of seeing these thrown together, piles of crap make it half way down the track with a leak and then put the track out of comission for 30 minutes while they clean it up.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

Couldn't agree more. How many times do you see after a guy leave's the line the track officials walk over and mop the fluid up and you see the same guy come around and they let him run again. The racer may not even know he's got an issue and the officials are too lazy to track him down and flag him for the night.
Sucks.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

I am very thankful that the track I normally run at stays on top of this stuff. I've traveled an hour to the track before, got right up to the staging line and had the throttle start hanging. I shut it down and got towed back to the trailer. It sucks to drive all that way and pay to get in, but it's much better than hurting yourself or others.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Im really sorry about hearing this and the fact your friend is hurt.I have complained to the officials about what they let run down the track and they just dont care.The only thing they look for it tech is if you have any leaks.Tech is really non existent,and i am very carefull who is in the lane next to me.I hope he recovers from his injuries.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:48 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

According to what he told his family?? the other racer told him his slick had damage & he kept running all night anyway.
I figured since he was such a nice guy he didn't want to make an issue about it, which he should have.
I just can't believe anyone could be that stupid to keep running with a tire issue.
I just want people to think about what they're doing. I know guys go a long way & spend hard earned money to race.
I'm sure everyone wants their friends & family to come home safe & sound.
Don't be in such a hurry, be patient, trust me I know it sucks to go all the way there & break.
I've been doing this since 1982, I've made that tow home more than once.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I always try and run on the opposite side of the return lane. If the return lane is on the right, I'll run on the left lane and vice versa because you can't count on other peoples junk, but you know how yours is. I had a guy lock his brakes up and go off the end of the track right in front of me trying to turn down the return lane, never again. I've worked hard for my car and put a lot of time and money into it and with my salary it can't just be recouped.

I also agree with you on the leak issue. I myself would like to know if I had a leak, no matter how small it is. Just let the drivers know so they can fix their ****, it could be as simple as tightening up a few bolts. Instead they let the leak continue and could possibly get on the tires and slam into your side.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this. It seems some only look hard at safety after something bad happens. I agree more people need to take a hard look at their own ride to make sure everything is good before making laps.

Derek
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I always try and run on the opposite side of the return lane. If the return lane is on the right, I'll run on the left lane and vice versa because you can't count on other peoples junk, but you know how yours is. I had a guy lock his brakes up and go off the end of the track right in front of me trying to turn down the return lane, never again. I've worked hard for my car and put a lot of time and money into it and with my salary it can't just be recouped.

I also agree with you on the leak issue. I myself would like to know if I had a leak, no matter how small it is. Just let the drivers know so they can fix their ****, it could be as simple as tightening up a few bolts. Instead they let the leak continue and could possibly get on the tires and slam into your side.
hard to run the same lane all the time when you are bracket racing, or heads up racing.
more than often someone is going to want lane choice.
most of the time when you qualify, you get 2 shots, which you have to run both lanes, or your faster time will not count.

sorry to hear about your friend.
ill back out of a race if i know something is up with the other car or driver.
lot of people like to half *** it.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your buddy. Hope everything works out in the end. Gotta love stupid people....
Old 05-23-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i once saw some guy heating his nitrous bottle with a propane torch. i was stuck in the lane by him, i was getting a little nervous sitting there.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

While I am sorry about your friend, and you are absolutley correct, I do have a question...

If you guys knew that the car next to you was having issue's all night, like you said...why did you make a pass next to him? Could always sit at light, let him get down track before you make pass and let him make a single. Again, NOT trying to start an argument or anything, but just throwing that out there in case it happnes again. because as we all know, you are ALWAYS going to have idiots and piece's of **** at the track regardless of how much we bitch and complain (NOT saying you are bitchin). I am on YOUR side
Old 05-23-2009, 02:31 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

I was asleep. I would have stood on the line until they dragged me away if I was there.
I think because he is such an easy going guy, he didn't want to make a big deal about a tire rubbing.
I, on the other hand, have a big mouth, and can be an extremely big ***......
I think worse case about everything. It pisses my wife off everyday.
She flies a lot & I bitch when she doesn't call right away.
I take enough chances with a dangerous job & a dangerous hobby.
So when I see something stupid & avoidable, I get bitchy.

Trust me, I had 4-5 guys after me when I caught some moron putting duct tape on a fender.
They didn't roll it, they just cut it & it was sharp as hell. It was rubbing, so they tried to tape it & I went ballistic.
I made them beat the hell out of it, so it had plenty of room.

No argument here, I've been doing this since '82 & roundy round before that.
Just trying to help the kids, new guys don't know or think about everything that can or will happen.