Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013 | 01:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car is coming together nicely! Looks great!!!!
Old 03-19-2013 | 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time is a hard thing to come by these days lol.
Old 04-11-2013 | 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Any pics of how the exhaust is routed? Or has that not been completed yet?
Old 06-15-2013 | 05:05 PM

I need help boosting my 12 to 1, small block 383 stroker....
Old 06-15-2013 | 05:11 PM

I need help boosting my 12 to 1, small block 383 stroker....
Old 06-15-2013 | 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the major delay. DMC has been in the process of getting things finished up. My plan and hopes are to be testing in the end of July or early August. If all goes well and everything looks good their may even be a small chance that it will make the NMCA race in Norwalk August 23-25. As of right now I have that in my plans. I will only make it if we have a handle on the whole deal. I have no reason to rush it since I have waited this long. If I don't my plan is to be at the Indy NMCA October 10th. Being the race is 2 miles from my house I have no reason not to be at it. As long as it is together it will be at the race.

Lot's have been going on. My time has been really focused on my Pro Stock Bike and I have not had a chance to do anything. DMC has sent me some pictures here and their but phone pictures really don't come out to good and are not worth posting. I do have some older one's that I never got around to getting up so here they are.

The last ones were of the ice tank and not complete. Well here is what it will look like with the cap.

Also the one rear shot of the car with the parachutes that I posted was a phone shot so here is one taken with that is a little better.

The DMC crew also worked on getting the engine bay area buttoned up. You saw the pasenger side got the oil tank recessed into it and he woked on getting the drivers side cleaned up a little so it would look as nice. The only thing that was still needed to be done at the time of the picture was the cut away for the drivers side exhaust. Here is what it looked like with the top done.

Passenger Side with the exhaust cut out done.

So the next step was to start on the exhaust. I wanted to do a duel exhaust with a small hidden bull horn so to have the proper ground & tire clearance the fire wall needed to have the cut out for the pipe. They made a stainless Y out of the turbo. Sorry for the picture quality

And then started on the rest of the system. As you can see we went with aluminum tube to save weight. I only have one picture of it getting done. Dennis has a ton more pictures that I haven't gotten yet so when he sends them I will update it.

The engine bay was just about finished but still needed one more thing done to help clean it up. With the current set up we were going to need to run a bunch of hoses for cooling etc... from the front of the engine so DMC made this killer cross over set up to allow us to only use 1 or 2 hoses instead of needing 4.

The next step was to get the front end mounted up. We are making it so the fenders and nose can be removed to make it easier to work on. Here is the nose getting mocked up

Moving onto the inside. That is in the process of getting buttoned up and finished. They got the last few things in and done.

Break pedal & Racepak Dash is in

Shifter is mounted and trans tunnel is finished

Well that about all I can do for tonight. I will try to update the post with mounting of the electronics etc... and exhaust stuff In the next couple days. Thanks Ed
Old 06-16-2013 | 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

That water crossover is sick!!!
Old 06-18-2013 | 05:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by droksformula
That water crossover is sick!!!
Yes it sure is. DMC did a killer job on it. If someone is interested give them a call. I think they have a few. As you can see it works with all the fron drive stuff and helps make the front of the engine much cleaner looking with hoses coming out one side.

Old 06-19-2013 | 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Honestly that crossover almost looks to nice.
Old 07-28-2013 | 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What ECU are you running Eddie?
Old 07-29-2013 | 12:59 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do your "sponsors" care that it is taking this long?
Old 07-31-2013 | 07:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blown06
Do your "sponsors" care that it is taking this long?
Why would you think that is a factor? All has been paid for and the reason I post stuff is for the enjoyment of sharing of the build. I have watched many builds on many forums and said that if I get a chance to build something someday I would like to log it in a build thread. I feel it helps show and educate people that are looking at the same parts or give ideas to people as they do their build. I also think it helps inspire others to post what they are doing up. When I get time I love to read build threads on here or other places. It doesn't matter if it is a back yard build or pro build they all are cool to see happen.

Should this take as long as it has. Maybe or maybe not. When I started this deal I never thought it would have take a better part of 2 1/2 years but it has. Some days I wish I just paid off my house with the money spent to build it and get everything and other days I can't wait to get to drive it. In the end it is not my main focus so it is hard to get after things sometimes.

Now I have everything booked, set and ready to bring it home Aug 17..... As long as all is well I will be driving on the 18th from DMC with the car in my hands. I'm hoping it is 100% finished but if it has some little things to be done I will have to find time to do it before I can race it. I plan on posting whatever I can in the next week or so.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2013 | 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for taking the time to update your thread Eddie. Your build thread has inspired me to step up my program and chase after my dream. Hope all goes well with the car in the next few weeks. If you don't make Norwalk, ADRL PDR is the first week in September.
Old 07-31-2013 | 08:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DEFYANT
What ECU are you running Eddie?
To be honest that is the one thing that took me the longest to make up my mind on. I looked at a lot of options but ended up with a BigStuff Setup.

The main reason is they are proven and work well. With ECU's you have a ton of options and could spend all day but in the end the BigStuff box works and is half the price of some of the other units and they all do the same thing to some extent. One key thing is the Racepak VNET cable hook-up. I spent some time talking to John on what is really needed and I ended up getting my box with the following things.

Base box with DAE & DAI for doing internal data-logging.
Can VNET for use with a Racepak
Distributor based SR2 for traction control
Internal Boost Controller
4 Bar map sensor
02 Set up
Coolant Temp
Air Temp

All in all the box should do everything needed to get it done. I chose to go with the boost control set-up built into the box since I hear great things about it. I know a ton of guys that use it and love it. So I plan on giving it a try. I also have the Racepak stuff on the car for data-logging. The other nice thing is the that between the MSD Power Grid, Racepak & Big Stuff I can put them onto the VNET hook up for logging and watch many things. It should be a nice set up.
Old 07-31-2013 | 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Right on Eddie. I hope all of it is done when you bring it home.

Maybe you can bring it to the LSX shootout/NMCA world street finals in Oct. at Lucas Oil Raceway.
Old 08-01-2013 | 12:35 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec
Why would you think that is a factor? All has been paid for and the reason I post stuff is for the enjoyment of sharing of the build. I have watched many builds on many forums and said that if I get a chance to build something someday I would like to log it in a build thread. I feel it helps show and educate people that are looking at the same parts or give ideas to people as they do their build. I also think it helps inspire others to post what they are doing up. When I get time I love to read build threads on here or other places. It doesn't matter if it is a back yard build or pro build they all are cool to see happen.

Should this take as long as it has. Maybe or maybe not. When I started this deal I never thought it would have take a better part of 2 1/2 years but it has. Some days I wish I just paid off my house with the money spent to build it and get everything and other days I can't wait to get to drive it. In the end it is not my main focus so it is hard to get after things sometimes.

Now I have everything booked, set and ready to bring it home Aug 17..... As long as all is well I will be driving on the 18th from DMC with the car in my hands. I'm hoping it is 100% finished but if it has some little things to be done I will have to find time to do it before I can race it. I plan on posting whatever I can in the next week or so.

Thanks
I wasn't bagging on you, just wondering if that is an issue or not. I guess I'm a little unclear on how all this is being paid for. None of my business I know...and I don't really want to know.

Just wondering if parts are sponsored, does the company donating those parts care how long it takes to get exposure other than this website.
Old 08-02-2013 | 08:58 AM
8 Second Club

I wasn't bagging on you, just wondering if that is an issue or not. I guess I'm a little unclear on how all this is being paid for.
Hopefully by winning.

Sick car can't wait to see it on the track.
Old 08-02-2013 | 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Eddie are you gonna let Byron tune it?
Old 08-10-2013 | 05:15 PM
On The Tree

I have a couple questions if you don't mind answering. How much is the rear end narrowed and what is the width and back spacing of the wheels?
Old 08-13-2013 | 09:08 PM
Launching!

I wasn't bagging on you, just wondering if that is an issue or not. I guess I'm a little unclear on how all this is being paid for. None of my business I know...and I don't really want to know.

Just wondering if parts are sponsored, does the company donating those parts care how long it takes to get exposure other than this website.
I was not trying to make it like you bagging on me but more or less stating that the parts were never just sent or un-paid for. I wish that was the case but it sure is not. I knew the car was going to take time to build to I never thought it was going to take this long. It is a mix of 10 things that is taking this but in the end it will be done 99% and the reason I say 99% is nothing is ever finished. I changed a few things through the build and or added stuff to it. Lead time in getting things also played a role but in the end DMC and both are just busy. I told Dennis from DMC work on it when he gets time and in the end that may not have been the best way to go about it. He has been thrashing to have it done in the time frame I need it now.

I planed on getting the car done this past winter but my job kept from even thinking about it. In return since I was not pushing it didn't get really worked on. I was not until the last 3 months that I have had a chance to even think about it. I was going to get it last week but they feel a little behind on it and I opted to wait the next few weeks so it will be painted and hopefully track tested when I get it back. I still plan on trying to have it done for October and able to race so we will see how it goes. I hope to post a bunch of stuff ASAP I'm just waiting on some odd and ends to be done then it would be great to show everybody where it is at as of this day. I'm just missing a bunch of pictures between the time line that has been posted so I don't want to post them up. Thanks

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build