Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013 | 07:48 AM
8 Second Club

Just read over your thread and this is incredible Top notch work all around cant wait to see it on the ground
Old 12-12-2013 | 07:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blown06
I might have missed but, what are yall thinking this car will weigh race ready before ballast?
To be honest we are not sure. My goal was to have it come in at 2900 ready to go down the track. I would hope and like to think it should make it no issue. I'm thinking we will end up having to add 500lbs to get legal at most races. My thought process was to build it once as light as we can so we never have to go and find a way to remove some more. I still can change the doors but I thought having power windows would be cool.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2013 | 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have any pictures of the work done under the car?

It's beautiful work.
Old 12-14-2013 | 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Cant wait to see it at IRP this summer makin some hits.
Old 12-21-2013 | 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

Great looking build, in for more updates/pics as the build finishes up.
Old 12-22-2013 | 06:04 PM
Launching!

Well I have some more picture updates to post. In the last set I didn't post any of the front clip off the car so I thought I could start with some so you can see the mounting set-up.

Here it is. We also will have the headlights mounted to the nose of the 2 upright tubes behind the lights but they were not on at the time of the pictures but it will allow you to get the idea.

Next thing was getting some color onto the main body. I wanted to keep the whole engine bay area the same color as the main body so it looks clean. We could have made tubes black and the firewall and some other body parts blue but I thought it would look much cleaner this way. Here is how it turned out.

Next was to start dressing the engine and getting it ready to put into it's home.

For most of the bolted on parts in the engine bay and front suspension I went with a black gloss powdercoat but it will have some items that will be a darker silver to help break it up a little and add some color. Here are a few shots of the engine sitting in between the frame rails.

Well guys this is all I have at this point in time. I hope to have a few more for you throughout this coming week but with the holidays it may be hard to get a bunch more done and up. I was planning on picking the car next week but as you can see we are a little behind but the light is bright at the end of the tunnel. The guys at DMC will be pushing hard to get buttoned up 100% in the coming weeks and as I get pictures you will get updates. Our goal is to have the engine bay, interior & wiring 100% together by the first week of Jan and the car on the ground rolling by Jan 18th. The only thing from that point will be the final paint on the outside to blend the front clip and back half of the shell so it all matches and looks like new. Stay tuned and as it progresses hopefully I can post it up.

Happy holidays
Old 12-22-2013 | 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

This is a beautiful car Eddie. I love the updates and the quality of work. I am looking forward to a fire up video and first track passes.
Old 12-23-2013 | 01:02 AM
8 Second Truck Club

In the event it doesn't run worth a crap..........at least it looks good.
Old 12-23-2013 | 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Nothing like seeing paint getting put down! After that you know it's time for final assembly. It's a great feeling when building a car.
Old 12-23-2013 | 02:59 PM
Launching!

Getting paint onto it sure is exciting. The car was built and everything mocked and fitted like the brake lines, fire system and wire harness so it should lay out rather quick and easy. Just some little things needed final fit but no fab work should be needed. Hopefully I will have some more pictures after the holidays.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2013 | 03:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I remember when that car was a baby. Here it is in 05.
Attached Thumbnails 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build-dsc02028.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013 | 11:31 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I remember when that car was a baby. Here it is in 05.
How cool is that
Old 12-24-2013 | 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Very cool!
Old 01-07-2014 | 06:08 PM
Launching!

Hey guys. I hope it's warm wherever you are but in Indy the high temperature in the last 3 days has been -6 and as cold as -18 degrees so I thought it would be great to make a quick post. We do have a warming trend starting to happen today but I still will not call 9 degrees a heat wave but I will take it.

DMC has been hard at work getting the final things done to car and putting stuff back together as they go. They got hit with a bad snow storm last week as well so it slowed some things down a bit but it looks more like a car everyday. They have been working on the inside trying to get all the stuff and installed. Before that could be done it needed some paint work done and that is what I thought would be great to get posted today.

The inside of the car is going to be sprayed in a satin black. We also chose a satin black powdercoat for all the charge tubes, mounts etc.... inside to help keep it looking clean and allow a lot of stuff to blend in. We wanted it to look stealth. The nice thing should be when you look inside the car the parts are not just going to stick out but hopefully blend right in together.

Here is Pete blowing it all off after a little sanding and scuffing of the tubes

Here is how the inside paint looked when Pete was finished with it.

Just a up close of the finish & color

The carpet laid out to help the wrinkles flatten out a little

Hopefully I can get some stuff from Dennis in the next few days and I will post them as soon as I do. I know it doesn't show much but it shows progress and things are getting close.
Old 01-07-2014 | 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

Real nice!!

Looking forward to seeing this car run some numbers.
Old 01-08-2014 | 01:00 AM
8 Second Truck Club

very nice
Old 01-08-2014 | 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

very nice..

Devil in a Blue Dress is what comes to mind..
Old 01-08-2014 | 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

great as always!
Old 01-10-2014 | 09:56 PM
Launching!

Well I left off the other day with the carpet getting layed out so the wrinkles could smooth out in it. While that was happening the next step was to get the interior parts and start trimming them to fit in the areas that were no longer stock. The big area was in the rear around the wheel tubs. The key was to take some time and make sure nothing was over cut since you can't go and just add it back on. After a little bit of time this is what they looked like fit into place.

Passenger Side

Drivers Side

Next was to get the carpet laid onto the tubs

Following that was to get the carpet into the back half of the car. Everything was covered in the back that could be seen to make sure the car has that clean look to it. It takes a good bit of time to make sure you can get into the cracks but the time was well worth it. Here is how it came out.

Now moving onto the front half of the car. The hard part here is getting it to forum onto the trans tunnel and not bunch up and lay smooth. This was the result

As the carpet was just getting finished up some powdercoated stuff showed up

It was a great time to throw the ice tank into it's spot to see how it would look

Since a few extra powdercoated parts came in for the front end it was time to button up all the front suspension from Midwest Chassis. Here is a picture of how it looks all bolted in

Once I get the pictures of the charge tubes etc... all installed I will post up the completed interior pictures. I will try my best to keep you guys updated.
Thanks Ed
Old 01-10-2014 | 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

So beautiful I want to cry!! What kind of carpet is that?

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build