Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
So beautiful I want to cry!! What kind of carpet is that?
X2 on the carpet.

Also a source.

Beautiful job. I'm so jealous.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
So beautiful I want to cry!! What kind of carpet is that?
I spoke to Dennis and he doesn't even know the brand. He has a local interior guy around him that he gets it from. He says it I a little expensive but is the best he has ever used and is why he gets it. Anyone looking for some would be best to call DMC Racing about it.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec
I spoke to Dennis and he doesn't even know the brand. He has a local interior guy around him that he gets it from. He says it I a little expensive but is the best he has ever used and is why he gets it. Anyone looking for some would be best to call DMC Racing about it.

Thanks
Thanks Eddie, carpet just looks nice, sure it's not heavy either I imagine.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:54 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

This thing is a work of art. Can't wait to see the end result. Beautiful so far!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Updates? Seriously I need some motivation to work on my car!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Eddie was supposed to get the car a couple weeks ago now, but there just happened to be a pretty major snow storm throughout the Midwest and east coast over his travel dates. Now with his upcoming NHRA PSB test and race schedule he has just decided to leave the car with DMC to get completed. It should be home wihtin a few more weeks now so he can do the finishing touches and get it race prepped.

DMC has done a awesome job on the fab work, the MWC rearend and full suspension will keep him hooked up and straight, and the Billy Briggs power will for sure make a top contender with Eddie's ride. Stay tuned!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FOSTER21
Updates? Seriously I need some motivation to work on my car!
I have a few things but have not had a whole lot of time. Quite a few things are finished up and honestly I haven't had a chance to post some of it. As mentioned I was going to get the car (Feb 15th) 2 weeks ago and all my travel got screwed by weather. Someone actually drove my truck out and was on the way to DMC and my flights got cancelled. The bad weather was for that whole week since that storm traveled east and they couldn't get me onto a flight until the following Thursday. I couldn't leave town this past weekend so I was kind of stuck on what I could do. As of now my truck is in NJ and I have to set plans to head out and pick it up and bring the car back. My only issue now is I head out next weekend to go testing and then off to the Gainesville NHRA race the following weekend. So I'm going to be out for the next 2 weeks as of now.

The car is really close at this time. It needs a few small things buttoned up, some paint work and fired up and a base tune done. Now hopefully during the time I can't get it Dennis and the guys at DMC can get the paint on it and maybe even have a chance to get it on the dyno. We will see. As of right now it is at DMC until I can get some time and get back up to get it. It looks to be in the later part of March.

Well anyway here are some of the update pictures.

Eric at MidWest Chassis built all the suspension stuff and finished up the rear housing for the car. As always Eric & the guy at MWC make some really nice proven products. Here is a few pictures of it in the works.

MWC Tig welds the housing resulting in a much nicer finish than a mig'ed housing

Talked about packing your product nicely

With the housing bolted into the car we were able to get in onto the ground to see how the car will sit. Here is it on the ground for the first time.

Well that is what I have for right now and hopefully I can get some more pictures on progress from DMC. Once I have them I will be sure to post them. Hopefully I can have this thing running and at a track early spring. If all works out well on my end I do plan on hitting the May NMCA Chicago event. I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to see the car is getting close, should be alot of fun. Lookin forward to seeing it in person.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

This car is amazing! I wish I had the time, skill, and equipment to do this kinda stuff.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Eddie u got some pics of the rear wing and info on who done it? I see it in the background in 1 of the pics and I'm lookn for 1 for my trans am I'm building! Btw the car is badass!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:49 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure DMC or MWC did the wing.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 3stgstocker
Eddie u got some pics of the rear wing and info on who done it? I see it in the background in 1 of the pics and I'm looking for 1 for my trans am I'm building! Btw the car is badass!
Sorry man. I have been quite busy the last 2 weeks with racing etc... I hope to have a few updates in the next week to post. I just need all the pictures of it going back together 100% and final things getting finished up.

The top of the wing was made by Joe Van O. We used just the top and not the side spill plates supplied. DMC racing did all the install & made the side spill plates to match the car and the look we were going for. The plates that came with the wing were flat carbon and I wanted the sides to follow the bodylines and curve of the car so they were made from aluminum. Dennis did a killer on it and I'm really happy with the way it came out. Here are a few pictures.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Launching!

man thanks for those pics just what i want for my trans am but im keeping my hatch functional so i wanted to mount it rite under hatch on top of taillights where the hatch sits down on top of it. how long did it take u 2 get it from joe van o and do u have a number or anybody else that has them?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Words can't describe how nice that car is. Wow
Old 03-23-2014, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Lookin good Eddie. I bet you can't wait to get it home! I can't wait to see it at IRP.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Its coming together nicely. The attention to detail and quality of work is top notch. I am ready to see it make some passes.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Philly Fakeout!

What rear hatch is that? Glasstek or VFN and is it hinged or pin on?
Old 04-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadCompanySS
What rear hatch is that? Glasstek or VFN and is it hinged or pin on?
I got the hatch from VFn and it is a bolt on. It took a little work to make fit nice but it worked out good with a little work.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Launching!

So I got a few updates.

I know some were asking about the rear suspension & underside of the car so that is what I'm going to post today. The first thing was to get the whole underside clear of everything and to start with a clean slate.

So the rear lower control arm mounts are not really reinforced very well on the F Body cars. DMC Racing wanted something that was built into the frame support so Dennis did a little fab work. First he took some measurements and then removed the stock one

Next thing was to fab up a plate and put some solid mounting point under it

In the end the mounting point was tied into some structure and our fabed up mounting plate had a few extra holes.

The Midwest Chassis Torque Arm uses a swinging style front mount rather than a slide mount in the tube. One of the things that this does is minimize the chance of any type of binding. DMC made a mount on the crossmember to bolt the whole set up to. Here is what it looked like when finished

The final thing to get finished up was on the rear end. Dennis wanted to keep things tracking straight by using a wishbone in the back. He cut and welded some tubes up and it ended up looking like this

Here is a shot of the bottom side from the front to the back

Next up the painting of the underside

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build