Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progress for the 2010 season

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Progress for the 2010 season

Well this may be a little late, but I'm gonna finally start getting ready for the new racing season and figured I'd update you guys along the way .

So far I'm going to a Th350 RMVB and T-Brake, adding a little more to the cage, a little more weight reduction, and a custom handbuilt Anti-roll bar, also some shock relocation brackets.

All this has to be done by March 26th for the Pinks All Out in Dallas .

My best has been a 6.68 with a 75 shot and 6.94 all motor. After all is done I'm shooting for 6.50's all motor and whatever a 150 shot brings . The car has never been down a 1/4 mile yet until this upcomming year.

Hope you guys enjoy some of the upcomming pictures and other useless crap I post up for the next month or so .
Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 AM
7 Second Club

Good deal, good luck on the changes and keep the updates coming!

Derek
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck on the changes!

N2
Old 02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
9 Second Club

Should get some parts rolling in tomorrow and then I'll be picking lots more up either Monday or Tuesday. Got the TH400 with JW Bellhousing, TCI sheild, Pro T-Brake, rollerbearing tailhousing and all the goodies.

I may end up with more parts than I anticipated, but thats fine with me!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:40 PM
9 Second Club

I figured I better get some ugly/dirty before pictures so that it makes the after pictures look even better!

Today I'm hoping all my parts come in for the Anti-Roll bar and I'll kinda give you guys an idea of how it will go together.

Anyway, here's some nasty looking before pictures

The front windsheild is comming out for the cage, I'm not sure if I want to go with lexan in the front and rear or leave glass in it since it will be drive on the street maybe 10-20% of the time. Any ideas how much weight I would save? I know that glass is pretty damn heavy.

Maybe I'll be fast enough for a parachute and wheelie bars one day

Saying goodbye to the Ol' 65E and Circle D 5c, one badass setup....I'm not gonna miss that lock up. Yeah I will...

Here's the new Neal Chance 9.5" converter for the TH400

Here's the TH400 with JW Bellhousing, Madman dipstick, Pro Transbrake, Kevlar bands and all the other internal goodies, Rollerbearing Tailhousing, and a Flat Black spraycan special

Also a nice TCI sheild, anyone have any problems with these fitting around the tunnel?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:31 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet. Please keep the pics coming.

Coach
Old 02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
9 Second Club

Finally got my Anti-Roll bar parts in from A.R.T, some really nice stuff they got. This little bit cost $169 . Should be a nice chromolly piece when we get it finished .

Old 02-23-2010, 07:50 PM
9 Second Club

Old 02-27-2010, 06:51 PM
9 Second Club

Making some more progress today, got the Anti Roll bar pretty much done just like a little bit on it.

Also on the shocks, looks like this could be unloading my car as soon as it hits. Anyway it always looked like my rear shocks were already extended quiet a bit. Well I took them loose and went to see how much travel they had and only had maybe 1/2 an inch or so. So looks like I'll be moving the new shock location up about 3 inches or so.

I got the gears in and looks like we got a pretty good pattern out of them too .

Should have the Anit Roll bar and shocks mounted up good tomorrow. Then I found out I had an axle bearing take a **** on me which is weird because there was no noises or any vibrations from it, I got it comming in here Tuesday along with a brand new Aluminum driveshaft

If this swaybar doesn't help plant the tires level I don't know what will

Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 PM
9 Second Club

We got the sway bar 100% done and I think it turned out very nice....except for the paint I sprayed on it . Also got the shock relocations made and we brought them up 3" more. I'm about 90% sure the shocks were unloading the car right about the 60' mark.

I remember at the 7.0 index race a while back I sprayed it in first gear to loosen the converter up a little. Well the car would bring the left front up and then right after the 60' it would bring it up again. The shocks had maybe a 1/2" of travel and I think they were unloading the car so well see either this weekend or next on how it's gonna work .

Other than that I'm just waiting on my new Aluminum driveshaft and axle bearing before I can try it all out. Then all I like it adding to the cage and a Nitrous blowdown **** so that it will all be legal for this damn PINKS All Out deal.

Always running until the last minute no matter how hard I try...so here's an overload of pictures. Comment, critque, or give me some ideas to work with .

Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

Good progress and that anti-rollbar is looking great.

On that anti-rollbar, did you source out the round bar and chromo tubing locally and then have it machined to fit in the bearings or did that come with the other peices you bought?

Mike
Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Good progress and that anti-rollbar is looking great.

On that anti-rollbar, did you source out the round bar and chromo tubing locally and then have it machined to fit in the bearings or did that come with the other peices you bought?

Mike
I had the 1" chromolly tubing bought from my uncles fab. shop then I went to Tractor Supply and bought a stick of 1" bar and put it in the lathe to slide it in the chromolly tube so that it would fit in the bearings.

All the machining was done here in our shop.

The bearings and two arms are the only things we didn't make and they were bought from A.R.T
Old 03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Oh I gotchya. Could you pm me a link to the place you got that stuff? Is it Art Morrison?

Mike
Old 03-03-2010, 03:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Oh I gotchya. Could you pm me a link to the place you got that stuff? Is it Art Morrison?

Mike
A.R.T is Applied Racing Technology out of FL.

Here's the kit I was looking at but since it isn't specificly made for an F-Body I told the salesman I just wanted the two arms and two bearings and made everything else to fit accordingly.

https://www.appliedracing.net/produc...9264f7946ddbdd
Old 03-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap. Are you going to run marking compound instead of gear lube? Just kiddin. Looks GOOD.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by crashinaz
Holy crap. Are you going to run marking compound instead of gear lube? Just kiddin. Looks GOOD.
I was thinking about it! Just trying to make 100% I get this damn thing near perfect as I can. My stepdad set-up my 4.11's and they howl'd then my grandpa did the 4.30's and they howl'd just as bad so now I guess I'll see how these 3.70's do.

Pattern looked good on both sides though
Old 03-03-2010, 05:18 PM
9 Second Club

+1 post for 667
Old 03-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just kiddin. I've gone back and forth with 2 thou shims just because the coast side wasn't "perfect", but the drive side was. That's what happens when you try to set up gears without at least 1 beer to take the edge off of perfectionism.