Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SMJ ABS Delete/linelock (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMJ ABS Delete/linelock (pics)

Installed a linelock yesterday and now i'm in the process of trying to further clean up the area by relocating the fuse boxes. Just thought i would share some pictures. The abs delete wasnt too bad to install. Cutting the lines to get a more clean finished product was a little difficult with the engine in the car, and as i had been warned, the stock brake lines were an absolute ***** to flare.

I have a few wiring messes from my HID/Stereo/Nitrous installs to clean up before i put the car back together and make a plate to cover where the fuse panels were. Any suggestions on what to use or how to go about fab'ing a plate are greatly appreciated.

before

making progress

Old 09-09-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow that looks great for a DIY engine in the car. You made those bottom lines? I didnt think they came with the SJM kit that clean.
Some with the stock flex lines in 3 T blocks looks hack as ****.
worse then the stock ABS setup
Old 09-09-2012, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by studderin
wow that looks great for a DIY engine in the car. You made those bottom lines? I didnt think they came with the SJM kit that clean.
Some with the stock flex lines in 3 T blocks looks hack as ****.
worse then the stock ABS setup
No sir, they came with the kit. Just had to remove the heat shield to get behind the braided lines far enough to make it look acceptable to me. The smj lines were actually too long for where I placed my "T" and where I tied into the rear line. I still had to shorten them. Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I can get a plate made soon and finish this mess.

I agree. The friend that was helping wanted to leave the braided lines but there was no way I was leaving the engine bay that cluttered
Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

looks really good man, i left the braide lines on mine for now until the engine is out. i was not brave enough to flare the lines down on the frame with the engine in. great work!!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikh338
looks really good man, i left the braide lines on mine for now until the engine is out. i was not brave enough to flare the lines down on the frame with the engine in. great work!!
Thanks man. I can't say I blame you for waiting. I may have done the same if I had plans to pull the engine. Those lines were a pain to get in there and cut and flare. Fingers crossed but I hope this one holds together for a while. All depends how greedy I get with spray and luck, I suppose
Old 09-09-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ya. I flairded my rear lines with the engine out a few years ago, and still have one leak. And had to re do it, its a gamble if you have it leak or mess up the stock lines cutting it down low you can get yourself in trouble running out a good strait spot of the line to use.

Not sure if you saw I did this in my build thread, under the hood, then a resently a few years after just doing the ABS delete under the hood. I removed one of my 2 rear brake lines (my cars 4 channel) and just ran one. But at the bottem of the fire wall I cut the stock line and flaired it down there. If you take some of the heat shields out, and un clip the lines from the while plasitc blocks that hold them under the car, you can pull them down a few inches and work done there to flair them there. Then under the hood make you new lines so you just stick them down along the frame rail. And test fit and get them bend nice to end up in that spot. You could do that with the motor in the car. I would do that again no problems on a stockish car wanting to do this with the motor in.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by studderin
If you take some of the heat shields out, and un clip the lines from the while plasitc blocks that hold them under the car, you can pull them down a few inches and work done there to flair them there. Then under the hood make you new lines so you just stick them down along the frame rail. And test fit and get them bend nice to end up in that spot. You could do that with the motor in the car.
Thats exactly what i did. But in my case, the car was barely off the ground, so after unclipping the lines from the white blocks, i bent the lines up a little to get a flaring tool on them.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where did you get your abs delete?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUPERMAN_00TA
Where did you get your abs delete?
SJMmanufacturing.com

pretty sure they are a sponsor, if not, sorry lol
Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default abs

Originally Posted by derekbuckner1
SJMmanufacturing.com

pretty sure they are a sponsor, if not, sorry lol
Thanks!! i found it!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUPERMAN_00TA
Thanks!! i found it!
no problem. i have the sjm solenoid. they have a hurst one as well, in case you needed to use my pictures for a comparison.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

can a mod fix the tyop in the thread title? SJM instead of SMJ. Thanks

Quick Reply: SMJ ABS Delete/linelock (pics)