Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car squats very bad. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car squats very bad. Need help!

I posted awhile back about this issue but didn't get any solutions or ideas to solve issue. The car squats way to much under boost and the tires rub pretty bad. Passenger side more than drivers.

Iron block with front mount turbo setup. So heavy in the front.

Suspension:
Koni adjustable shocks
Strano springs
adjustable LCAs
LCA relocation brackets
adjustable panhard bar
subframe connectors
6pt bolt in cage
stock torque arm
NO front sway bar
stock rear sway bar

I have the LCAs in the bottom hole of my relocation brackets. The LCAs are pretty much level with a degree or two in my advantage(rear of arm lower). The bottom hole where i have my LCA is 3" lower than the factory bolt hole. If there is a LCA bracket that allows me go another inch or so that would be nice. I've saw cars launch wheels up and their cars don't squat. How is mine squatting when I roll into it in 2nd or 3rd gear? Should I ditch the koni shocks and strano springs? Buy a anti-roll bar? I've almost destroyed my passenger tire testing different adjustments on my shocks. I put my stock rear springs back in but it just looks stupid as hell. Runnnig out of ideas. I don't know how i'm going to launch this car at the track if i'm rubbing on the street. My fenders are rolled! Any help is appreciated.

Top of fender well to the tire measurement.

Here's my LCA angle.

Aaaaand this BS
Old 12-04-2014, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Drag Bar. Problem Solved
Old 12-04-2014, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Is the car squatting or twisting?
Old 12-04-2014, 03:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I responded to your post in the suspension section.... Give us a call and we can help!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Mwc you know what my issues are here. Having me call you and buying all new parts isn't the way I want to go. Maybe an opinion on what the issues are and solutions are to fix it. I'm looking for tech support not someone to buy parts from. I check your site often and like the parts you have but not purchasing anything just yet.

The car is twisting and squatting. I know a drag bar would keep me from twisting but I don't think it would fix my overall squatting.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 AM
11 Second Club

I have a mustang but in principle it's the same.

On the launch the car twists due to the drivetrain. If looking at the car in the front the drive shaft turns clockwise, meaning it's forcing the drivers side of the rear end down into the track surface and the pass side rotates UP into the fenderwell. So you'll have separation on the driver side and squatting on the pass side.

The problem:
Squatting is caused by a low anti squat %.

The Solution(s):
re-adjust the control arm to move the IC (instant center) above the neutral line.
Increase spring rate. Tighter springs will mean more force is required for the squatting to occur.
Stiffen up the rear shocks. If you have DA's, you can tighten up the compression side to help reduce squatting on the pass side. For the drivers side, you could tighten up the extension side to slow down the separation.
Install an airbag in the pass side spring (Band-Aid fix) but it will help.
Anti-roll bar - best solution but ARB's suck on the street unless you unhook one side.

Hope this helps.

-Mark
Old 12-05-2014, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Mwc you know what my issues are here. Having me call you and buying all new parts isn't the way I want to go. Maybe an opinion on what the issues are and solutions are to fix it. I'm looking for tech support not someone to buy parts from. I check your site often and like the parts you have but not purchasing anything just yet.

The car is twisting and squatting. I know a drag bar would keep me from twisting but I don't think it would fix my overall squatting.
Tech support is something we do a whole lot of here, and not necessarily in print. If I sat here and went through everyone's issues that needed help it would be a full time job in itself. You will get 10 different stories from 10 different people on here and most of it probably isn't what you need... i.e. what's already been said in the other thread.

Could I type it up here... sure. Is your needs the same as 100s of other peoples issues... not so much. Kinda like if I wanted a new camshaft for my car and I read up on a thread that someone else did the same.... chances are his cam specs aren't the same as what I need. Suspension is the same way.

So to answer your question it would be best to call us and get the correct story, and not necessarily just to buy/sell parts. If we sold parts to everyone that called here for info we could easily retire already.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I responded in your other thread as well. I think your wheel and tire combo is too wide. Your rear springs are stiffer than stock so that is not the problem. The twisting problem is the swaybar is not stiff enough. The squatting problem is not enough anti-squat which is solved by either getting relocation bracket which allow more adjust ability. Once it twists from the weak stock swaybar your right rear contol arm is no longer angled uphill towards the front, causing even more squat and twist.

Quick Reply: Car squats very bad. Need help!