Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spohn solid motor mounts do not fit. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 06:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spohn solid motor mounts do not fit. Help!

I tried to install my Spohn solid mounts that replace the whole pedestal and they do not work. If you bolt the drivers side mount to the block you are left with a 1" gap between the block and mount on passenger side. the mounts can not be switched left to right. the bolt holes wont line up. so there is only one way of bolting these on. Anyone seen this problem before. Did i bolt something on wrong and im just blind right now? lol. This is messed up. If they made these wrong I will send them back and never order from them again. what are my options here? I have a racecraft K member so i need to use a stock pedestal type mount. I heard PA racing offers some just like these but I cant find any pictures.

here is the block bolted in with stock mounts just fine.....

here is the drivers side spohn mount bolted in, looks normal but the block sits so high it would have been impossible to bolt a trans to it.

here is the pass side spohn mount. 1" gap between block...wtf

Old 12-30-2014, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have Spohn K member as well? They all should work together. Did you try bolting the pedestals to the block first, then slowly lowering and lining them up to the K member as the bolt holes are elongated somewhat, for adjustments. I would call Spohn and let them know about the issue. GL.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

racecraft k member with stock location motor mount pads. I tried calling day after Christmas and it said they were closed till Jan 5th! pretty frustrated right now. these things are gonna get sent back and Midwest Chassis mounts are going on. Dont have time to play around with **** like this.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestjunk
racecraft k member with stock location motor mount pads. I tried calling day after Christmas and it said they were closed till Jan 5th! pretty frustrated right now. these things are gonna get sent back and Midwest Chassis mounts are going on. Dont have time to play around with **** like this.
Seems I have heard this before...lol

Give us a call we will be glad to help.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

They are a pain to line up but ive only installed them on a stock k member. Seems like you may be stacking tolerances with different manufacturers. I had to leave every single bolt loose to get them all started. I sold them eventually.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

We have the Spohn K-member as well as those motor mounts and our motor leans one inch to the right or pass side. I called them and, get ready for some ignorance. They told me to call Edelbrock. What Jag Off's. So get ready for some stupidity when you call them. Sad some employees feel its okay to treat a customer that way after he just spent almost 10K with them. As it is very nice stuff, I just wish I would have found this site earlier. After seeing the Burkhart stuff in person and talking with them. You can better believe we would have gone that way. Good Real People. Happy to help you any way they can.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTur1996
We have the Spohn K-member as well as those motor mounts and our motor leans one inch to the right or pass side. I called them and, get ready for some ignorance. They told me to call Edelbrock. What Jag Off's. So get ready for some stupidity when you call them. Sad some employees feel its okay to treat a customer that way after he just spent almost 10K with them. As it is very nice stuff, I just wish I would have found this site earlier. After seeing the Burkhart stuff in person and talking with them. You can better believe we would have gone that way. Good Real People. Happy to help you any way they can.
Thank you. We do our best to gain and keep happy customers.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
Thank you. We do our best to gain and keep happy customers.
Hmmm...Wish some other companies felt that way also.

Quick Reply: Spohn solid motor mounts do not fit. Help!