Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

line lock installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 01:01 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default line lock installed

I finally got around to installing my line lock (Biondo) and all I have to say is HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!! Makes burnouts 1,000,000,000 times easier and better!!! No more nitrous burnouts for me!

I installed mine to lock out my rear brakes (right after my ABS controller), since I'm an A4 and don't have 3 pedals to worry about, still allows pedal control over my front brakes. I love this freaking thing! It is definitely one of my favorite mods and will end up being very costly in rubber. I guess what I save in nitrous can go towards tires now.

If you don't have a line lock, YOU NEED ONE!!!

Will have before and after video soon.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

If your solenoid works like my Hurst line lock solenoid then you can't lock out either the front or rear. When I engage my solenoid both brakes still work. When you let off the pedal then the set of brakes that have the solenoid in line stay engaged. If you have the solenoid in the rear lines then the rear brakes will remain engaged.

I have my line lock on the front brakes. However, I do not have the ABS block anylonger. I do have a proportioning valve. To do a burn out I press the brake, locks all four wheels, engage the solenoid then let off the brake pedal. The front stay locked and I'm ready to start my burn out. Once the tires are hot I then press the button and the car pulls forward.

By the way, before line lock my car pulled to the side pretty strong. Now it stays nice and straight.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
12 Second Truck Club

To lock out the rear brakes, you install the solenoid backwards and engage it while in park or neutral before you press the brake pedal. The solenoid closes and doesn't allow any fluid to the rear brakes which renders them useless. If you don't install the solenoid backwards this won't work.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
To lock out the rear brakes, you install the solenoid backwards and engage it while in park or neutral before you press the brake pedal. The solenoid closes and doesn't allow any fluid to the rear brakes which renders them useless. If you don't install the solenoid backwards this won't work.
I think maybe I'll keep mine the way it is. Much safer. Brakes will always work. Good idea if you want it to work that way though.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by Larry
I have my line lock on the front brakes. However, I do not have the ABS block anylonger. I do have a proportioning valve. To do a burn out I press the brake, locks all four wheels, engage the solenoid then let off the brake pedal. The front stay locked and I'm ready to start my burn out. Once the tires are hot I then press the button and the car pulls forward.

By the way, before line lock my car pulled to the side pretty strong. Now it stays nice and straight.
Same way I did it on all my cars. Never thought about engaging the rear brakes since the back tires are the ones spinning.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:02 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by mongse
Same way I did it on all my cars. Never thought about engaging the rear brakes since the back tires are the ones spinning.
I'm not engaging the rears, I'm disabling the rears for the burnout. I still have full control over my front brakes while the line lock is engaged. After the burnout is over, push the button on the line lock, and voila! I have all 4 brakes again. Gives you more control over the rollout on your burnouts.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I ruin the end of films...

I'm not engaging the rears, I'm disabling the rears for the burnout. I still have full control over my front brakes while the line lock is engaged. After the burnout is over, push the button on the line lock, and voila! I have all 4 brakes again. Gives you more control over the rollout on your burnouts.
Ahh, gotcha.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

I have never used the brakes on the roll out. Best for them to be completey released in my opinion. When I release the solenoid it pulls forward fairly slow just like it did before I had line lock.

Just don't really see any advantage of having the solenoid backwards but do see a potential danger situation. I do get a perfect burnout the way it is and the recommended way.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Are you A4 or M6?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Are you A4 or M6?
My Camaro is an A4
Old 04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Didn't start the thread to debate how to install a line lock, just that I was happy that I finally got mine installed and it works beautifully and I love it.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

Line lock was one of the best drag racing accessories I have ever installed.

Last edited by Mark98SS; 04-21-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Quick Reply: line lock installed