Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My last trip to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My last trip to the track.

After a 45 minute bitch session from the g\f about why she hates racing. (all forms of it, not just drag.) I have made the decision (or she has. lol) to stop racing.
My dream of Auto Xing is over before it started.
Which is very depressing, seeing how AutoX was one of the main reasons why i bought the WS6.
Ah, oh well. ran a 13.4 last night with a .01 reaction time at 105.xx mph.
good times. It was all over before it started.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To hell with that, You need to kick her *** to the curb & find a girl that likes racing. There are plenty of them out there.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

yeah. i've thought about it.
but the whole getting married thing in a year sort of stops that.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mimic42100
yeah. i've thought about it.
but the whole getting married thing in a year sort of stops that.
True, I was JK though.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn bro. that hurts. i am not gonna tell you your business but i will say that my wife and i get along so well because she supports my racing. if its important to you, there must be some compromise.

anyways, good times for HPT. i used to race there when i went to school in topeka.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
damn bro. that hurts. i am not gonna tell you your business but i will say that my wife and i get along so well because she supports my racing. if its important to you, there must be some compromise.

anyways, good times for HPT. i used to race there when i went to school in topeka.
Same here. My wife loves going to the track with me, and my kids fight over who is going to drive daddy's race car

Your not married yet. It's not too late to change.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

My wife is happy that I mess with cars rather watch sports all the time.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My long time girlfriend doesn't like it in that it's dangerous. Just means that my next mod, after what's in sig and coming this month, will be a six point roll bar. (and no, i wouldn't need it to run 11's at my track)
Old 05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I guess I am at the opposite side of the spectrum, she loves to race her Z28. I mearly maintain it. We actually met at the track while racing each other.

Your G/F needs to respect the fact the you love racing, if she can't deal with that you need to find someone more open to your happiness. I am sure you do thing that make her happy, regardless if you like it or not? These kinds of restrictions will possibly end up having you hate her in the future and possibly the relationship breaking apart. Words of caution my friend, good luck either way.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

I'm just waiting for her to throw a tantrum then leave.
When that happens, I'm going to get my SCAA license and start serious auto xing and dragracing.
muwhahaha
Old 05-05-2005, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

My g/f hates racing. So for Valentines day/b-day(same day) this year. She bought me a 24' enclosed trailer. Why? Cause she knows it makes me happy. Thats why I am marrying her in july. Seriously, she should take in account what makes you happy as long as it is not destructive and plus your paying all your bills before racing. If you are just starting out and dumping all your dough into the car. She might have a point, but if its hobby money. She should be glad she is competing with a car and not a stripper for your hard earned cash. Good luck and be happy.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sagres
My g/f hates racing. So for Valentines day/b-day(same day) this year. She bought me a 24' enclosed trailer. Why? Cause she knows it makes me happy. Thats why I am marrying her in july. Seriously, she should take in account what makes you happy as long as it is not destructive and plus your paying all your bills before racing. If you are just starting out and dumping all your dough into the car. She might have a point, but if its hobby money. She should be glad she is competing with a car and not a stripper for your hard earned cash. Good luck and be happy.
Usually their problem is with the safety.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Not to be harsh, but I'd kick that bitch to the curb if she couldn't respect my hobby. I've grown up around racing all my life and a day at the track is better than a day with any girl that I have ever been out with. Most of them (my age anyway) seem to be about 20-30% fun, racing is 100% fun.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Everyday is a risk. More likely to die from a drunk driver than racing at the track. As long as he using safety equipment he should be fine. But safety is what you make it. I honestly drive a hell of alot better since taking my racing to the track. Havent had a ticket in yrs, but if it makes him real happy. She should try support him on it, but the irony is I had a cousin killed by his hobby. RC plane hitm in the head, but those are the risks.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I wouldnt give up Drag racing for any chick, And Ive been pretty whipped before. My GF now loves to go to the track. Good thing, I told her, cause we'll be there every Saturday I dont have to work this Summer
Old 05-05-2005, 07:28 PM

You're not going to race because your girlfriend doesn't like it? Madness! You're 22 bro, you don't need somebody else calling your shots for you. In fact, if you give in now you're setting the precedence for her to be in charge in the future. If you don't take your ***** back now, you CERTAINLY won't be able to take them back after you say "I do."

JMO man... good luck.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Launching!

You let her rule you now.... shell be bustin your ***** forever!!!!!
Do what makes you happy.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by xp3nd4bl3
You're not going to race because your girlfriend doesn't like it? Madness! You're 22 bro, you don't need somebody else calling your shots for you. In fact, if you give in now you're setting the precedence for her to be in charge in the future. If you don't take your ***** back now, you CERTAINLY won't be able to take them back after you say "I do."

JMO man... good luck.
Excellent post.If the guy doesn't stand up now,he'll be wearing the panties in the house forever.

Respecting your partners wishes is a good thing until you start telling one another you can't do things you love to do.

My wife is the reason why I have my car.I was going to buy a boat and she said"buy a fast car,you'll enjoy it more".

Little did we know I would go to the extremes I'm going too with the Camaro.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
Your G/F needs to respect the fact the you love racing, if she can't deal with that you need to find someone more open to your happiness. I am sure you do thing that make her happy, regardless if you like it or not? These kinds of restrictions will possibly end up having you hate her in the future and possibly the relationship breaking apart. Words of caution my friend, good luck either way.
This is SO true. My wife and I have been married for over 2 yrs and I made it clear that this was my passion. Not only does she respect it, she supports me 110% on it. She loves to go the the track and tries to help me analyze my runs, swap tires, and wrench on my ride.

I made the effort to learn how to dance for her. I don't like dancing one bit, but I knew it what was she loved to do.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

We talked about it tonight.
I'm going to try to convince her a roll cage will keep me completly safe (she claims to know a lot about cars...but she dosen't know about this site.)
anyways, I'm just tryin to keep her happy. that's all.