Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting 28" on the new Welded Floyd Bogarts..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting 28" on the new Welded Floyd Bogarts..

Ok, sorry for no pics, hopefully later when my camera gets off strike. I am heading up to mount the 28" ET Drags on the Bogarts, going tubeless/screwless for now. Not sure if I will balance them, too damn sexy looking, and haven't been too successful in having the stick on weights sticking to the wheels in the past.

How many ppl run their Slicks without balancing? Any issues other than a little out-of-balance wobble?

Steve @ SJM, Damn these things are sexy, thanks for the fast friendly service and help.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do they not have an inner lip to put a weight on? I never bother with stick on weights, I always static balance "sexy" wheels. Which means you only put a weight on the inside lip.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Restricted User

Well mounting them was easy, practically slid them right on, and air up was a snap. No stick on weights were available so forget it. They are on, mounted and finished clearanced the inner wheel well and adjusted the LCA's to center the tires. Not sure I'll be running it tonight, its Lrry93's birthday, so time to take him out to eat.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

pics pics pics
Old 02-11-2006, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, when you have a shop install stick-on weights, be SURE to clean the inside wheel very good with something like 3m wax and grease remover (or similar). This is necessary since oil from hands as well as the polishing compound that is used is left on as a residue and makes for a non-sticky surface.

Remember to use a wax or similar sealant on the wheels before you use them
Old 02-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Restricted User

I didnt wax them prior to use, but I will tomorrow. Luckily I only got two runs before the rear took a **** on me (4,000+rpm Transbrake launches with 250 shot of nitrous out of the hole, 28" slicks and stock rear end dont mix well ).
I spun the tires on the wheels, about 2 inches or so on a shitty launch, so I will end up drilling and screwing these sexy *** wheels, oh man.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Waxing them helps protect them from the elements. ...just like it does for your painted surfaces.

Sorry to hear about the rear. We do have exclusive offers for our Bogart customers regarding Strange Engineering products not available to the general public.

Steve
Old 02-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Wish I nkew about the strange offer.. before I bought a moser rear.

I have to screw my rim s too for what it's worth, I was moving teh rim inside my 26 x 11.5 e.t streets last year, with only 400 rwhp, and cutting **** 60 foots..... I'm sure this year with another 60 rwhp, off a transbrake is gonna move even more. I'm going to a e.t. radial, and soem radial up front , as I like to "roll" in race trim, never know when I might catch one, and the bais ply stuff sucks to drive on the street with, plue everyone I know says the e.t. radials are working as good or better then the e.t. street does.

(Steve, I know the tires are alot heavier)
Old 02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Restricted User

JL ws-6, to a point the DR's are better, but there is that point where power requires a much nicer suspension setup and without it, the DR's lose the bite, more off the transbrake. Of course, I havent tried the 28" DR's yet either, but they are way heavier too.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I know the tire weight sucks... but thre's not much I can do about it. I know that a 28 inch tire will do a couple things for me, #1, should work better then the 26, bigger fofotprint, and #2, they will help me get away with the 4.10 rear gears for this year, as I am going to a TH400, so overdrive is gonzo, and the closest track is about 70 miles away.. which I do plan to drive to at least a couple times this year, until they give me the boot for no cage, which could happen after the first pass if they feel like being dicks about it.

If I were only gonna use the bogart tire/rim combo at the track, eventually when the car becomes a trailer queen I'll go back to bias ply stuff, unless the tires don't work, in that case I guess I'll be back to bias ply city, and clearancing for a 28 x 11.5 e.t. street
Old 02-16-2006, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Steve, what kind of wheel wax do you use?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Any type of high-quality wax you'd use on your painted surfaces work well. Remember, if you polish the wheels, you are removing the wax, so be certain to re-wax them again.

How much should you wax them...about the same amount as one would typically wax their car.