Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Installing Pin-On Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Installing Pin-On Hatch

Ok so i got my pin on hatch but i have no clue on how to install the dzus fasteners. Also where can i get some good dzus for a resonable price?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Anyone know?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

You can order them from jegs or summit.They will include some instruction on how to install them.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:43 AM
9 Second Club

I'd like to see some pics of the pin on hatch if ya got 'em.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
I'd like to see some pics of the pin on hatch if ya got 'em.
I will take some pics today for you.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also would like to see some pics. Am considering doing this mod. Are you running it with lexan glass?
Old 07-01-2006, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah i will be using speedglass.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:11 PM
9 Second Club

I have one on my camaro and I used 4 zues on each side that were rivited right into the rear of the body on the inside of the trunk area. The hatch sits right on them and zues in. As for the rear it is alittle harder. I used 4 back there also but 2 of them are fake cause I couldn't get the brackets to work were I wanted them to. At the top by the roof it just slids in uder the roof rail to keep it there. I am using speedglass in mine also. I used all the bolts and nuts that they send with the speedglas intall kit. I can tell you this though. You are in for a long long long process. You have to shave the hatch done a ton and then you have to make the glass fit also. It is a complete and total bastard. Then you have to get all the zues' to stay and fit right. Then you have to dril the zues on the hatch, then remove them and then get it painted. It took a really long time for me and I had 2 different body shop managers helping me at the same time. I do think it turned out supper bad *** though. It was well worth it and I am fixing to start working on another one. I can now use my glass as a patern though, It will cut the time down significantly.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
I have one on my camaro and I used 4 zues on each side that were rivited right into the rear of the body on the inside of the trunk area. The hatch sits right on them and zues in. As for the rear it is alittle harder. I used 4 back there also but 2 of them are fake cause I couldn't get the brackets to work were I wanted them to. At the top by the roof it just slids in uder the roof rail to keep it there. I am using speedglass in mine also. I used all the bolts and nuts that they send with the speedglas intall kit. I can tell you this though. You are in for a long long long process. You have to shave the hatch done a ton and then you have to make the glass fit also. It is a complete and total bastard. Then you have to get all the zues' to stay and fit right. Then you have to dril the zues on the hatch, then remove them and then get it painted. It took a really long time for me and I had 2 different body shop managers helping me at the same time. I do think it turned out supper bad *** though. It was well worth it and I am fixing to start working on another one. I can now use my glass as a patern though, It will cut the time down significantly.
Do you have any pics of how it came out?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:19 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to see some pics also.

Coach
Old 12-12-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id like to know the weight diff o just the hatch. i have to keep real glass in the back.

Quick Reply: Help Installing Pin-On Hatch