Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tcs guys with line locks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tcs guys with line locks...

has anyone had any problems with line lock installs on tcs equiped cars? i was reading thru my haynes manual, and in the brake bleeding task it talks about having to take it to a dealership to have it bled with a special machine or something...just wondering before i put mine on. my cars been down enough since i got it, thye last thing i want is to have to pay the dealership to bleed my brakes after an install...any help is much appreciated...
Old 07-19-2006, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

just bleed all 4 wheels (good idea anyway) like the book says, no need to get crazy with the abs unit.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Launching!

I didnt take mine to the dealership and have had no problems.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TCS and ABS are temporarily effected during the use your LL. In laymen’s terms, the EBCM see's something it shouldn't see when the LL is being used.

Some models i.e. LT1's sometimes will set the brake lamp on the dash but is extinguished after the next time the brake is depressed.

There are multiple ways to bleed the brakes, if performed correctly, you should have no problems.

We’ve got a variety of Line lock kits that are great additions to an F-body. They can all be viewed on our site listed under the braking section. Our kits unlike others are NHRA legal and have additional circuitry for safety considerations and simplified use.

www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_ls1.html
Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Restricted User

Nope, installed a few and run one myself, only issue you'll have is if you dont bleed it out all the way. GL

Charlie
Old 07-26-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CAT3
Nope, installed a few and run one myself, only issue you'll have is if you dont bleed it out all the way. GL

Charlie
whats the best way to bleed it all the way?...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wolfy
whats the best way to bleed it all the way?...
I've installed a half a dozen line locks on LS1 f-bodies and have never had to bleed the brakes at all. I totally install the kit then leave the line loose where it hooks into the ABS. I wait 'till it starts seeping fluid, wait a little longer then tighten it up. If you never push the brake pedal untill all the air is out of the new tubing and solenoid then no air gets into the brake system down stream.
Works perfectly every time but it requires some time and patience, with no braking problems afterward.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

Al that may have worked for you, though I suggest changing the brake fluid since you have the system open.

More then likely, there are air bubbles left in the system at any event.

Most importantly, changing brake fluid is very important. As time goes on, the fluid absorbs water which lowers the wet boiling point resulting in braking deficiencies. The longer brake fluid is left in your system, the lower the wet boiling point will result.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

There are many self-bleeders that make bleeding rather easy. i.e. earls Start from the furthest line from the master cyl, then work your way to the shortest making sure you don't run too low on your master cyl. fluid.

You can gravity bleed, you can perform the operation with two people, or you can use a diaphram pressure bleeder (not feasable for most do it yourselfers)
Old 07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

you can also gravity bleed it by yourself, just keep it full of fluid.

Quick Reply: tcs guys with line locks...