Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you guys have issues with ur NW 90mm TB sticking a little....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any of you guys have issues with ur NW 90mm TB sticking a little....

I think mine is, after revin the car up or gettin on it, all the sudden the idle will be out of whack, it hangs up high and the tps shows a little higher % and it drops out of the idle ftc of 19 and goes to 9 or 13. So I decided to go and push on the throttle blade today to see if it was maybe hanging open, and it didn't move, but as soon as I put pressure on it backwards it dropped back down to normal and then as soon as I let off it reved back up! What do you guys think, and how can I fix this? Thanks for any help!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Shoot Nick a PM, his username is Nick Williams on this forum, great customer service.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

When did you put a 90/90 set-up on the car Devon? Sorry you're having problems with it and I hope it gets fixed soon. The weather is starting to get nice here and I'm sure your car will really fly.

Chris
Old 10-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I haen't had any problems with mine, granted I don't have a million miles on it either, but so far so good. Hope ya get it figured out.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
Shoot Nick a PM, his username is Nick Williams on this forum, great customer service.
Yeah, I was talkin with a buddy after I posted this up and he told me that he had the same problem and to go to the store and buy a throttle return spring, so I just did, put it on where the cruise control would go and then stuck the other end in the hole in the plastic by the lid and sure enough it's obviously holding open a little, cuz I tested it out and it seems to be fine with the spring on there, took the spring off and as soon as I did the idle jumped, put it back on, went right back down! Thanks for the heads up on the username, think i'll shoot him a pm and see what he thinks.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I haen't had any problems with mine, granted I don't have a million miles on it either, but so far so good. Hope ya get it figured out.
I don't have a million miles either, mine's brand new, just got this stuff on a month or so ago and have been having nothing but problems with tryin to get everything tuned in, but at least that's one problem off my mind now, just gotta get her to idle better on initial startup now. And then get my other tuning issues resolved!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NumberOneSled
When did you put a 90/90 set-up on the car Devon? Sorry you're having problems with it and I hope it gets fixed soon. The weather is starting to get nice here and I'm sure your car will really fly.

Chris
A month or so ago, sold the ls6 intake and ported throttle body and both my nitrous kits, got the 90/90 and puttin the money together for a direct port!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:22 PM
9 Second Club

I had the same problem with the same solution.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tektrans
I had the same problem with the same solution.
****, at least i'm not the only one! I still can't believe i've been drivin myself nuts thinkin it was in the tune!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could also adjust the throttle cable, i had the exact same problem.