Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone running madman shock brackets or wolfe door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone running madman shock brackets or wolfe door panels?

I need pics of your installs on both if possible.

one question on the madman shock mounts. it comes with a set of spacers, are these spacers meant to be placed on the outsides of the shock bushings? I have QA1 "R" series shocks in the rear and with the shock in there and the rubber bushings there is only room for one of the supplied spacers, anyone with more info or advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

On the Wolfe door panels, I looked at them today and was just wondering how some of you ran the wires for doors/window etc and just wanted to see a few pics of them installed on other cars.

Thanks, Matt
Old 02-17-2007, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

skipper i'll get you pics within a few hours... just dealt with the EXACT same problem..... solved it by using a flat washer instead of the ones in your pic..... didn't seem like it would affect anything since all the space was taken up, the shock wasn't shifting around and the washer fully engaged the metal sleeve that goes inside the shock bushing....

Madman, this is what i called about.. the shock brackets might need to be widened a few mm's cuz I tried and tried and there was no way two of those were going in there without god's assistance...
Old 02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

I see that on thunder's site there is a pic of the bracket installed with an afco shock and a heim joint at the shock with those spacers like pictured. Maybe i was sent the setup for an afco rear shock, since i'm using QA1s for the time being i think i'll probably just figure out the space on either side and make some spacers at work this week.

Outlaw, what about the hole on the bracket, did you bolt it to the housing as well as weld it? Looks almost like its splined for a stud of some kind like a wheel hub.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will those work with stock shocks?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned

they will not work with stock shocks or the comp. engineering shocks from what I understand.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the shock relocates come with spacers. QA1 has changed the width or their lower grommets so the spacers could be too thick. You guys have figure3d out the remedy and I will now include both thickness spacers.

Feedback from customers allows me to do more R&D and keep my products up to snuff. Thanks guys.

225-343-9029
Old 02-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

anytime MM, what about the hole in there, is it intended for a stud to bolt the bracket to the housing?
Old 02-17-2007, 11:40 PM
9 Second Club

yeah as far as i could understand the hole is designed to line up with the stock hole and you put a bolt/nut combo thru it to hold it on there for welding.... didn't see any other usage for it..... worked great during welding...

Yeah MM, the bushings are definitely too thick for that washer to slide up in there... one will fit but definitely not two.... so either thinner washers or wider bracket is the only option....

skipper and MM here was my fix for it... ignore the washers on the outside. they are only temporary till i get grade 8 washers that are the same size as the ones on the inside... i just gotta go to my local hardware store and pick em up.... the ones that MM sent with the brackets designed to go on the outside i used on the inside....

Old 02-18-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

i have double adjustable stanges on the back and the only issue i see in my case was the adjuster **** on the back of the shock is comming in contact w/ the mount on the rear. i'm gonna take a closer look at it when i get the rear back from being narrowed, any body else have this issue?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:40 AM
9 Second Club

Couple of pics of the wolfe panels. I used nylon fasteners with screws instead of the rivets. Don't ask about the wiring-my brother did it, I have no idea.
Attached Thumbnails anyone running madman shock brackets or wolfe door panels?-door-panel2.jpg   anyone running madman shock brackets or wolfe door panels?-doorpanel6.jpg  
Old 02-18-2007, 03:48 PM
9 Second Club

i have double adjustable stanges on the back and the only issue i see in my case was the adjuster **** on the back of the shock is comming in contact w/ the mount on the rear. i'm gonna take a closer look at it when i get the rear back from being narrowed, any body else have this issue?
can't you turn the shock around so it looks like the one in my pic and teh **** is pointed to the front????
Old 02-18-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

nope it has the extension and compression ***** on opposite sides of the shock body.
Attached Thumbnails anyone running madman shock brackets or wolfe door panels?-strangeda.jpg  
Old 02-18-2007, 05:33 PM
9 Second Club

ahhhhh that would explain it..... maybe one reason to step up to the AFCO double adjustables where the **** is one at the bottom and one at the top.... didn't know the stranges were like that...