Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could cause my ETs to be THIS bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What could cause my ETs to be THIS bad?

Ok, here's the problem. I can't think of anything that would cause the car to run this poorly. I want my M6 back now. Went to the track with MyLS1hauls today and the results were disgusting to say the least.

Here's the mod list for my car
MTI S2 Heads with the B1 cam.
MAC headers off road y pipe.
SLP catback
airbox lid
ASP pulley
yank PT 4200 converter
raised shift points, etc.

I know there were some factors working against me today. First, it was 80-85 degrees out. Second, these times were done with stock race weight. Finally the 60 ft times were around 1.8 even on ET streets because the track was not hooking.

Best time of the day-12.13 at 113.5 mph. What a joke of a time. I feel embarrassed telling people its a heads and cam car with a converter that big and it runs those times.

I am totally at a loss trying to figure out what could cause the car to run this poorly. Even with the things mentioned above my combination should be 11s like a joke shouldn't it?

Im just disgusted with the car.

Later
Jordan
Old 06-21-2003, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: What could cause my ETs to be THIS bad?

80 degrees temp isnt bad at all but the lack of traction would affect your ET/mph considerably. Still even at full weight you should be in the 118mph range easily.

Are you brake torqueing off the line or flashing?

What did you dyno?

Cheers,
Chris

Old 06-21-2003, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

I tried brake torqueing off the line and flashing both with limited success. I also haven't had a chance to have the on the dyno.

Jordan
Old 06-22-2003, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Are you running slicks or Nittos, etc. What is your suspension setup? Times will come down 4 to 6 tenths if you bring the sixty foot down. Cheers and good luck.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

if you can hook in a A4 you arent gonna run the ET. Its plain and simple. A4's need the 60! M6's make up for there 60 on top end power. Its bassackwards between M6's and A4's.

Once you get better weather and a 1.5-1.6 60 ft you et's will definitly be mid 11's. Low 11's once you figure out the setup. Dont give up on your first time out! I dont even run in this $hitty weather!
Old 06-22-2003, 02:25 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Ok, here's the problem. I can't think of anything that would cause the car to run this poorly. I want my M6 back now. Went to the track with MyLS1hauls today and the results were disgusting to say the least.

Here's the mod list for my car
MTI S2 Heads with the B1 cam.
MAC headers off road y pipe.
SLP catback
airbox lid
ASP pulley
yank PT 4200 converter
raised shift points, etc.

I know there were some factors working against me today. First, it was 80-85 degrees out. Second, these times were done with stock race weight. Finally the 60 ft times were around 1.8 even on ET streets because the track was not hooking.

Best time of the day-12.13 at 113.5 mph. What a joke of a time. I feel embarrassed telling people its a heads and cam car with a converter that big and it runs those times.

I am totally at a loss trying to figure out what could cause the car to run this poorly. Even with the things mentioned above my combination should be 11s like a joke shouldn't it?

Im just disgusted with the car.

Later
Jordan
Doesn't sound too bad to me. Check your A/F and timing with ATAP to get it nailed down. Then get your raceweight down to 3400 with driver or less. You'll have 117 or better in some cool weather I'm sure.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

With some 1.6 60fts. your easy 11.80s! Got to get the A4s to launch or you will not run the numbers on the other end.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

I really do need to atap the car and check the A/F ratios, it hasn't been done on the car yet.
The suspension is stock, except for the panhard rod, and the tires used are ET Streets. I guess I just need to work with what I have and wait for some perfect weather and see what I can do.

Jordan