Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

02 SS 370 STS Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 SS 370 STS Dyno

I would like to give out a HUGE thanks to Ryan and the guys at RPM in Garner NC. The whole staff were friendly and informative for a dummy like me. And Ryan did a fabulous job getting this car straight.

I just bought this 02 Camaro from a forum member, not a showcar but a nice dd that fit my budget. Here are all the details....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...sts-turbo.html

When I brought it to Ryan the fuel system wasn't put together correctly, they easily corrected that problem, then to the dyno for more boost and a tune. Sorry for the shaky vid and poor iphone audio....

http://youtu.be/KwlC-c-TXiY

Ryan estimated the car around 400 rwhp when I bought it, then after the fuel system was corrected it was around 440 on 6 pounds. Then Ryan did his magic and on 12 pounds the beast was unleashed!

I have a few more things to do when the funds become available and I will definitely bring it back to RPM. Thanks to Ryan most street driven Fords and ricers will only see my tail lights!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

thats gonna be a fun ride
Old 09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Please take the muffler off your car. Otherwise, great numbers for the STS kit.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow...662 lb/ft on the street! Awesome power and great build.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW, I've been waiting to see a thread like this since I sold the car!! I am the original owner in Florida. I ended up not being able to finish the car at the time, but I knew eventually someone would. Great numbers man! I had originally planned to put 15 psi through that block.

And I think it's hilarious that muffler has made it through a couple of different owners. I hated that thing too, but without it the car was just too loud.

Good luck with the ride, and if you ever have any questions on the original build, email me at stscamaro@yahoo.com. I may not remember all the details, but I'm always willing to help.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Teching In

I told Nate to forward you the numbers, I thought you would like to see them. The muffler is like number 3 or 4 on my list. It doesn't bother me too much, the rusty exhaust pipe is more annoying. It is loud now and would be just plain obnoxious without it. I need to finish up some other things, then I will get to it. After I had told a neighbor I was planning to change it, he wants it for his Honda lol. I found rpm through searching for a good nc tuner on the forums and I'm happy I found Ryan. This car is a blast to drive now! Thanks for your email I will be in touch.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Solid numbers man! I drove by RPM a few times in the past few days, I'm working on putting the LS1 back in my camaro at a friends house down the road from them.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

RPM is a great group of guys! They have done multiple installs for me over the years and I have never had a problem and they are very knowledgeable and friendly when you have questions! Nice car btw

Quick Reply: 02 SS 370 STS Dyno