Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Guess my problem using dyno =)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guess my problem using dyno =)

Well, my car has been runnin a little funny so I headed out to dyno day to see how the power band looked comparativly to how the car feels. I was thinking that my fuel pump was going out. Im running a 97 Vette fuel rail. I heard it making noise a while back but it stoped. Then after the dyno it started up again. But stoped- I baby the car and dont drive it much. But this is ugly. The car drives like the dyno shows under WOT - as well as has a ( untuned cam feeling surg) when the car is idling ( not always but often) . But tha AF was like 15 + on 2 of the passes. This sheet was on a pass where the car downshifted ( so a 2nd gear pass probly) but they all looked like this. Im gonna check the maf to see if theres K&N oil on it, but Ive got no codes thrown and this problem isnt Brand new. Any input would be great - =) Im just poor so cant just throw money at it yet.

Name:  Dyno.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  98.8 KB
Old 01-24-2005, 03:27 AM
11 Second Club

k&n oil can do that to ur maf???... i know i followed there instructions recently to apply and clean that ****, somehow i got it on to heavy lol, and that **** seems to have gotten everywhere like it never quite tried out or what not. think im going to order a new air filter.

as far as ur problem, i have no clue dude, u would think it would be something fuel wise but then ur a/f ratio woudl be all over the place no?

the no codes thrown yet is what is really amazing.. seems any lil thing out of order and u normally get a code.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Launching!

That is crazy looking I'll give you that one for sure. Have no clue on the problem, but I would try changing the fuel filter and put some good gas just to rule those 2 things out. Good Luck!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

WOW ! !....part or all of your problem stems from that A/F ratio - I'm surprised the person dynoing didn't warn you from making more pulls with your car. An A/F that high can definitely do damage to your engine. The issue is probably stemming from the MAF (I've seen that before).
I would STRONGLY suggest getting a tune very soon.
.....I would also suggest going to a different shop, since it appears that this one didn't bother to take the time to explain things to you.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Take a look at this thread.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/266222-first-dyno-s-what-ya-think.html

I believe he had a similar issue

For the time being, you might want to put the stock MAF back on.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheBowtieboy
I would STRONGLY suggest getting a tune very soon.
.....I would also suggest going to a different shop, since it appears that this one didn't bother to take the time to explain things to you.
Wow, thats Andy's shop. Is the MAF descreened? Clean it. Also, whats your fuel pressure now with the 97 rail system? It could be to low shown by the air fuel. If the fuel pressures to low, the computer will max out your injectors trying to tune it back. How much knock were you getting also?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

Its got a stock MAf, And Im gonna have the car checked out by a shop with HP tuners and lots of Fbody knowlege so we can get to the bottom of it.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, I guess that I misread your post -

The oil on the MAF could cause some of the problem but unless you've put it back in wet I think that there's something more going on. I would have them also look into the fuel rails (as stated above).

Keep us posted.