Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

finally dynoed

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally dynoed

Well tell me your thoughts..... I've tried to find a scanner or digi cam to post dyno sheet, but to no avail. Car was running VERY rich So hopefully a couple more ponies once I get tuning straightened out, but :

409.3 whp
390 wtq

I feel good about that, esp. with the mods I have:

TR224 (just a baby cam lol)
ls6 intake
pacesetter LT's
flowmaster catback (running through open cutout of course)
ported/polished TB
Lid
Ls1edit
all free mods

thoughts?

Last edited by sgalvin01; 04-01-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome numbers for cam only esp w/ that cam. Get a ud pulley and u'll pick up another 6-8rwhp i'll bet. Is it a 6sp? What yr and a camaro or bird?
would be nice to see the graph. Who tuned it?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Teching In

6 speed, TA, local guy tuned it

Last edited by sgalvin01; 04-01-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:00 AM
TECH Addict

i see ur in cinncinati, ohio. If thats somewhat close to chicago then id highly reccommend takin ur car to Speed inc and letting Jim tune it. He's an awesome tuner.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

hey man, are those corrected numbers? not to be pessimistic, but they just sounded a bit high for a mild cam on stock heads. but if they are corrected numbers, way to go man...thats a freak car u got
Old 03-31-2005, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sgalvin01
Well tell me your thoughts..... I've tried to find a scanner or digi cam to post dyno sheet, but to no avail. Car was running VERY rich, starting to question the guy that tuned it....So hopefully a couple more ponies once I get tuning straightened out, but :

409.3 whp
390 wtq

ls6 intake
pacesetter LT's
ported/polished TB
Lid
Ls1edit
all free mods

thoughts?
Nice numbers if corrected. Post a graph.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

6 speed, TA, and a local guy ##### (last time he'll ever touch my car as well, heard too many horror stories)
No #### did not tune your car I DID. You got a street tune (About a year ago) and I TOLD You when I did it that I had your wide open throttle O2's set at .920 (They were over 1000 before the tune). Since the car was not on a dyno using wide band and that factory O2 sensor are not very good at wot that I would rather set the o2 reading a little high because I have seen to many cars set at .890 on the street and be lean on the dyno. You seem to think that keeping the tune safe was a good thing at the time.
Also you car would hardly idle, had sensors unpluged and had a long list of code when I got it. But when you got it back it seem to start right up and idle and run just fine. I never charged you a dime for all the extra stuff I had to do either. You told me over and over how great the car was to drive after I tuned it. I also told you to bring it back if you had any other problems you needed addressed. All I ever heard was how great the the car runs now. What you are posting now is total BS! You knew the deal we made was between me and you and the only thing that Dave had to do with it was letting me use his computer and edit to tune your car.

Last edited by NB99Z; 04-01-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well tell me your thoughts..... I've tried to find a scanner or digi cam to post dyno sheet, but to no avail. Car was running VERY rich, starting to question the guy that tuned it....So hopefully a couple more ponies once I get tuning straightened out, but :

409.3 whp
390 wtq

ls6 intake
pacesetter LT's
ported/polished TB
Lid
Ls1edit
all free mods

thoughts?

those are extremely good numbers. i usually see that cam dyno around 390rwhp with all the bolt ons.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Teching In

I thought you posted on another board you had ported heads also? Maybe I'm dreaming things up.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NB99Z
No Dave did not tune your car I DID. You got a street tune (About a year ago) and I TOLD You when I did it that I had your wide open throttle O2's set at .920 (They were over 1000 before the tune). Since the car was not on a dyno using wide band and that factory O2 sensor are not very good at wot that I would rather set the o2 reading a little high because I have seen to many cars set at .890 on the street and be lean on the dyno. You seem to think that keeping the tune safe was a good thing at the time.
Also you car would hardly idle, had sensors unpluged and had a long list of code when I got it. But when you got it back it seem to start right up and idle and run just fine. I never charged you a dime for all the extra stuff I had to do either. You told me over and over how great the car was to drive after I tuned it. I also told you to bring it back if you had any other problems you needed addressed. All I ever heard was how great the the car runs now. What you are posting now is total BS! You knew the deal we made was between me and you and the only thing that Dave had to do with it was letting me use his computer and edit to tune your car.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

409.3 whp
390 wtq

ls6 intake
pacesetter LT's
ported/polished TB
Lid
Ls1edit
all free mods

thoughts?
That is the direction I'm going did you go with the 112 LSA or 114 LSA?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

410 with just a cam? Thats some sweet tuning right there. Sweet enough that I would hand my keys over.

NB99z, do you do lt1 stuff too? I can supply the software. If so please shoot me a PM privately.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No Dave did not tune your car I DID. You got a street tune (About a year ago) and I TOLD You when I did it that I had your wide open throttle O2's set at .920 (They were over 1000 before the tune). Since the car was not on a dyno using wide band and that factory O2 sensor are not very good at wot that I would rather set the o2 reading a little high because I have seen to many cars set at .890 on the street and be lean on the dyno. You seem to think that keeping the tune safe was a good thing at the time.
Ouch.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Teching In

EDITED FOR SANITY SAKE

Last edited by sgalvin01; 04-01-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sgalvin
Car was running VERY rich, starting to question the guy that tuned it
IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT THAT IT'S RUNNING BAD....
Old 03-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97bowtie

because it's been over a year since it's been tuned.. I'm obviously not going to place the fault on his tuning, I mean anything could have happened between then and now.. When I first got it back, the tuning seemed to be fine, plus I got a good deal on it, so what wasn't to like..

And I just re-read my first post, and I guess what I said came out wrong.. I wasn't trying to slander Kevin (99ss or whatever it is...the tuner)... Guess I sould have re-read it before I actaully posted that.. SORRY KEVIN
Old 03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

because it's been over a year since it's been tuned.. I'm obviously not going to place the fault on his tuning, I mean anything could have happened between then and now.. When I first got it back, the tuning seemed to be fine, plus I got a good deal on it, so what wasn't to like..

And I just re-read my first post, and I guess what I said came out wrong.. I wasn't trying to slander Kevin (99ss or whatever it is...the tuner)... Guess I sould have re-read it before I actaully posted that.. SORRY KEVIN
Yeah, sounded like you were baggin on the tuner. That's the only reason I questioned it.

Old 03-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The thread started off with a question about your #'s and then it turned into a BASH about a particular tuner that did not even tune your car. The employee that tuned your car does not work there anymore and you drove the car around for it seems a year w/out issues. If OTHERS have had issues with the tuner you initially stated tuned your car they should post and YOU should not post for them. YOU should only talk about your experience with that tuner. BASHING someone on an open forum really decreases their chances of feeding their family. The automotive industry is very difficult for our vendors right now. Please resolve issues with tuners/vendors personally and if you do not get the results you like then contact a moderator directly and we will pursue a satisfactory resolution for both parties involved. With that said... No BASHING!!

You have been MODERATED!! Happy typing guys.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Didn't this already get resolved, me apologize for what came out as bashing, me saying that I drove it for a year without issues and that I didn't intend to BASH him... Moderate yourself... But thanks for your "help"
Old 03-31-2005, 07:22 PM
12 Second Truck Club

nice numbers though