Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

COD Modern Warfare 2: Tactics

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post COD Modern Warfare 2: Tactics

New Thread!

Rules: Simply a Discussion of the Game (includes Xbox360, PS3, and PC) that includes Strategy, Tactics, Camp Spots, Glitches, and Techinques that can help others.

For myself, there are always preferences on certain classes and depending on the situation.

1) For anyone who has not Prestiged yet, Get it over with. If you have any challanges that are near the next completion point, please by all means finish. Especially for "Mastery" achivements on Weapons. If you have at least 15 Penetration Kills with FMJ, then finish it.

Once you Prestige, you get new titles and one extra custom slot which opens up a lot of low level up opportunities. It took over 4 days (game time) to get my first prestige but since leveling up last week I'm already Level 40. It seemingly goes quicker next time around.

2) Play Ground War. I know its very busy but there is MANY opportunities to go after newbies and get your kills up.

3) For levels 1-10 Use the Riot Shield if you do not like any premade classes. I did like though the FAMAS Class. I stuck with it this time around.

Camp Spot:

This is my favorite spot in Sub Base. Works well with Sniping, Danger Close, or a good Assult Rifle (Famas). In the Server room, which is an upper level floor that has many Windows. Coming up the stairs. Break the 1st window on the Right, you DO NOT need to crouch. But you can sneek on the ledge to a alcove and you got a really good view of the middle part of the level.

You are protected from Air Support Kill Streaks (Harrier, Chopper, Predator) and most other things. I often get at least 4-5 kills, sometimes 8 before being found out. If playing a Hardcore game, NO KILL CAM, you can be there indefinitly.

I use stopping power and a silencer on a FAMAS, the only thing that often gets me is a heart beat sensor. IF I have a good team, often they will protect that side of the map and I can go on a tear.

More to come.

Please Post up!

EDIT** New Section: Game Tag

Rules: PM Me Your Gamer Tag.

(Name) (System (ps3, xbox, or pc). Do not post in Thread as I may miss it.

1) BlkScreaminMach (Xbox360) I play a bunch but sometimes I cannot stay on long. But feel free to invite or befriend.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 03-05-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added Gamer Tag Section
Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be doing some write ups with screen shots from the PC version soon, they'll be extensive/well written - The typical pub stuff then of course i'll be doing team/clan oriented tactics as well, and 3rd person team tactical.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned

Perks: Marathon,Lightweight,Ninja Pro.
Tactic: Run like crazy, knife everyone and there mother.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

my tactic is to get my *** kicked over and over im a newb lol
Old 03-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MuscleLs1Power
Perks: Marathon,Lightweight,Ninja Pro.
Tactic: Run like crazy, knife everyone and there mother.
lol my tactic...hunt down snipers/campers of any sort, and hunt down the guy who sneaks up behind me like 8 times a game and stabs me
Old 03-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Teching In

in all seriousness tho...this is how i do things...

primary-ACR with holographic sight

secondary-.44 magnum (and yes i light dudes up with it haha)

claymores, stun grenades

perks are sleight of hand, stopping power, and ninja

and because everyone has their bad games i use matrydom or whatever it is, because the grenade i leave behind gets me an occasional kill ;-)

tactic..walk around, never sprint (unless i need cover or im chasing u down from behind) and just walk towards wherever the bullets come from
Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 AM
CARTEK Racing

I was able to have awesome games with a sniper class in Derail, Estate, Underpass and Wasteland.. One time I ruled the game with a sniper class in Highrise... recently... I can only get a positive game as a sniper in Derail Estate, and occasionaly in Wasteland... not sure what the hell happend...

If I start sucking I break out my "JerkOff" class which is SCAR+M203, Scavanger Pro, Danger Close Pro and Ninja Pro lol If I start sucking... I start nube tubing to get my K/D back up lol I hate myself for doing it... but I am a nube lol
Old 03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

This Prestige I want the Skull title For Silenced Weapons and the FAMAS works well w/ Stopping power and there has been little detraction from it.

Another good KS/Camp Spot.

On Highrise in the beginning of a match. RUN over to the side that is opposite of the Helipad, Where the Cranes and stuff are. With my Holo Sight and FAMAS. I run and then go prone, looking down the corridor (the elevators are on this side). Guys running often do not see me and I can down 3-4 guys if they are bunched up and BAM there is my Care Package, and if I am lucky and the other now dead guys do not wise up. I often get my Sentry Gunner and then Air Drop.

I see which side the enemy is camping and toss a Sentry Gunner on the heli Pad top. IF I am lucky on my drops and get another Sentry gun. I will stick it on the other corner facing the other building. In most cases I should be mopping up the other team as height does not interfere with Sentry Gun.

IF your team is good, then they should be able to guard the helipad ramps and this would be the game changer!

MANY maps that have elevated spots that are wide open, Sentry Gunner can MOP UP!!

Underpass has a spot that is near the Sniper Nest, its a roof top where you jump up a garbage bin. I will get down and sit in the grassy area behind the bin. If an enemy tries to go after it. I shoot them in the back as the jump up. I got a Game winning kill that way
Old 03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Teching In

i pretty much use any light machine gun, mostly mini uzi. i use sleight of hands, lightweight, commando. I run around the map and get lots of knife kills. killstreaks i use care package, predator, harriers. as for camping...i dont! its soooo boring.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

^^here's a tip for ya on Highrise. instead of putting the Sentry gun on the Heli-pad go to the other side of the board and put it up on top near the tanker facing the same way and it'll reach all the way across the board and still get those kills. plus you only have to worry about them getting up there from one direction and with a claymore there, you can get an extra kill.

highrise is my favorite board and just had my best game last nite on it...60-18 with the Tar. killer game, best i ever had.

Last edited by TNTramair; 03-04-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

I have finally come to an opinion on my "Danger Close" Class.

Basically you need extra ammo to spam grenades and before I got Army of One, I would use Scavenger which works but it leaves you very exposed and once you get ammo, you need to manually reload which takes over 10 seconds to be fully prepared. Which is nice is if you use your frag/simtex/smoke grenade, it refills quickly but still, you can be killed easily.

Basically I set up my guy with my fav Assult Rifle (Famas)

Famas w/ Grenade Launcher
(no Secondary, One Man Army)
Smoke Grenade
Stun Grenade
One Man Army (Blue)
Danger Close (Red)
Commando (Yellow) (pick your poision as steady aim does nothing. Ninja is a good alt)
Final Stand/Martyrdom

Even though you lose a slot, and to me the Thumper sucks and if I were to care about an explosive 2nd weapon, that would be the RPG which is not earned until REAL LATE in the game.

One Man Army takes 5 seconds, and you just need to pick the same custom class and the ammo reloads automatic, no manual refill. Toss Smoke Grenades to keep yourself concealed. Spam and repeat.

Once you get a Kill Streak and if you get Air Support, you get extra Damage such as AC-130, Air Stirke, Harrier, Pave Low Ect ect. Last night my AC-130, would do consistant double and triple kills with ease.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I have finally come to an opinion on my "Danger Close" Class.

Basically you need extra ammo to spam grenades and before I got Army of One, I would use Scavenger which works but it leaves you very exposed and once you get ammo, you need to manually reload which takes over 10 seconds to be fully prepared. Which is nice is if you use your frag/simtex/smoke grenade, it refills quickly but still, you can be killed easily.

Smoke Grenade
Stun Grenade
One Man Army (Blue)
Danger Close (Red)
Commando (Yellow) (pick your poision as steady aim does nothing. Ninja is a good alt)
Final Stand/Martyrdom

Even though you lose a slot, and to me the Thumper sucks and if I were to care about an explosive 2nd weapon, that would be the RPG which is not earned until REAL LATE in the game.

One Man Army takes 5 seconds, and you just need to pick the same custom class and the ammo reloads automatic, no manual refill. Toss Smoke Grenades to keep yourself concealed. Spam and repeat.

Once you get a Kill Streak and if you get Air Support, you get extra Damage such as AC-130, Air Stirke, Harrier, Pave Low Ect ect. Last night my AC-130, would do consistant double and triple kills with ease.
steady aim works extremely well on guns with good accuracy like the hand guns and pistols. also works great with the tar and Acr...i virtually dont need to aim to get kills. hip fire is amazing on those guns with steady aim.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good thread
Old 03-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by TNTramair
steady aim works extremely well on guns with good accuracy like the hand guns and pistols. also works great with the tar and Acr...i virtually dont need to aim to get kills. hip fire is amazing on those guns with steady aim.
Oh Steady Aim Does work but in this post I made a Danger Close/Noob Tuber class in which you do NOT get credit for Steady Aim Kills. When I run around with Rangers I will leave this on, Also with my Spaz or any Akimbo Weapons.

Check it out next time you go Grenade Killing.

Also another FYI, Tactical Knife does not give you kills Towards the Prestige Title (.45, M9, 44 Mag, Desert Eagle) as it is a Melee Kill, But works towards the Marksman acheivement. BUT my Famas with G. Launcher, it counts, go fig.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well i know when i play. Im an easy kill so my strategy is to run and hide and let the players on the other team work for their kills against my better teammates and that usually gets us a victory
Old 03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Internet Mechanic

I had a spectacular weekend. I decided to play Sabotage and I know what needs to be done so I set up a Sprinter Class and went to town. My team did nothing and the other team was clueless as well. I **** YOU NOT, I went 6-0 blowing up their Ammo Pile before people left and good players came on. Then it slow down to a grind as I could get the bomb there but my team mates were not playing together and everyone was camping.... WTF!

Sprinter Class: Load out

- Sub Machine Gun (of your choice)
- Hand Gun (your choice but built up to have a Tactical Knife)
- Marathon
- Light Weight
- Commando
- Smoke Grenade
- Stun G.
- Pain Killer

This often helped me get some new achivements.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Internet Mechanic

I was playing a TON of Free For All with my Spaz and Silenced Famas and changed my KS to....

Predetor Missle
Harrier
Pave Low.

I often do well with Care Package type rewards but often I have to leave my camped spot and everyone runs for the package and if I do NOT toss both Grenades, I often gotta run back leave the sentry gun in it's place and hope it is not blown up. So leaving myself exposed can be a real pain.

My Pred. Missle can often get 1-2 and then the Harrier pops up and get 3-5 and then Pavelow can do even more. 15 Kill Streak is not out of the question on a FFA game.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

Primary-ACR Holographic w/stopping power
secondary-AA-12 w/extended mags
FTW!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
Primary-ACR Holographic w/stopping power
secondary-AA-12 w/extended mags
FTW!!!!!
My 1st run through I fell in love with the ACR w/ ACOG and SP and did awesome. As for the AA12, I toss it up to Akimbo's Ranger which coupled with Slight of Hand is GODLY. I was not impressed with the 1887's
Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine

Smoke Grenade
Stun Grenade
One Man Army (Blue)
Danger Close (Red)
Final Stand/Martyrdom

I tried out the famas because of you and im really impressed .. I stayed away from it because the damage is pretty low but i get alot of quick killls some how must be the fire rate...

i only just got the ranger so im gonna try that out in my light weight class...

Is ninja even usefull??? I don't even have one man army yet..hear that's an awesome perk..

im IllwillKillzu on xbox360 im decent my Killdeath ratio is: 1.17

mastered ACR.. but hate the ACOG.. the sight is so constricting i find it a lot more difficult to hit bitches on the run wit lightweight

Last edited by shadyLS6; 03-11-2010 at 09:26 AM.