Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Island Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Island Dragway

Anyone go to Island, either on Fridays or Saturdays? We usually have a small group of local F-body people go every Friday starting in April. I'm always there on Saturdays for the Pro Bracket class.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NOTFORGED383
Anyone go to Island, either on Fridays or Saturdays? We usually have a small group of local F-body people go every Friday starting in April. I'm always there on Saturdays for the Pro Bracket class.
We went years ago it's just a little to Short of a shut down for us Now.....frank
Old 03-07-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was down a bunch of times last yr usually on Friday nites last. Alot of buddies broken there cars there last yr so it started to slim down how much I went, I'll be goin as soon as I get my car back together
Old 03-07-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

been there many times, my buddy used to run his little chevette with a 408, and i ran my 77 nova. he also ran his banana yellow 72 split bumper z there, few yrs back we used to go every weekend
Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I go to Island Dragway. Not a fan of the road that leads in but the people are nice. I may be there next friday in my 99 TA. It's black with gunmetal rims, and my helmet has Beg for Mercy on one side and the phoenix on the other. Say hi if you see me, my name is Al.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

I was there several times last year and will be there again this year.

Not a bad place. They repaved the track late last year.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM
8 Second Club

I used to go there when my car was slower.... It's beter then nothing but i'd rather go to Atco or E-town
Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pseudonym
I go to Island Dragway. Not a fan of the road that leads in but the people are nice. I may be there next friday in my 99 TA. It's black with gunmetal rims, and my helmet has Beg for Mercy on one side and the phoenix on the other. Say hi if you see me, my name is Al.
I think y leave the road like that on purpose! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa
I was there several times last year and will be there again this year.

Not a bad place. They repaved the track late last year.
Yeah, the track is real nice since they repaved it.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

does anyone know when they open up this yr? what's the quickest ET they let u run b4 u need a cage for there track ?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
does anyone know when they open up this yr? what's the quickest ET they let u run b4 u need a cage for there track ?
They opened today.
Same as NHRA rules 11.49 and quicker.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pseudonym
Not a fan of the road that leads in
That's what stands out in my mind as well from the one or two times I've been there, a LONG rocky/wavey road in to the parking/track area.

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
i'd rather go to Atco or E-town
Same here.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Banned

Didn't want to call my car out this year on the internet? They could definately use some renovations but I don't mind the place. The biggest turnoff for me isn't the entrance road, it's the attitude of some of the employees. About half of them are outgoing and polite, but the other half act like you owe them something to run there.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MuscleLs1Power
Didn't want to call my car out this year on the internet? They could definately use some renovations but I don't mind the place. The biggest turnoff for me isn't the entrance road, it's the attitude of some of the employees. About half of them are outgoing and polite, but the other half act like you owe them something to run there.
You really cant let it go can you! I am honored to have so many internet stalkers. I'll come to your shop to call you out if you want. Your brother started the nonsense, I tried to end it but you never show up with YOUR car. By the way I have been 10.34, you have been 10.35. Either way I'll be @ Island like I stated and you can either bring your car or stay out of my threads.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went there yesterday for opening day. There was only like 10-15 cars. The track was still to cold for some reason, i was spinning through first and second. But the track is somewhat close to me, so ill be going throughout the year.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
I went there yesterday for opening day. There was only like 10-15 cars. The track was still to cold for some reason, i was spinning through first and second. But the track is somewhat close to me, so ill be going throughout the year.
Were you in the Pewter SS racing a Black Caliber R/T? I was there, I had to get fuel, I was driving around the pits in a white T/A with a black hood.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Launching!

You really cant let it go can you! I am honored to have so many internet stalkers. I'll come to your shop to call you out if you want. Your brother started the nonsense, I tried to end it but you never show up with YOUR car. By the way I have been 10.34, you have been 10.35. Either way I'll be @ Island like I stated and you can either bring your car or stay out of my threads.

This is the kid I heard about. "I'll come to your shop to call you out if you want" Why is it that you always try to be so big on the computer?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by transam981331
This is the kid I heard about. "I'll come to your shop to call you out if you want" Why is it that you always try to be so big on the computer?
Ill be big in real life too buddy. Youre little friend finally comes to the track and brings 4 people with him! You guys kill me. Like I said Im at the track every weekend, car #2593. Feel free to stop by. Are you the one with the Black LS1 popping, sputtering and spitting flames!!!! Good luck with that. I was running faster on 7 cylinders buddy. I have never had a problem with anyone on the forums until SSP showed up and Im the one being big on the computer! I dont act big, I just dont take **** from people when they talk non stop over the keyboard. These two talk so much crap moderators delete half the threads and posts they make. Race your "CAM ONLY" car against me or shut your mouth. Charlie started it, Im ending it. RACE or STFU. By the way why do you need to lie so much. You make a thread saying you and your brother are building 440's. Now you are going for the cam only record again. You should run for President, you dont know what the hell you are doing.

Oh yeah and like every other thread of mine you comment on I should add one of these

Last edited by NOTFORGED383; 03-08-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
8 Second Club

Ill be big in real life too buddy. Youre little friend finally comes to the track and brings 4 people with him! You guys kill me. Like I said Im at the track every weekend, car #2593. Feel free to stop by. Are you the one with the Black LS1 popping, sputtering and spitting flames!!!! Good luck with that. I was running faster on 7 cylinders buddy. I have never had a problem with anyone on the forums until Super Slow Performance showed up and Im the one being big on the computer! I dont act big, I just dont take **** from people when they talk non stop over the keyboard. These two talk so much crap moderators delete half the threads and posts they make. Race your "CAM ONLY" car against me or shut your mouth. Charlie started it, Im ending it. RACE or STFU. By the way why do you need to lie so much. You make a thread saying you and your brother are building 440's. Now you are going for the cam only record again. You should run for President, you dont know what the hell you are doing.

Oh yeah and like every other thread of mine you comment on I should add one of these

Thank you for including me in ur bs once again. your more then welcome to come and check out the cam only motor for $500 i will pull it apart infront of you. PS my 440 has been done for a long time and tunned just have not had the time to play with it. For future ref. Leave my name out of ur BS
Old 03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Banned

Ill be big in real life too buddy. Youre little friend finally comes to the track and brings 4 people with him! You guys kill me. Like I said Im at the track every weekend, car #2593. Feel free to stop by. Are you the one with the Black LS1 popping, sputtering and spitting flames!!!! Good luck with that. I was running faster on 7 cylinders buddy. I have never had a problem with anyone on the forums until Super Slow Performance showed up and Im the one being big on the computer! I dont act big, I just dont take **** from people when they talk non stop over the keyboard. These two talk so much crap moderators delete half the threads and posts they make. Race your "CAM ONLY" car against me or shut your mouth. Charlie started it, Im ending it. RACE or STFU. By the way why do you need to lie so much. You make a thread saying you and your brother are building 440's. Now you are going for the cam only record again. You should run for President, you dont know what the hell you are doing.
I am building a LSX not sure on the ci because I was mistakenly sent a tall deck block Actually the wax car(that's what you like to call it right?) is completely apart. You will see the end result of my crapsmanship (another public low-blow from you) is 2nd to none. I'll be at the shop where you dyno'd your car tomorrow doing a clutch in a 2001 Freightliner FLD 120 from 9am-5pm feel free to stop by, 4250 rt 94 Goshen,NY 10924 PS you and your business partners aren't going to get too far bashing cartek.

Last edited by MuscleLs1Power; 03-08-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Launching!