Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

RT28 Motors N.reading MASS. Scammers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RT28 Motors N.reading MASS. Scammers!

Bought a CTSV from these scammers the other day is check this story out i hope this is the right section if not please move!

I live in MD and chatted with Brad at RT28 motors in N. Reading Mass. about a 11' Cadillac CTS-V they had in stock many emails and calls later he assured me this car was near perfect being i could not just drive there being 400 miles away and only minor things were repaired such as a rocker moulding and a ding on the hood and it had a clean one owner carfax report which he hides behind.
Well low and behold i purchase the car based on what Brad has discribed i make shipping arrangements the car shows up 10 min. later i clearly see that both rear quarter panels have been painted very poorly and very noticable, the front bumper in missing parts on the bottom and underside is cracked up,the rear bumper has stress cracks in the upper flat surface and a small chunk missing, the driverside rear door was painted, the front bumper was also touched up poorly, the center console is badly scratched up, the drivers door has damage to the frame form someone beaking into the car looks like a screw driver or such and that damage was touched up not that paint covers the 4"s of dent left from prying! , also the drivers door panel has a wood grain insert which is cracked!!!!!
This is after 10min of looking none of this was disclosed to me and i clearly asked many times and stated how **** i am.
After a conversation with Brad the owner did not have the decency to call he said the car was in perfect shape when it left and that damage must have happened in transport! I guess the paint work happened on the 400 mile ride also.
He still hides behind the clean carfax report which means little there are lots of ways around them and said the paint work looked fine they are in the car business and they cant tell that was some of the worst paint work i seen they are either blind or lying i think the later.
I'm taking the car to a local dealership for a full inspection to see if in fact it was in a accident and that it was covered up along with some other things i will find out the true story of the car!
Rt28 motors clearly scammed me being a out of towner and refuse to take the car back which is forcing me to take legal action but in the end i will walking away with my head up thats a promise!
So all who read this stay far away from RT28 motors they are the small dealer everyone warns you about please spread the word!!!!

Last edited by 6togo; 05-14-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear it , I know a car guy from another forum I am on that lives in North reading we have bought and sold many parts and even a car between us if I had known you were looking I would have hooked you up with him to take a peek at it for you.

Anyone reading this always find a car guy to be your 3rd party eyes if you cant see it yourself , its a small world if you use the forums to find someone close to a car your interested in even if it costs you $50 for someones time to go look at a car and take pictures of the worst things they see , anyone selling anything uses the best pictures can get....
Old 05-14-2015, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Yea i didnt think to ask on the forums for Ma locals that could pay a visit being i could not lesson learned!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty much what murph said. Never buy sight unseen. Personally, if I wanted it bad enough, I'd take the time to make the trip and check it out in person. Better to be out small travel expenses than the price of a car. And I've certainly done that before, although not quite that far. I've gone on a few trips to see cars that were an hour or two away only to find lying dealers/owners. You can make stuff look really good in pictures haha.

Sorry you're stuck in this situation.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Small dealers buy subpar cars all the time. Expecialy a new 11 from a small used car place gives a big red flag. That's a car the dealer would sell if it was good.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Small dealers buy subpar cars all the time. Expecialy a new 11 from a small used car place gives a big red flag. That's a car the dealer would sell if it was good.
The best advice I've heard in a while. The newer cars from lease programs are sold to dealerships over the Internet before they even have a chance to get to wholesale auctions. Used car lots pick up the bottom barrel lease program cars from auctions.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

This was a auction car and i found out today it was repo'd i also got a GM history report which shows good maint. and the rear diff was just changed under warranty in March. I have the oringal owners name also trying to contact him for details. It still have 19 months of bumper to bumper warranty also.
I dont know about the small lot thing there are many around my area that have some high end cars with good reputations.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 6togo
Yea i didnt think to ask on the forums for Ma locals that could pay a visit being i could not lesson learned!
I'm sorry you didn't, I think I actually looked at that car as I test drove a few Vs back in early April around here and I recalled one that was fine from far away but as I got closer you could tell the body panels had been repainted and didn't match quite right. I don't believe I even spoke with anyone about it as I just walked away after seeing the car in person.

Hope it works out for you, not sure what course of action you have. Just because a body panel was repainted doesn't mean it goes in the carfax. Only accidents go on there, so if this was done privately or without an accident report then there would be nothing on the carfax. So they may have not lied about it being a "no accident car", but just didn't disclose any paint work. That unfortunately is not something that you can hold to them legally about.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Yes that is corrrect and i know i will be stuck with it but if it was in a accident thats another story. I guess the good thing is now i know another person seen the bad paint work which they claimed looked perfect to them! I even have the photos from the original listing which shows some of the damage they said the transporter did and stuff they would never let leave their lot what a crock!
They did not disclose many things like it was a repo and all the damage/paint work which if you,myself,and my 13 yr old son can see plan as day that should something to work with.
The big thing is i would not have paid that much for the car being it was painted/repaired/needing things so that is where they really got me!

Quick Reply: RT28 Motors N.reading MASS. Scammers!