Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I got a sweet 2 pc drive shaft at atco!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 11:09 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking I got a sweet 2 pc drive shaft at atco!!!!

wake up with 3" of snow on the ground! go to the East Side @ 5am, everyone is here. load the car on my tralor after a few tweeks to try to get the car to 60'!!
snowing like mad i try to get my car on the tralor. snow and slicks just dont go! i did get up tho, but slid and scuffed my tire on the wheel well.
anyway drive from ESP to Atco, cold as hell. get the bottle warm, new plugs, go for 1st pass. good burnout, t-brake go what the hell, no spray!!!!oh ****, spray, sidways, off the gas, on the gas, no spray again. stupid car. abort run get back, we go threw it, find my fancy NX WOT switch **** the bed. luck for me, i had a regular old sty wot. between us we got it in and ready. sweet. second pass, i missed the water, no burnout. t-brake BANG!!!!! 1.45 60'!!!!! after 50-60 feet, spun sidways, of the gas on the gas, pull 2nd, no good spin spin. go back around car right infront of me goes 9.7 and then flips!!!!!!!
anyway, i say oh god please dont let that happen to me. nice burnout, t-brake, the car was ready, green. BOOOOMMMMMM what the F---- was that? get the car back by push power, and find my driveshaft in 2 parts!!!! it snaped that **** right in half! nice. pack it up
go thing was, the car hooked like mad!! 1.4 with no touching the shocks!! i think i may call it a year after seeing that car go over. thats the 3rd one this year, and i think im going to go about this right and get my Seats, 10pt and certified. its time. Mission acomplished for this year, i got my 9, and im done till next season.
Thanks again to the ESP crew. maybe next weekend i can swing down and help with the red car???
Old 11-14-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Brad: Was the flipper another 4th gen F-bod?? WJ
Old 11-14-2004, 11:30 AM
8 second mod

No it was an older style vett. but still, 9.7 @ 136, and he went over, the other car i saw was a 9.5 car and the 3rd was an 8.9 car and he flipped at the 1/8. screw that, if my car isnt safe, im not racing. i need to button it up, have lots of plans for the winter. weight reduction, new intake/t-body. a little cleanup of some wiring, and an R+R of the motor (i think) reasons for r+r is to clean up the engine bay, clean up some wiring, re setup my n2o on the new intake, bla bla bla, i hope to get everything done this winter and comming out strong next season. i also might pull the heads and take a peak at the motor and valve job ect.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:43 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wind and no hook is a funny thing,alot of times guys dont get out of it or let off and then hit the throttle again.Not too bright but sometimes u cant tell people how to drive...

9's for the yr arent too bad...
Old 11-14-2004, 11:52 AM
8 second mod

Thanks js.
yhea, that guy finished the run to. thats the scaery part. looked like it went around on him when he hit the brakes.
anyway. my 9.9 would have been much better if the drive shaft took my 1.4, i went 9.9 with a 1.6 60', and my wot switch was screwed up so it boged, and i think that was a big issue. out tweeks went from a 1.6 to a 1.4 so next season im sure low 1.4 or 1.3 60's lighter, the car should go prety dam good
Old 11-14-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, Congrats on the 9's. Things happen real fast at those speeds. Concentrate on what it takes to make you safe when you get into that thing next season.....Cold asphalt this late in the season contributes to alot of the accidents, IMO. You 're alot more likely to be able to bring a car back after losing it on warm asphalt than on the cold stuff....WJ
Old 11-14-2004, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea Brad either get a new driveshaft and lets go back next week or get the car safe legal and lite, (this would be my choice) especially after seeing your car skate around and then seeing that vette crash at the top end

your at that level where safety really needs to be addressed NOW and with the chances of getting sent home on the after the first full pass why waste all thart time driving to the track in the cold to only get sent home after one 9 sec pass

so when the 10pt and cert are done lets go get your licence passes done and see what the car can do....
Old 11-14-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brad,

You KNOW what you need to do before you go racing again (and it's not a new driveshaft)! Get a 10 or 12 pt. cage in ASAP because it's pretty hard to run the number if you're DEAD.

Oh yeah, congratulations on the great 60' time!

-Ken

P.S. I don't want to sound negative but you're getting into the territory where safety rules/equipment might actually keep you from getting hurt. We all love this sport and accept that there are risks involved with going fast but there is no need to add unneccessary risk.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thats awesome man! With a 1.4 60' you know you would have atleast gone 9.7x, and now that you know the full throttle switch was messed up god knows the possibilities. The safety issue definitely needs to be addressed though i agree! Flipping wouldnt be so cool. I cant wait for spring! To bad its so far away
Old 11-14-2004, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was it a stock driveshaft or aftermarket one?
Old 11-14-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

brad i told you if we moved your crank 3 inches it would 60 better
I just cant figure out how those other mass boys found out our secret
Old 11-14-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OSR 1
I know where that started , no one with any knowledge of cars believed it though, umm cause its IMPOSSIBLE....

....even for you guys
Old 11-14-2004, 03:37 PM
8 second mod

yhea, safty is my plan, im already set for a set of kirkes, and a cert 10pt, and some removal of unneccecery weight!!
the car will be torn apart and cleaned up and its a go.
Mike, Not sure what your talking about, but you shouldnt listen to everything you hear, and you know me well enoph that if you want to ask, pm me.
Don, it was an after market. it was alum, but just didnt like my dead hook on a sticky tire and 700 rwhp out of the hole!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OSR 1
lmao brad knows the kid who said that lol
Old 11-14-2004, 04:05 PM
8 second mod

Ken, we should have just pulled the crank out!! would have been 50 pounds off the nose!!!
MY, I do??????
who said it, and who told them?
and why do you post it up like you have no idea? why not just ask me?
Old 11-14-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Noyzee
yhea, safty is my plan, im already set for a set of kirkes, and a cert 10pt, and some removal of unneccecery weight!!
the car will be torn apart and cleaned up and its a go.
Mike, Not sure what your talking about, but you shouldnt listen to everything you hear, and you know me well enoph that if you want to ask, pm me.
Don, it was an after market. it was alum, but just didnt like my dead hook on a sticky tire and 700 rwhp out of the hole!!!
brad I didnt even bother asking you about it since it was so friggin stupid and impossible to begin with. You got enough to deal with getting it ready to run 9's. It was funny to read it though, I just shook my head.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:18 PM
8 second mod

see mike, your not hearing me. impossable? no it is not! trust me!
you just herd funny info. when did you read it? you mean osr1's post?
Old 11-14-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PurEvl
brad I didnt even bother asking you about it since it was so friggin stupid and impossible to begin with. You got enough to deal with getting it ready to run 9's. It was funny to read it though, I just shook my head.
exactly it was just fun making a joke out of it to see if anyone would catch on I guess only osr did??
Old 11-14-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Noyzee
see mike, your not hearing me. impossable? no it is not! trust me!
you just herd funny info. when did you read it? you mean osr1's post?
huh? A crank can be off 3"? A reluctor wheel maybe? Or I have seen a crank relearn needed but how could it be off physically? Well either way, I didnt believe it since your car is running and what not. I wouldnt worry about it brad. I saw it on another car board a while ago. Just laughed about it and ignored it. People like it when people with fast cars break or dont run right, Im used to it as you definetly should be
Old 11-14-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

I almost got three inches of my crank torn off last night!