Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

guilty

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 03:09 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default guilty

well i was in front of the judge today to fight a speeding ticket, 72 in 65, of coure the state cop shows up-nothing better to do
guilty- 120 bucks- this state sux. i figured the jugde would give me a break for only a few mph over the limit.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

what you do to **** em off im more surprised they even gave you a ticket . that sucks man
Old 01-19-2006, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

you got pulled over for less than 10 mph over? wtf...
Old 01-19-2006, 06:17 PM

Not quilty, Wasn't me.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

I got a ticket once in CT on 91. I was going 71 in a 55. $200
Old 01-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Launching!

You weren't guilty, there is no more guilty or innocent in the courts. Now it's only cash or check. What a bunch of sell outs! And then you see those same scumbags who gave you the ticket doing all kinds of violations behind the wheel. ******* hypocrites! No turn signals, speeding, tailgating, etc. If only someone would film them...might make the evening news a bit interesting.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by matt6822
You weren't guilty, there is no more guilty or innocent in the courts. Now it's only cash or check. What a bunch of sell outs! And then you see those same scumbags who gave you the ticket doing all kinds of violations behind the wheel. ******* hypocrites! No turn signals, speeding, tailgating, etc. If only someone would film them...might make the evening news a bit interesting.
Welcome to America. I college one of my professors who was a Providence police sergeant, openly admitted during one of his lectures he got pulled over for DUI one night leaving Mohegan Sun but since he flashed his badge the statey that pulled him over let him go.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why are people bashing the cop or court system in this case?

PDD was going over the speed limit, was caught, went to courty expecting a favor because he didnt really want to pay, had to follow the rules and pay for violating the speed limit and the judical system sucks?

Gimme a break guys, you know your breaking the law and you know what is going to happen if your caught. You either break the law or you dont, whats up with this "well I only broke it a little" garbage?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Launching!

If it makes you feel better, I went to court last week for 68 in a 40 and they dropped the case.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Why are people bashing the cop or court system in this case?

PDD was going over the speed limit, was caught, went to courty expecting a favor because he didnt really want to pay, had to follow the rules and pay for violating the speed limit and the judical system sucks?

Gimme a break guys, you know your breaking the law and you know what is going to happen if your caught. You either break the law or you dont, whats up with this "well I only broke it a little" garbage?
I think DIESO is on to something. Even though it sucks paying fines. I have to agree with his statement 100%
Old 01-20-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not bashing the judicial system. I am bashing the politics behind it. Can you guys tell me in all honesty that it's ok for a cop to get away with more than any of us EVER could due to the fact that he has a badge? What if my professor pulled away from getting pulled over and drove 15 miles down the road and killed your mother/sister/daughter? Would you be sticking up for the judicial system then? NO....and that's the part of the system I am bashing.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:05 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tracer X
I think DIESO is on to something. Even though it sucks paying fines. I have to agree with his statement 100%
very true bottom line is if you did the crime you gotta do the time as much as it may suck.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

a smart enough cop could get away with murder if he really knows what hes doin...not that any of them do, but ya could understand the referance.
biggest thing i see is the whole tint law...its illegal but il be damn if every single cop i know has his own personal vehicle tinted as dark as they want it. alot of cops get away with crap b/c of being a cop. they abuse their given aithority but im sure that there are consequences if they get caught doin it. no PD in their own right would want the reputation of bad or crooked cops.

sucks for you about the ticket though..kinda low blow.

perfect example...getting 9 years for trying to defraud Wendys but some guy in Virginia only gets 6 months in jail and some probation for tryin to abduct and rape a child. sickning!!
Old 01-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Teching In

I'm sure everyone here has perks of their job. Even if your the high school kid that works at McDonalds and gives your friend free food. It's the same thing. I got a friend that does body work and he gives me a discount. What the difference?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tonyrssll
I'm sure everyone here has perks of their job. Even if your the high school kid that works at McDonalds and gives your friend free food. It's the same thing. I got a friend that does body work and he gives me a discount. What the difference?
perks of being a cop is a good pension and free coffee and donuts...not breakin the law.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Humanitarian

Ok so other people break the law so you should be excused as well. If thats the case, why even have a set of laws in the first place.

Nothing is perfect nor will it ever be.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Teching In

I'm not saying a cop can break the law. It's common curtisity (sp?) on the small stuff like speeding.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Humanitarian

That's just stupid, your admitting that certian people are above the law.

When you register to become a cop does it say you get a pension, health care and no speeding tickets?
Old 01-20-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm surprized the trooper actually wrote him up for 7 MPH over. I can see maybe the cut off only being 5 over, but you'd figure he'd at least get a warning.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tbyrne
I'm surprized the trooper actually wrote him up for 7 MPH over. I can see maybe the cut off only being 5 over, but you'd figure he'd at least get a warning.
thats just a case of boredom at its finest. not to mention if he was in his sporty little car, all the more to want to break his *****.