Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Taking the WS6 to Rapid Motorsports on Fri!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking the WS6 to Rapid Motorsports on Fri!!

Well after talking several times to Mikey up at Rapid, im finally taking my 02 WS6 up to him on fri to get the ARH 1 3/4" headers and y-pipe w/cats, custom grind cam, u/d pulley, & ls2 chain I already have the slp lid and gmmg catback exhaust so it outta sound pretty mean. Im anxious to get it done and see what this thing will put down and sound like...he def sounds like he knows his stuff and ive read nothing but great things about mikey and rapid so it sounds like my baby is in good hands...ill try to post a vid of it and numbers when i get it back...hoping mikey can make a vid of it on the dyno too
Old 07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hell yeah. mikey is the man. def. took your baby to the right place. and yes it is in good hands. try to post some #'s and possibly a video clip. look forward to seeing it.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mikey will take good care of you.
I hope you like it loud since you have the GMMG.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NOZR1
Mikey will take good care of you.
I hope you like it loud since you have the GMMG.
lol...how loud we talking here, lets say on a scale of 1-10?? Mikey said it wouldnt be too bad at idle but WOT would scream. Should sound pretty good tho, right??
Old 07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Restricted User

On a scale of 1-10...i'd say about a 15.

Seriously, it's going to be LOUD. But it will be an absolutely beautiful noise, I had a GMMG and loved the sound, only got rid of it because i'm getting too old and couldn't take the constant live concert coming out of the tailpipes on a tired drive home at 2AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
On a scale of 1-10...i'd say about a 15.

Seriously, it's going to be LOUD. But it will be an absolutely beautiful noise, I had a GMMG and loved the sound, only got rid of it because i'm getting too old and couldn't take the constant live concert coming out of the tailpipes on a tired drive home at 2AM.
LOL, I know that feeling. Old age is a bitch
Old 07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Hmm...most of my neighbors are all old...this could get a lil interesting. Then again they can just turn their hearing aids down a bit...lol. And i dont drive my car much anyway...mike already knows about that...lmao
Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

It can't be anyworse than SLP's Loudmouth 1 exhaust. I would think if anything it should sound better the LM when you're easing into the throttle unlike the Ungodly raspyness that LM has. That's one thing that annoys me about my LM. Other than that WOT sounds awesome, I'd love to hear a GMMG in person.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UGOTWS6D
lol...how loud we talking here, lets say on a scale of 1-10?? Mikey said it wouldnt be too bad at idle but WOT would scream. Should sound pretty good tho, right??
On my 408 with long tubes and ORY it would make your ears bleed at WOT. It wasn't a nice sound either. I put a catted Y and SLP dual/dual on and now it's really quiet with a nice sound. In Delaware I had to pass a 95 dB test for inspection and my new exhaust set up passed by a mile. It was only 76 dB at 2500 rpm. I'm sure I'm leaving a little power on the table, but I'm ok with that. My car is a bit of a sleeper and I like that. If you decide to ever sell the GMMG, post it on here and it will be sold in a day. I know, because that's what I did.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Launching!

Im thinking i should be ok with it as far as being loud and the sound...im gonna be running cats so that should help...mike finished it up the other day and is going to dyno the car Tues and i plan to pick it up on Wed

A buddy of mine has the slp LT's and the LM 1....personally i like the GMMG better...i think it has a deeper tone which is why i got it. I guess ill find out later this week how she sounds...but i have read on here that the GMMG gets kinda raspy if u use an ORY....ill post the numbers when i get it back and ill make a vid toward the end of the week
Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UGOTWS6D
Im thinking i should be ok with it as far as being loud and the sound...im gonna be running cats so that should help...mike finished it up the other day and is going to dyno the car Tues and i plan to pick it up on Wed

A buddy of mine has the slp LT's and the LM 1....personally i like the GMMG better...i think it has a deeper tone which is why i got it. I guess ill find out later this week how she sounds...but i have read on here that the GMMG gets kinda raspy if u use an ORY....ill post the numbers when i get it back and ill make a vid toward the end of the week
cool. keep us posted.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It's done
Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikey
It's done
come on mikey, don't leave us hanging. whats the numbers.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off topic alittle but Mikey have any heads and cam options that make sweet power na for turbocharging? Want to get the motor taken care of first this time before i boost it . Just wondering Im looking at next year for this
Old 07-22-2008, 04:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cool28
Off topic alittle but Mikey have any heads and cam options that make sweet power na for turbocharging? Want to get the motor taken care of first this time before i boost it . Just wondering Im looking at next year for this
Oh yes
Old 07-22-2008, 06:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by kenSS
Sorry Kenny, I promised I would let TJ (OP) do that. I can tell you that it's close to the other Dominator 2 cam kits I've done. It drives very nice.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Default Here Are The Numbers!

Originally Posted by kenSS
Well I wont leave u guys hanging...im not picking my car up until Thurs but Mike called me this morning and had the car dynoed and done a lil after 10...it put down 423hp/392tq....i promise ill try to get a vid together by Sat evening and post it either Sat nite or sometime Sun depending on what all comes up....stay tuned.

Mike, thanks a ton for squeezing my car in, I cant wait to pick it up!! U know u probably put more miles on it Tues than i put on it in 2 years lol...see ya Thurs!!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikey
Sorry Kenny, I promised I would let TJ (OP) do that. I can tell you that it's close to the other Dominator 2 cam kits I've done. It drives very nice.
i'm jealous. good work mikey.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:18 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! Great numbers. That exhaust will be very loud - just the way it should be
Old 07-24-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Hey look...another satisfied Rapid customer...hmmm...imagine that...