Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Crash Kills three people in Holly Hill

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crash Kills three people in Holly Hill

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...car_crash.html

Wow, this reminds me of a wreck that happened up at the F-body gathering years and years and years ago. People were ejected from the car in that case too.

If anyone knows the person/persons affected and/or family members, my condolences.

Chill on the streets people. If you don't care about your life, that's one thing, care about your passengers, people around you, and the car. Take it to the track and chill out on the roads.

I have.

And everyone drive safe.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

I was at that gathering... was a sad day for sure.

Last edited by N2OMIKE; 09-04-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Staging Lane

"Emergency workers said they had to do a thorough examination just to determine the victim’s genders."

That's a terrible thing to read. Lives aren't worth bragging rights. My condolences.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

was watching that last night as it broke the news. terrible man.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Banned

this is horrible to read may there souls rip
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

I'm getting tired of hearing about these people dying in street racing accidents. Like Lasombra said, chill out on the streets and race at the track.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not going to say I never street raced, so I will say I'm tired of people doing it with other people in their cars, and doing it in busy sections of town. Do it somewhere if you screw up you are going to take only yourself out. I'm all for tracks but they are only open at certain times. I have a two hour drive to any track, and I go there, but I'm sure some people in FL have it even worse than I do.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

Wow that is sad to read.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's horrible, hard to even make out the body lines of the car. It was wadded up bad.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah i was worried it was someone we knew also...had to call him today to make sure....there has always been an abundance of red camaros over there
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like an LT1 car by the shots in this news clip.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20716260/detail.html
Old 09-05-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

if that dont open peoples eyes i dont know what does
Old 09-05-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Interesting with more details, surprised there was someone over 50 in the car. Here I was thinking it would be three young people.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Thats horrible,
Old 09-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

this casts a dark shadow over young people w fbodies. guys be safe out there and if your gonna race do it where its legal and safe
Old 09-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Teching In

i just passed a wreck at 50 and black wood by walmart. a infiniti g35 took out a scion xb. i guess some one ran the red. there was some one on the side of the road but theres literally a hospital 200 ft away so i guess that was good
Old 09-06-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this is a case of someone acting stupid, it only takes a second to wreck or change your life. unfortunatley this looks bad on all of us that like nice fast, and upgraded cars. we all get lumped into a category. i dont condone street racing but there are areas where it can be done safely and smartly. we used to have an area in south jersey where we would meet on either sat or sunday nights. a very long stretch of road with spotters at both ends. even philly had front street back in the day, saw some really nice cars there. of course somebody gets hurt and its over. it even happens at a dedicated track, someone got through tech with a piece of junk. or the township builds homes right next to it. this is a shame but it does happen. im keeping my daughter locked up.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Wink "Ditto in & around NYC"....

Originally Posted by jam01
this is a case of someone acting stupid, it only takes a second to wreck or change your life. unfortunatley this looks bad on all of us that like nice fast, and upgraded cars. we all get lumped into a category. i dont condone street racing but there are areas where it can be done safely and smartly. we used to have an area in south jersey where we would meet on either sat or sunday nights. a very long stretch of road with spotters at both ends. even philly had front street back in the day, saw some really nice cars there. of course somebody gets hurt and its over. it even happens at a dedicated track, someone got through tech with a piece of junk. or the township builds homes right next to it. this is a shame but it does happen. im keeping my daughter locked up.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

A long lonely stretch of road does not make it ok. When you die there, and I hear about it in the paper and how how great you were blah blah, I think 2 things. First, we street raced long long ago. It was stupid then, but there were no strips. Now we have strips and there are no excuses. Second, you were not so great because you commited a crime that ended your life and in this case a couple others.

Take it to a drag strip. Rules, safety equipment, rescue crews waiting, etc. Period.

Call me old, call me what you want. Had they listened, there would be 3 people alive today.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
A long lonely stretch of road does not make it ok. When you die there, and I hear about it in the paper and how how great you were blah blah, I think 2 things. First, we street raced long long ago. It was stupid then, but there were no strips. Now we have strips and there are no excuses. Second, you were not so great because you commited a crime that ended your life and in this case a couple others.

Take it to a drag strip. Rules, safety equipment, rescue crews waiting, etc. Period.

Call me old, call me what you want. Had they listened, there would be 3 people alive today.
i hope you dont think i was saying it (was) ok to race on an empty back road, far from it. i was in no way glorifying it, even cops raced in there patrol cars, which still didnt make it right. the only thing i can say is it wasnt through town like it is now, we didnt race with others in the car. there were a lot less cars on the road. still as stupid as it was we were cautious as could be. it was usaually a bunch of bs' ing with a couple of cars going at it. maybe i was just reminicing a little of when i was younger and probally just lucky. but with movies glorifying street racing like tftf, no wonder kids are dying. and yes i do feel for these people and the ones they left behind. it is always sad

Quick Reply: Crash Kills three people in Holly Hill