Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Hello Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everyone!

New guy on the site, posted my info in the introduction section. Live in spring Hill, 30 minutes north of Tampa. Just got my hands on a black 94 formula and was wondering how often things happen down here in sunny Florida. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome. Looks like you have a lot of plans for your car!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Not my first firebird, but my first Lt1 hehe. We have some oh-so-evil plans for her
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM
The House is Rockin'

welcome!

camar0corey lives in spring hill, so does 2004rst from pt.net. im in beverly hills...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:50 PM

Nice, yeh i've been in SH for about a year now and to be quite honest I enjoy it compared to Philly, as much as I loved my city. Much nicer on my car down here hehe. Sold my 81 trans am before i moved and just got this 94 formula Gonna throw a TA hatch on it (I like the raised spoiler) and a SCC pred. hood and air box. Wanna respray her Black with the factory white Formula decals. 17 inch black m-series wheels, ect ect. Also thinking that white Blackbird stripes and wing tips will accent it quite nicely. Thats some bank to spend though, so I have many paychecks to save for it

here is an example of the stripes and wingtips on an LS1 model and the aforementioned wheels coming in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails Hello Everyone!-blackbirdstripesfront.jpg   Hello Everyone!-blackbirdstripeswing.jpg   Hello Everyone!-arv_torqthrustm_bml_ci3_l.jpg  
Old 09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
The House is Rockin'

^

nice, should look killer when done. love those wheels btw.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 PM

TY! Might just have to take a trip your way when its done to show it off right?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

hm, i dont know. i have different perception of florida than you mate. namely because ive never had the oppurtunity to drive a car around all day as i wished.

i might go back to our fair city. enjoy the 90* temps with 110* heat indexes.

st. petersburg by the way. you sound liek you live close to where i hear alot of stuff happens, me? my only action is watching peopel take delivery of new Camaros.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the area, well if you have been here a year already then I suppose you know about the huge car show on 50 every Thursday night. So I guess welcome to LS1tech. If you have any LT1 questions or just need a hand let me know.

Dakmor, I don't know about a lot of stuff happening, pretty quiet around Hernando/Pasco/Citrus.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Ty corey. St pete is nice Dakmor i've been through it a few times. Yeah i heard about the show on 50 but i dunno exactly where its at if you wanna point me in the right direction hehe. Hernando sounds pretty quiet actually, but i hear alot of stuff happening in pasco and closer to orlando. Yeah it's my first LT1 i know ALOT about the engine im just learning the building aspects of it. Lucky for me i know Scotty G. over at Scotty Racing Technology so all my build questions get answered quick
Old 09-03-2010, 10:03 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Welcome to the area, well if you have been here a year already then I suppose you know about the huge car show on 50 every Thursday night.
Originally Posted by Xer0ta
Ty corey. St pete is nice Dakmor i've been through it a few times. Yeah i heard about the show on 50 but i dunno exactly where its at if you wanna point me in the right direction hehe.

ive been there twice, its right where the chick-fil-a is on 50, if i remember theres a sears and best buy? in the same lot.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah its by the chick-fil-a and Sears. Hmm I think its an H.H. Greg, same kinda place anyway.

Nice! I think I'm gonna have SRT rebuild a shortblock I have laying around here, slated for my Silverado. I'm off of County Line so I'm close by. Small world, keep finding people that either know him or have had work done by him. Yet I've never seen any advertising, you'd never even know he was there. News of great work must get around.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:08 AM

Scotty G does good work my man. Im from philly originally and I use to run with the Weber family up there. Big Bill Weber runs a couple high 8 and low 9 second camaro's and a corolla with a 385 stroker LOL. Scotty tunes his engines. Also I was over his place this week cause his parents do a u-haul thing and i needed an auto transport so I was walking through the machine shop and I saw this 737 cube he's shipping to Bahrain I believe. Thing looked nasty. Talked to him about stroking the LT1 he said it can be done and he knows Eagle rotating assemblies are the way to go for that.

EDIT: NON-SPONSOR LINK REMOVED

Last edited by Villain281H; 09-04-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Oh your talking about the Chik-Fil-A on the corner of 50 and Mariner? Thats about 5 miles from my house if so.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Corey I picked up a new demo this week and thought you might like it. I decided to use it this weekend so washed it and took some pics. Thursday night I am heading down to Spring Hill for some fun and hope to see you.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Yep, that's where the show is at, Thursday evening. If its not raining this next week I might head up, Thursdays are kinda crap for me this semester as I have to go back to PHCC at 7PM for a class, after leaving there at 5, so I only have so much time to grab dinner and get back there. Guess if I combine the two activities I'd have time to go up to 50.

Hey Richie, I might be up there, its just a time thing for me. So you'll be there in a fifth gen then?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 AM

I'll see if i can make it up on Thursday than. Work prohibits alot of activity for me as my schedule and hours change week to week.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:03 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard, and if you have questions, we're all here to help the need!

One thing: Please do not post contact information for non-sponsors. See the sticky section at the top for more information on this.

Good luck with your LT1!

Derek
Old 09-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Ok sorry didn't notice.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Well the weather looks like it might hold out this evening. I'm going up to Ruby Tuesdays regardless, then if the show is on I'll be walking around, 5:45-6:30ish depending on how fast food comes out to me at Rubys. I'll be wearing a black Nitrous Outlet shirt and a desert camo hat so you can find me if you are up there Xer0ta, or anyone else I don't know that wants to say hello. Richie you still headed down?

Quick Reply: Hello Everyone!